Mythic to work on new UO

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I read somewhere they hiring new devs, so be aware cause we gonna have some shitty patches inc!! xD

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
No game was more exciting than UO full stop!

If it wasnt so old and out dated i would never have left that game.

Knowing that at any moment someone could kill you and take everything you were carrying was so scary. You had to be smart or be dead.

I'll never forget the day i killed someone and found the key and rune stone to their castle (this was back in the days before you could change the locks so basically the castle was mine! )

They got so much right with that game when you compare it to more modern ones if they remade it with the original gameplay but modern graphics i'd be back in a shot but that wont happen!

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Never played UO but heard good things about it, Kairamar loved it :p

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah mate for its time it was legendary, i think a lot of people that played UO when it came out have been searching for the same buzz from an online game ever since tbh.

I can still remember like 6 years ago or whatever the name of the bastard that killed me on my doorstep and stole my beloved house that me and a mate had spent weeks saving up for!!!! The guy left a ransom note for the return of the key!

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Calmin said:
Yeah mate for its time it was legendary, i think a lot of people that played UO when it came out have been searching for the same buzz from an online game ever since tbh.

I can still remember like 6 years ago or whatever the name of the bastard that killed me on my doorstep and stole my beloved house that me and a mate had spent weeks saving up for!!!! The guy left a ransom note for the return of the key!

rofl quality. would of loved to of tried that

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Calmin said:
No game was more exciting than UO full stop!

If it wasnt so old and out dated i would never have left that game.

Knowing that at any moment someone could kill you and take everything you were carrying was so scary. You had to be smart or be dead.

I'll never forget the day i killed someone and found the key and rune stone to their castle (this was back in the days before you could change the locks so basically the castle was mine! )

They got so much right with that game when you compare it to more modern ones if they remade it with the original gameplay but modern graphics i'd be back in a shot but that wont happen!

Totally agree. I played on the Baja US server for over 2 years and would still have been there now if DAOC hadn't come out with rvr and (at the time) slick graphics.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
wooot :D at least when daoc is over ill have a nice game to go to :D

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
If UO gets back the PvP like in old days pre-trammel I will be playing it 24/7 again!! That was the coolest game ever! Remember spending so fucking much time PvP'ing and having a LOT of fun :)

[/M\] - Majestic // Europe shard, 4-fucking ever! :D

Adari

Part of the furniture
papaboo said:
If UO gets back the PvP like in old days pre-trammel I will be playing it 24/7 again!! That was the coolest game ever! Remember spending so fucking much time PvP'ing and having a LOT of fun :)

[/M\] - Majestic // Europe shard, 4-fucking ever! :D

the pvp is amazing nowadays, not as good as pre trammel but still very much enjoyable ;d

papaboo

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
the pvp is amazing nowadays, not as good as pre trammel but still very much enjoyable ;d

Oh really? I thought there wasnt such a thing in UO anymore at all. A friend of mine is still playing (damn, since 98 !..) and he says it's dead :)

Adari

Part of the furniture
¿

theres lots of pvp going on still

for instance i played 3v12 with 2 guildmates for hours yesterday around the guildhouse of a guild we had just attempted to raid in despise ;d

still a lot of action around yew gate and champ spawns/dungeons etc

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:

The pvp in UO now is a joke, pvp is either at yew gate where he house runners are or champ spawns. Artifacts and stupid expansions killed UO, from pub16 onwards it decended into a cesspit of crap. Played Atlantic from 98-01 then played Europa from 01-03, and pre pub16 it was great, no game has ever come close to old UO.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
The pvp in UO now is a joke, pvp is either at yew gate where he house runners are or champ spawns. Artifacts and stupid expansions killed UO, from pub16 onwards it decended into a cesspit of crap. Played Atlantic from 98-01 then played Europa from 01-03, and pre pub16 it was great, no game has ever come close to old UO.

pvp is amazing comapred to any other game

daoc just makes me wanna cry irl

yew gate is yew gate, still is fun. raiding champs is the most fun form of pvp i have ever experienced

the ren expansion killed off uo as it was after release, but the game as it is now has a lot going for it and is still very much enjoyable, just entirely different

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
pvp is amazing comapred to any other game

daoc just makes me wanna cry irl

yew gate is yew gate, still is fun. raiding champs is the most fun form of pvp i have ever experienced

the ren expansion killed off uo as it was after release, but the game as it is now has a lot going for it and is still very much enjoyable, just entirely different

The pvp is as bad as daoc imho now, pre pub16 it was still good and mage fights were down to skill, now the pvp is just like daoc, item based. I pvp'd 24/7 in UO and loved it, factions were great fun and Europa had the most active factions of all UO servers. I had friends who played after AoS but even they quit with the jap expansion and other crap. As for champ spawns last i played a guild called Artifact Infintary (ex-trammies who pre artifacts were terrible pvpers but were twinked to the max after AoS) ran around in a group of 20-30.

UO used to be great for pvp, duels and soloing, now its just a cesspit of artifacts anf house runners (auto house ban added to the dumbing down of pvp also).

AoS made ToA look like a great expansion. They ruined fel with pub16 with stat scrolls and the nerfing of fel dungeons and insurance is just a joke. All the ruthlesness in the game is all but gone, thieves nerfed with insurance and the continual dumbing down of fel.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
The pvp is as bad as daoc imho now, pre pub16 it was still good and mage fights were down to skill, now the pvp is just like daoc, item based. I pvp'd 24/7 in UO and loved it, factions were great fun and Europa had the most active factions of all UO servers. I had friends who played after AoS but even they quit with the jap expansion and other crap. As for champ spawns last i played a guild called Artifact Infintary (ex-trammies who pre artifacts were terrible pvpers but were twinked to the max after AoS) ran around in a group of 20-30.

UO used to be great for pvp, duels and soloing, now its just a cesspit of artifacts anf house runners (auto house ban added to the dumbing down of pvp also).

AoS made ToA look like a great expansion. They ruined fel with pub16 with stat scrolls and the nerfing of fel dungeons and insurance is just a joke. All the ruthlesness in the game is all but gone, thieves nerfed with insurance and the continual dumbing down of fel.

it may be item based but as everyone and their dog has all the artifacts / items needed so it doesnt really matter

mage fights are still down to skill, and recent patches have kind of improved it, dexers however.... ;p in daoc its about abilities and numbers whereas i can run around solo in uo and not die to zergs. i stand by my statement of pvp still being great as i just came from raiding a harry in hythloth which was immense fun, better than any keep fight or whatever daoc thing you could compare to it Xd

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
it may be item based but as everyone and their dog has all the artifacts / items needed so it doesnt really matter

mage fights are still down to skill, and recent patches have kind of improved it, dexers however.... ;p in daoc its about abilities and numbers whereas i can run around solo in uo and not die to zergs. i stand by my statement of pvp still being great as i just came from raiding a harry in hythloth which was immense fun, better than any keep fight or whatever daoc thing you could compare to it Xd

Harrower raiding is boring, its like attacking people pveing in daoc, the mage fights are still item based and there is very little skill involved, if the pvp was still great then i and many many old UO players would still be playing, but were not ;)

Its no coincidence that the Defiance freeshard setup by probably the best ever player on Europa has a higher population than the Europa shard.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Harrower raiding is boring, its like attacking people pveing in daoc, the mage fights are still item based and there is very little skill involved, if the pvp was still great then i and many many old UO players would still be playing, but were not ;)

Its no coincidence that the Defiance freeshard setup by probably the best ever player on Europa has a higher population than the Europa shard.

harrower raiding is boring?

the best pvp guild on europa (6 or so in total) did a prime time harry expecting the entire shard to show (but only ~13 people came to raid) and managed to fend off the attackers as well as kill the harrower and get the scrolls out of the dungeon, it wasnt in any way boring for either of the parties.

also no, mage pvp is not purely item based and skill is involved

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Mark Jacobs: UO is not ready for the scrap heap. I believe that with a full graphical revamp, as well as the addition of lots of other cool new stuff, we have the chance to attract new players to the game, as well as bring back former subscribers. This decision by EA to put a lot of additional resources (and money) into the title shows, in a big way, its renewed commitment to online games.

It's a waste of talent to "revamp" a ten year old game.
Mythic needs to pimp those developers on future projects which will attract subscribers!

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
harrower raiding is boring?

the best pvp guild on europa (6 or so in total) did a prime time harry expecting the entire shard to show (but only ~13 people came to raid) and managed to fend off the attackers as well as kill the harrower and get the scrolls out of the dungeon, it wasnt in any way boring for either of the parties.

also no, mage pvp is not purely item based and skill is involved

Doesn't stand for much when all the best pvpers left long ago when the game was changed from skill and spell timing to who has the best items, an example of this is 99% of pvp mages pre pub16 used to either wear gm armor or no armor, nowadays unless your resists are maxxed your going to take nasty damage, if you don't have artifacts and your opponent does you will die, then you figure in armor bonuses from barbed sewing kits and the richest can afford the best bits (i had 35 gm tailor/smithy bots on Europa).

Like i said there is a reason the freeshard run by arguably Europa's best ever player has a higher population than Europa and even the die hard UO players quit after the crap AoS introduced.

Not sure how long you have played UO or what shard but if you played the era i did you would see where i'm coming from. I still have my original account with my original mage, but unless they make a pre pub16 shard ill never re-open it.

Diablo II classic 1.64 patch > all pvp games. :p

Almost perfect balance between all classes during that patch, alteast if u played in a nice community with own rules, ladders and tours !

Adari

Part of the furniture
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Doesn't stand for much when all the best pvpers left long ago when the game was changed from skill and spell timing to who has the best items, an example of this is 99% of pvp mages pre pub16 used to either wear gm armor or no armor, nowadays unless your resists are maxxed your going to take nasty damage, if you don't have artifacts and your opponent does you will die, then you figure in armor bonuses from barbed sewing kits and the richest can afford the best bits (i had 35 gm tailor/smithy bots on Europa).

Like i said there is a reason the freeshard run by arguably Europa's best ever player has a higher population than Europa and even the die hard UO players quit after the crap AoS introduced.

Not sure how long you have played UO or what shard but if you played the era i did you would see where i'm coming from. I still have my original account with my original mage, but unless they make a pre pub16 shard ill never re-open it.

I remember the old times but zz times change, its np making a suit. I have suits with and without artifacts (orny being the only one you _kinda_ need, depending on what bonusses you want to go for) and they are fine. Artifacts are just items that make suit building easier, its down to good barbed runic or just being lucky with fitting it all in with the jewelery you have.

I have had accounts since release but my current isnt very old. I played a disarm thief pre pub 16 which was hilarious, played daoc/swg/ps for a bit and some uo but not very seriously the following years untill a few months ago when i realised uo pvp rox compared to daoc's xD EVEN if its different nowadays and more item based than before

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
I remember the old times but zz times change, its np making a suit. I have suits with and without artifacts (orny being the only one you _kinda_ need, depending on what bonusses you want to go for) and they are fine. Artifacts are just items that make suit building easier, its down to good barbed runic or just being lucky with fitting it all in with the jewelery you have.

I have had accounts since release but my current isnt very old. I played a disarm thief pre pub 16 which was hilarious, played daoc/swg/ps for a bit and some uo but not very seriously the following years untill a few months ago when i realised uo pvp rox compared to daoc's xD EVEN if its different nowadays and more item based than before

We will have to agree to disagree on the pvp issue, but i had a disarm thief also, mine was on Atlantic in S|S, with crazy joe, rabid chicken, glove and co. I got some UO pictures kicking about somewhere from europa factions pre pub16 and stealing on Atlantic back in 98-2000.

Adari

Part of the furniture
crazy joe was awesome Xd

i loved reading his epis, n adam ant, secret gimp etc Xd

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
crazy joe was awesome Xd

i loved reading his epis, n adam ant, secret gimp etc Xd

Crazy Joe was good, as well was Belan, but no one comes close to Galid for sheer amusement.

Zede

Part of the furniture
been playing UO before i feck off to India, had great fun so far.

One thing i have noticed, is thee amount of NEW players every day in UO, if only mythic would offer daoc stupidly cheap/free for new players and turn off /level 20 at the same time - peeps would have fun showing the noobs around keltoi etc, i certainly have had fun showing the noobs around UO...oh so Thatsss a Balron.... !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom