Mythic Update not responding, possible router problem?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I bought new wireless a few days ago, before that everything was fine, so im guessing my problems lie there. But everything else works fine.. so maybe not?

Mythic update locks up, takes a few seconds to load the text 'Welcome to the european servers etc.' into the main box, the bars at the bottom display 'checking for updated files...' and 'Please wait' and thats as far as it gets till I kill it in task manager.

I get the same problem on 2 different PCs, my main PC will sometimes load DAOC ok, but it seems I have to encourage it by opening something in IE.
My second PC needs patching, but doesnt get further than 'please wait' whatever I try.

Some hardware info:-

PC1, XP, netgear PCI wireless net card.
PC2, XP, BT voyager PCI wireless net card.

New router : Netgear WGT634v3 108 Mpbs Wirelss Firewall Router

ISP / Location NTL/Uk

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks, Ill double check ive got the relevent ports open.

Im beginning to wonder if the problem is just that the update server is borked today. My non resposive program came back to life after 30 mins and after half an hour of downloading at a massive 0.2kb/s we are now up to 2.2kb/s (oh the power of broadband being streched to the limit...), so at least im patching even if at a snails pace...

Im guessing the patcher is simply badly programmed with no call backs to windows services during much of its operation, hence windows considers it to be non-resposive when its just.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
No such problems today, 2nd account patched at 300KB/s. Putting this down to a flaky day for the update server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom