Mythic's First Info on TOA released

S

Sharma

Water breath potions, explains the massive underwater expeditions without breathing, heh.

And they now have +90% speed potions? :eek7:

K

kain_pravus

So seems mythic lied about how the new abilities wouldn't effect RvR.

It's lucky I like PvE, or I would be damn annoyed... If you want to stay on top of the food chain you'll need master abilities.

So that post you made earlier was true, some of those new master levels look pretty damn unballancing.

S

Shike

just by reading the notes for toa on herald Id say.. jesus f'cking christ. Loads of new stuff to do it seems, bring it on...

<and then I realize how long we in EU are gona have to wait>

<then I further realize everything will be explored in US already by the time we have it, this really really sucks tbh, would be fun to explore it at the same time as US>

<cries>

oh well..

D

Driwen

I am hoping that I can control myself to not read up about any of the info on US sites nor reading anything about them here on BW. So it will still be actual puzzling for me and hopefully also for the groups I am in. But dont know if i can resist the temptation to read all I can about this new expansion before it gets here :(.

O

old.Jable

"Upon achieving Master Level 1, you must go back to the Arbiter who will give you a choice of 2 Master Level Tracks to choose from. These Tracks determine what Master Level Abilities you receive."

on the other hand, the americans will test out all the abilities, and we wont have to guess which ones would be best.

T

thegreatest

Well the list of posted ability's was correct :). Some people said that it was probably all fake, well seems like there is gonna be a bodyguard ability comming after all :)

Battlemaster
The Battlemaster lives in the thick of battle. He uses his Atlantean
teachings to guard and protect his allies on the field. His skills enable
his allies to avoid blows; strike harder; and endure the rigors of battle
easier. In extreme situations, he can even prevent blows landing on his
protected charge till he falls

\0/

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.Jable
"Upon achieving Master Level 1, you must go back to the Arbiter who will give you a choice of 2 Master Level Tracks to choose from. These Tracks determine what Master Level Abilities you receive."

on the other hand, the americans will test out all the abilities, and we wont have to guess which ones would be best.

yea but it kinda ruins the element of surprise, i am thinking abit like u did now but imo the gaming experience from new encounters and abilities etc is more worth than having the perfect toon that has its way staked out to lvl50, rr10, masterlvl9 before the toon even have reached level 31.

C

Cush

Once you have purchased a boat, it will become an item in your inventory. To use one:
· You must be near water.
· Drag the boat icon from your inventory and drop it in the water where you want it placed. If the water is deep enough the boat will be placed.

row row row your boat
gently down a stream

:)

im so much gonna just row around in that pond in emain (and get killed by ewul aggro mobs but thats worth it)

T

Tesla Monkor

Noone is forcing you to look for spoilers. ;)

O

old.Thanatlos

Best thing about MA's: every realm seems to kinda get the same things :) << no whining about overpowered albs/mids/hibs with their I-WIN MA's! :)

S

Shike

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
Noone is forcing you to look for spoilers. ;)

naah ofc not Tesla, but still, people will talk about the new stuff they've seen SSs on and drool etc.. its kinda impossible to not know of something that can have an inpact on the game for me. Same goes for quite many I believe, add the the fact that I want to know as much as I can about daoc.. well.. curiosity.. u know ^^

T

Tesla Monkor

Mythic has already stated that while the lines are 'the same' for everyone, individual classes will have access to different skills within these lines. SB doesn't get the same things from the line as an Infil will. Don't cheer too soon. ;)

(Though this was posted a few weeks ago. Hopefully they come back on what they said before.. )

O

old.job

OK help an idiot time here, there is just one new area?

Not like SI with seperate realm areas?

Do we all go the same place?

Will the different realms meet each other in Atlantis?

T

Tesla Monkor

No. Every realm has an identical copy (aren't all copies?) of the Atlantis zones. Atlantis is a non-RvR zone. :)

T

Twaize

There should be one atlantis rvr zone.. Imagine: Mids to the backside! COME ON MEN ROW! They r more FASTER FASTER! ARGH BOARD THEM! Bail into the water and save ur life! They r plunging in after us! ATTACK!

S

Shike

Originally posted by Twaize
There should be one atlantis rvr zone.. Imagine: Mids to the backside! COME ON MEN ROW! They r more FASTER FASTER! ARGH BOARD THEM! Bail into the water and save ur life! They r plunging in after us! ATTACK!

no thanks, would severely hurt the underdogrealms on all servers, and assassins would camp allover the place. Or did you mean a whole new RVRzone only for RVR? If so, shud be oke I guess, ppl would still head Emain though I believe.

A

arrakeen

I like the fact thats ToA is the same for all realms cause its probaly alot bigger then it would have been if there was 3 differet areas :)

And because i dont play other realms ^^

Anyway Seem like a great Add on, just think its pretty stupid that all the different portions etc dont give you the same swim speed.. :) The duration different is ok

Looking forward to try it, hope GoA cba to get it out fast :)

R

Restart

Due to some misunderstandings that occurred at the time of the Drakoran invasion, the Thrawn Ogres of Krondon consider themselves enemies of Albion. However, they were once allies, and at that time there was some interbreeding between Avalonions and Ogres, resulting in a new breed, now referred to as Half Ogres.

lol.. Half Ogre's come from Ogre and Avalonian interbreeding...

S

SoulFly Amarok

Paladin Warlord just sounds funny, imagine a tank with 1k af bodyguarding a cleric, when you have 2 instants of your own? xDD

Could get ap 2, moheheh.

T

Tesla Monkor

.. and then you discover bodyguard only allows you to guard other fighter classes. ;)

O

old.Ramas

So seems mythic lied about how the new abilities wouldn't effect RvR.

It's lucky I like PvE, or I would be damn annoyed... If you want to stay on top of the food chain you'll need master abilities.

The master levels are not pve being required for rvr anymore than they are rvr being required for pve.

Obtaining master levels requires you to complete objectives in both PvE and RvR.

Personally I'd wouldn't be surprised by something like....

Go PvE here to get widget A, B, and C.

Then use widget A in the lord room of keep X.

Use widget B on the corpse of a dead Lurikeen.

Use widget C in the vicinity of relic Y.

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
.. and then you discover bodyguard only allows you to guard other fighter classes. ;)

So 2 reavers can BG each other and be immune to melee FOREVAH!!

Seriously, BG is quite obviously not going in the game in the format shown yesterday, it's time to stop worrying about it.

F

Falcon

Well the list posted yesterday is mostly real but also a couple of months out of date.

Wonder if you can setup seige kit on boats, gonna put my boat in Yggdra lake and bombard the BK or something :p

O

old.Hellskor

think boats would turn Yggdra into the #1 RvR zone ! :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

Duels in boats! SM pbaes and sinks the boat. Marvelous :D

O

old.Hellskor

...wonder if stealthers can get submarines...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Stick a bonedancer in a boat in the middle of Ygg lake and just wait for the boarding parties. Can't beat going fishing.

K

krait

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
...wonder if stealthers can get submarines...

Naah.................... plastic sharks fin on the back. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom