Mythic working with UO makers :o

Adari

Part of the furniture
I dont think today's UO is appauling to be honest. For pvp-ers it is still a very good game, very skill based and fast paced pvp, much better than daoc's pvp has been lately.

I play my red daily and still very much enjoy the game despite of its expansions. The samurai and necro/paladin expansions did not really ruin the game, nor did aos. Trammel seperates the pvp community from the carebear banksitters, it makes for less newbs in fel which doesn't really matter. Admittedly the game is not at all what it used to be but it is still entertaining in a way daoc.... isnt.

If you are a PvE-er then there are better games to play, wow being the pve game king.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
so if daoc had "free account" or "20 quid account and get /level" ?

It has nothing to do with accounts, you pay per character. It would be comparable to paying for a level 10 to 13 or so character on daoc. It is insignificant, nobody forces you to use it, it is meant to be a headstart for veteran players who do not care for the beginner stuff.

http://support.uo.com/advancedcharacter.html

They may have created it to make money but in a game like UO it has its uses.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
It has nothing to do with accounts, you pay per character. It would be comparable to paying for a level 10 to 13 or so character on daoc. It is insignificant, nobody forces you to use it, it is meant to be a headstart for veteran players who do not care for the beginner stuff.

and do not care paying irl cash for it? ;o

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
I played UO for one day many years ago...i stopped when I couldnt stop laughing (sorry to the UO lovers).

It will be interresting to se what the cooperation brings to the gaming world..starting to say that it will be a good or a bad thing is still to early in my book because we still only have a vague idea what Mythic's original plan was/is with Warhammer. I think we need to stop thinking US and THEM because if we do will miss out on vast amounts of tallent that is hidden in "their" ranks, and its only the very best I want to be in the process of creating the next game im playing regardless of who is signing their paycheck.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
so if daoc had "free account" or "20 quid account and get /level" ?

Its more like "$30 and get /level 30 on ONE characther"

Himse

FH is my second home
Dimse Dut said:
<Raven> I tried setting my hotmail password to penis.
<Raven> It said my password wasn't long enough.

fucking lol :D :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom