Mythic plans to expand with European offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
But not for DAoC! :p

From the 10th May press release:

Mythic Entertainment, developer and publisher of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Dark Age of Camelot, today announced plans to open a European office, and to launch their upcoming science-fiction MMORPG, Imperator, simultaneously in North America and Europe.

The new office will oversee Mythic's European publishing operations including localization, marketing, distribution, customer support and billing for Imperator when it is released in the summer of 2006. Mythic is currently reviewing several possible locations for their European presence and is in discussions with a number of potential European distribution partners. As with Dark Age of Camelot, Imperator will be published by Mythic Entertainment in North America.

Looks like they've finally realised the importance of not contracting out their games to a third party to manage. Imperator may have a bit more chance in Europe!

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
Question is how well Imperator will do, since its PvE only? Certainly not interesting me.

/Gashemi

Pihls

Fledgling Freddie
Mythics finaly waken up now :clap: :clap:

just thinks it's too late for me now getting another kid
soo

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
orbin said:
Question is how well Imperator will do, since its PvE only? Certainly not interesting me.

/Gashemi

PvE for now......

:m00:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well, would you trust goa to run another game? :D

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
of course... pacman... ;)

:m00:

Nah, they need to translate the names before they release it...

Pinky and the other ghosts will need special language folders and custom servers to haunt....

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm maybe ...

This bit though: 'and is in discussions with a number of potential European distribution partners.'

makes you wonder. Maybe they have spoken to GoA, asked for buckets of money from them for having the distribution rights and been shown the door.

Seriously though, Imperator !!!

futurist games already have CoH with CoV to come, Eve and SWG have both sorted out their issues and released decent expansions, Matrix On-Line is now out long term remains to be seen, Tabla Rosa has been in the works a while and looks like seeing the light of day in 2006 as does Warhammer 40,000.

And that's without the competition from the other games.

lairiodd

Loyal Freddie
GReaper said:
But not for DAoC! :p

From the 10th May press release:

Looks like they've finally realised the importance of not contracting out their games to a third party to manage. Imperator may have a bit more chance in Europe!

The sub contracted to Goa cos they were a small start-up without the resources to launch in both the US and EU. From a buisness perspective, it was a good decision. In fact, there would probably be no German/French translated servers if not for that. English speaking europeans didn't get a good deal though, due to not benefit from the effort Goa spend on translating.

Now, OTOH, Mythic are much larger and can do the dual release on their own.

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
:flame: There arent things what would make me play PvE focused game without PvP :flame:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I know this is bumping, but did they do this?/

Only want to know in regards to Warhammer Online

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I know this is bumping, but did they do this?/

Only want to know in regards to Warhammer Online

Stop bumping an old thread! :twak:

The plans got cancelled. The EU presence idea was when Mythic were planning Imperator. Mythic eventually cancelled Imperator, so the EU offices never went ahead.

Mythic obtained the Warhammer license, they also decided to work with GOA again for the European version, as you can see from www.war-europe.com. Apparently they're planning to share all tools and keep patching quite close between EU/US, unlike the current situation with DAoC.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I declare this archeological dig a success! We found solid evidence of life in ancient times! It might even have been intelligent. :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Stop bumping an old thread! :twak:

The plans got cancelled. The EU presence idea was when Mythic were planning Imperator. Mythic eventually cancelled Imperator, so the EU offices never went ahead.

Mythic obtained the Warhammer license, they also decided to work with GOA again for the European version, as you can see from www.war-europe.com. Apparently they're planning to share all tools and keep patching quite close between EU/US, unlike the current situation with DAoC.

Wasnt that the plan for Daoc too, I cant imagine the plan was for patches to be months behind in europe?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Wasnt that the plan for Daoc too, I cant imagine the plan was for patches to be months behind in europe?

I doubt it. The language barriers with french and germans might have changed this though.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
That's funny, I asked about Imperator when I was last interviewed in France and was firmly told that Imperator was a dead duck, gathering dust and was shelved permanently. Hmmm.........

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
That's funny, I asked about Imperator when I was last interviewed in France and was firmly told that Imperator was a dead duck, gathering dust and was shelved permanently. Hmmm.........

C'est vrai. Le canard est mort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom