Arnor

fuck engine, give rvr expansion imo!

hi lythande btw :)

N

nalistah

boho, does it mean that i have to buy another uber gfx card :l

O

old.Lythande

Nalistah, if you scroll down you get links to the pics if you don't see 'em.

Hi Arnor :D

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Arnor
fuck engine, give rvr expansion imo!

hi lythande btw :)

Hehe, givf both AND new PvE zones.

T

The Real Redi

Why do they look like screenies that have been run though Photoshop and had the Watercolour filter laid on them all? :rolleyes:

why do i get the feeling that thats exactly what's been done to stem the whining with a little taster of what's not to come?

B

Brunore

And sort the shitty lag out in large RvR battles

O

old.Tohtori

OMG LIEK TREES!! UBER! W00t!

..dum...dei...dadum...

Has the gaming society really gone to the point where, when a game has major problems with things like balance, long time appeal and stability(to name a few) that when developers bring out a new engine and people see a bit better(using the word loosely) trees and a groundtexture, that has more then three shades of green in it, that gamers start to piss honey and call the developers gods of allmighty begesus? :D

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
OMG LIEK TREES!! UBER! W00t!

..dum...dei...dadum...

Has the gaming society really gone to the point where, when a game has major problems with things like balance, long time appeal and stability(to name a few) that when developers bring out a new engine and people see a bit better(using the word loosely) trees and a groundtexture, that has more then three shades of green in it, that gamers start to piss honey and call the developers gods of allmighty begesus? :D

yeah, i bet the graphics/art team is the one doing the balance/code changes.

you must be related to moo in some way.

D

Damon_D

Well maybe thye should fire some of those art dudes , and hire some peopel to fix the freaking game instead..its such a hard choise ... fix game v fluffy tree's ....

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by katt!
yeah, i bet the graphics/art team is the one doing the balance/code changes.

you must be related to moo in some way.

"I.,..duuuh...moooo!! What is this co..de thing you speak of Mr. Encyclopedia? I just gfx artist, i know nutting of making games..."

And now that i've had my fun with that, let me clarify you a thing here. I know, quite a whopping good amount more about making games then you so hush with the moo comments. My post was not towards "dissing" the gfx team but towards the gamers.

"Look! New engine! Oooooh..i wet myself!"

Comments are the only reason why gamedevs are nowadays focused on gfx instead of the game itself.

Read. Comprehend. Reply. As some wise man once said.

K

katt!

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
"I.,..duuuh...moooo!! What is this co..de thing you speak of Mr. Encyclopedia? I just gfx artist, i know nutting of making games..."

And now that i've had my fun with that, let me clarify you a thing here. I know, quite a whopping good amount more about making games then you so hush with the moo comments. My post was not towards "dissing" the gfx team but towards the gamers.

"Look! New engine! Oooooh..i wet myself!"

Comments are the only reason why gamedevs are nowadays focused on gfx instead of the game itself.

Read. Comprehend. Reply. As some wise man once said.

screenshots make way better ads then balance patchnotes ;p

O

old.job

I like, cos I like graphics, because they help to immerse me in the game.

Of course as soon as battle commences, I wouldn't notice if the game went to 320x176 and black'n'white.

But it is nice, theres a tip Mythic, if theres more than 10 players from each realm within clipping distance of each other, why don't they have the game bang down its polygon count and texturing, no one would notice and it would do wonders for the frame rate.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by katt!
screenshots make way better ads then balance patchnotes ;p

Don't i know that. Had a good months job of making screenshots to the webby. Blow ya mind kinda work...*shivers*

Though the fact remains, no matter how could screenies, how good gamebalance, it all comes down to Ze Community.

Players say it's crap. It's crap.

It doesn't matter how nice the wrapping is or how well written the card is, it's still crap in a bag.

R

rynnor

Originally posted by The Real Redi
Why do they look like screenies that have been run though Photoshop and had the Watercolour filter laid on them all? :rolleyes:

why do i get the feeling that thats exactly what's been done to stem the whining with a little taster of what's not to come?

Because you are a perceptive individual and because thats what every MMORPG does to flog itself/expansions - SWG had some ludicrously good screenies and some people actually expected the game to look as good...

Theres only one thing you can be certain of in online games - youll never be able to recreate the 'promotional screenshots' !!!

O

old.job

As you can see the new GFX engine makes the Dragon fat.
qfc1.jpg

K

kinag

Still not very impressed by those pictures, it looks nice, but wth has the graphic to do with the gameplay?

Graphics can be as shitty as the like, I just want to play and bash albs...

E

Easy

Some classes are still overpowered... But hey, eating
ultra-hi resolution Emain grass with Alpha Blending and
Trilinear Filtering looks like pure leetness. Ahem ;)

O

old.Lythande

Jesus, I post a link to some screenshots of the new engine but you just couldn't leave it at that now could you.

Newsflash: Mythic doesn't even code their own gfx-engine so this has NOTHING to do with class-balance etc.. :rolleyes:

K

kinag

Btw Lythande, How is Planetside? :)

Thinking of buying the game and check it out myself :)

A

Arnor

it can be damn fun if you play it with a couple of mates (protecting terminal room with buddy while mate hacks it rawks), but I doubt it has stayingpowwah.

O

old.Lythande

It's fun for a while then you get bored of the massive zergs. That and the retarded way outfits are rated ie. our outfit had like 15 active members and we were in the top for some time, but then these mongoloid outfits with like 200 members start to catch up because to get exp/outfit-points in the game all you basically have to do is be close to a base that's being captured, it feels kinda pointless then for us sitting on TS with tactics etc to try to compete with the drones that just zerg into a base and camp for 15 minutes.

O

old.Hellskor

if you're playing PS, don't bother with rankings, levels or this other statistic crap ... just play the game and have fun ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread