Mythic sais Feature GoA says bug. Poisonspike issue

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
latest grab bag

Q: (Insert question here on Poisonspike, changes to Poisonspike on our European servers, and so on.)

A: I'm a little fuzzy on the details of what happened there. What I do know is this: Poisonspike may presently be cast during combat, and it is presently our intention to leave that alone. I don't know if that was originally considered a bug, but if it was, it's a feature now! As with everything in the game, the team might change their collective minds. For now, however, it is not scheduled to be changed. We just had a communication breakdown with our partners in Europe, and we'll take care of it.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
You are a so last week. :)

But, GoA are going to remove the bug they introduced soon. :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I was like wtf GOA altering the game to much for my liking atm xD

Sorry for useless post (wasnt my first :p )

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, let's hope they realize that policy is a bit unfortunate and thus improve their procedures accordingly. Ie, not allow bug fixes / changes to come on EU live before it's actually implemented on US live. :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
you must make amends for this

Hmm, how about a fair punishment that goes like this. Chimaira have to make a new post on FH with an actually funny joke each day until the XML is restored on EU servers again?

Sounds like a good, fair and square punishment to me!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Hmm, how about a fair punishment that goes like this. Chimaira have to make a new post on FH with an actually funny joke each day until the XML is restored on EU servers again?

He'll run out of jokes :mad:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:

How about banning him and anyone making pointless polls until the XML is fixed? :p

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know when they will be fixing this then as shortly could mean the time it takes to fix xml for all i know.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
luribeauty said:
anyone know when they will be fixing this then as shortly could mean the time it takes to fix xml for all i know.

I would hope it will be fixed this week however I feel they will drag there heels on this for instance couldn't this have been changed this morning while the server was down?

BTW renna when a sb on 100% hp watch's you fight someone and you leave the fight on 4% hp and you attack him but he dosnt fight back it means go away and hide :p didnt want to kill you but really you left me no choice :( would have rather met you later with 100% since solo ppl are rare :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
No timespan has been announced on when they'll 'take care' of Poisonspike and return it to it's overpowered state. There is a bug in the way poisonspike works, and whatever they do, they'll prevent that from being put back in game. It might be that the ability is left as it is right now until 1.80 is rolled out. (Which contains the fix to the ability.)

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
I would hope it will be fixed this week however I feel they will drag there heels on this for instance couldn't this have been changed this morning while the server was down?

BTW renna when a sb on 100% hp watch's you fight someone and you leave the fight on 4% hp and you attack him but he dosnt fight back it means go away and hide :p didnt want to kill you but really you left me no choice :( would have rather met you later with 100% since solo ppl are rare :)

hmm didnt realize till i died but most mid stealther's would have killed me,im sure we will meet again hopefully both 100%hp with no adds. :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
No timespan has been announced on when they'll 'take care' of Poisonspike and return it to it's overpowered state. There is a bug in the way poisonspike works, and whatever they do, they'll prevent that from being put back in game. It might be that the ability is left as it is right now until 1.80 is rolled out. (Which contains the fix to the ability.)

So given that Mythic have announced the "in combat" use is a feature, do you really think GOA are foolish enough to willingly let a bug they introduced remain on the servers for however many months it takes for 1.80 to go live in EU?

You claim it's a bug. Mythic specificly says it's a feature.

I somehow belive more in Mythic than you. ;)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Azathrim said:
So given that Mythic have announced the "in combat" use is a feature, do you really think GOA are foolish enough to willingly let a bug they introduced remain on the servers for however many months it takes for 1.80 to go live in EU?

I somehow belive more in Mythic than you. ;)
Tesla is correct. There is a bug in the ability which is not the 'usable in combat' issue. Mythic say it's a bug too which is why we're waiting to see what Mythic want us to do with it.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

he wasnt talkin bout the PS being able to be used in combat..there is actually another bug to do with PS (that is addressed in 1.80) that GoA we're attempting to fix..once they fixed it it also made PS uncastable in combat..so they checked with mythic bout it and in documentation saw that it's original intention was for it to be this way..and so went ahead with the fix.

they will return the PS to usable in combat..but may not do untill they have the fix for the OTHER bug to do with PS.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Tesla is correct. There is a bug in the ability which is not the 'usable in combat' issue. Mythic say it's a bug too which is why we're waiting to see what Mythic want us to do with it.

nerf GM beat me to it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:

To be more precise for those wondering... the bug he is refering to i believe is the fact you can cast the poison spike (insta) while you currently casting the casted mine (sorry cant remember which one it called) so that you lay both down at once. This is a problem as they share a timer and therefore you shouldnt be able to use both in this mannor

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I realize there is a bug were Tanglesnare and Poison spike can be cast simoultaniously. That was fixed in 1.80b to be excact.

Requiel, while you are on the line.

When do you plan to fix the current bug we have, were Poison spike cannot be cast in combat and gives a 10 second disarm?

The correct version of Poisonspike can be cast in combat with no disarm attached to it. That is not the case on EU servers currently - as you know.

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
breaking stuff goes fast, fixing it takes ages... typical.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
I realize there is a bug were Tanglesnare and Poison spike can be cast simoultaniously. That was fixed in 1.80b to be excact.

When do you plan to fix the current bug we have, were Poison spike cannot be cast in combat and gives a 10 second disarm?

The correct version of Poisonspike can be cast in combat with no disarm attached to it. That is not the case on EU servers currently - as you know.

Dont play stealther. problem solved xD

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
breaking stuff goes fast, fixing it takes ages... typical.

Nah, I am sure GOA will handle this in a professional and competent way.

Especially as it's a GOA only bug (no matter the reason of communication breakdown that was the cause of this).

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
You forgot something there! :D

/sarcasm
Azathrim said:
Nah, I am sure GOA will handle this in a professional and competent way.

Especially as it's a GOA only bug (no matter the reason of communication breakdown that was the cause of this).
/sarcasm

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:

Ah, the drama, The BUG, pfff

You already sound like a broken vinyl record... i'm prety sure it will get fixed w/o you poisoning FH with it.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Actually not Cylian.

GOA made a mistake (for various reasons).

I am sure GOA are grown up enough to be able to admit it and correct the mistake in a competent way.

Cylian

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
Actually not Cylian.

GOA made a mistake (for various reasons).

I am sure GOA are grown up enough to be able to admit it and correct the mistake in a competent way.

:eek7:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Azathrim said:

As I said in my previous answer, we're waiting to see what Mythic want us to do with it. There's a chance it'll stay like it is until 1.80 is live in Europe, or its possible Mythic may send us a fix earlier.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
As I said in my previous answer, we're waiting to see what Mythic want us to do with it. There's a chance it'll stay like it is until 1.80 is live in Europe, or its possible Mythic may send us a fix earlier.

Due want me to update your ignore list for you mate? You will be hit with about 10 people consta whining if it left like this :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic FTW when shalt you learn :p

I just happen to Like Pryd a bit but no the server and company :(

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
dunno if this allready been answered in other thread , but i still didnt quite catch why goa would do this "fix" in the first place , any that can clarify why we got patch that wasnt a fix but another bug ?

also curious if there is any testings done before you implement these kinda things requiel.

hardly think that what this bug allowed was as game balance altering as what the "fix" prohibits.

on a sidenote i think you should add these kinda fixes (assuming you are continuing this policy with EURO only patches) into a special section on your website , maybe call it "current eu only fixes" , along with ETA on the proper patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom