Mythic hands out free radar in RvR expansion!

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic never liked the fg vs. fg mindset and is doing everything it's power to enforce it. (As they have been for almost a year - but you're only beginning to notice now, since we're finally starting to get those patches and expansions. ;)

Don't start whining right away - this is RvR after all. A map that shows 'battles' will only provide corpses by the time you actually GET there. But the map will give you a general area in which interesting things are happening... which is a lot cooler than running around like a headless chicken in one of the 12 frontier zones trying to find someone to fight. I think the idea has potential. =)

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
They say it shows fight over a certain size...

What this means though and how it will be implemented is anyone's guess.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
You mean instead of fg v fg, it's now Realm vs Realm (or RvR for short).
SHOCK HORROR!
At bloody last it will be what it should always have been from day 1.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Smurflord said:
SHOCK HORROR!

what a massive lag fest of shit 2fps if your lucky where you do fuck all but die?

Give me a game that can handle what they want it to do then i wont moan. till then they got to sort out the basics so that it is possible to play in the situation. As atm it completely shit when you get 3fg of each realm in a battle let alone entire realms converging on 1 spot

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
1fg vs 1fg x10 = Realm versus realm. Or maybe I dont have the facts from U.S.A vs Vietnam for example, could be that yanks moved their whole force to one place instead of sending smaller troops in different parts of the country? Oo

Mythic can't stop people using radars so this could be their way to make the advantage of it smaller. Sounds good to me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
doesnt sound like a too bad idea, i like the idea of teleporting though :)

no more spending 10 mins walking to odins yay :)

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
RVR would be fun yes..but the problem is: how meny pc can handle 10 fg in same area? not meny. Thats why we want fg vs fg. Daoc have a crap game engine!

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Would need a way better engine to handle rvr, not just one that makes things look pretty.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Fast Attack Boats. These are multi-person boats that you purchase from an NPC to go to a specific destination on an enemy frontier coastline. Fast attack boats carry 16 passengers, and move at very high speed. They move on standard routes - and like horses, they are created instantly for you as soon as you hand the ticket to the boatmaster.

sounds like a bloody SAS mission or something.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Smurflord said:
SHOCK HORROR!

if you play excal for a while, you'll find out that what rvr should be... turns out to suck

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I think its too make rvr more than just running between the mile gates in emain its too make the whole idea of taking keeps and strategic points and holding keeps more fun. Making moving around the realm quickly without having a 5 min run only too end up dead and release just as quick. By not having too port too the enemy realms and taking the fight too the coast means that portal keep camping wont happen.

It just sounds like a hell of a lot more fun than just odins,emain,hadrians wall mile gate running. Looks like the rvr dungeon is going too be a lot more fun :)

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Doesnt DAoC get a new gfx engine or some sort of gfx upgrade with ToA?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
It's upgraded to use directx9 features or some such

This 'radar' won't give the advantage a normal radar does. It shows you fights, which will probably be over by the time you cross zones and reach the location.

Now you fight and run before the cg-adds can reach you. After Frontiers, you'll be running before the radar-adds arrive :p

Keep teleporting and player controlled boats sound cool... gifv horse wagons for drive-by shootings oO

Asharith

Loyal Freddie
This Radar works both ways .. So if midds and albs are fighting players from both realms start heading to that battle and this will keep the battle going .

And Yeha they need a FAR better engine .

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
SHOCK HORROR!

Exactly what I've always thought and the main reason why I started playing this game.
RVR would be fun yes..but the problem is: how meny pc can handle 10 fg in same area? not meny. Thats why we want fg vs fg. Daoc have a crap game engine!

....and there was me thinking that Fg v Fg was supposed to be the fun way to play and the best way to get RP's,yet all this time it was because high realm rank players have slow computers and lag a lot... :m00:

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
SHOCK HORROR!

Aye,a great game where you don't need anything that even resembles skill,thanks to the massive lag in what you call real RvR all you need to do is to press all buttons at the same time and hope you lag in the right direction.
Sounds wonderful.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
those with the best comp's will prevail when Frontiers come.. :(

Bring on 10fg plus rvr!

Ayana

Fledgling Freddie
Nice Planetside ripoff, the idea and design is still bad though.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Could be nice, could be a total disaster. will just have to see how it works in practice i guess :)

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
its no radar, just think of it as realm guards reporting in, the only people that will think of this as a radar are those that use radar themselves, after all they have the most to lose.

And it won't really affect 1fg vs 1fg, but gank groups will soon get noticed and everyone know were zergs are and be able to avoid them a bit easyer.

Zergs as we know them will hopefully change as the bottlenecks that form them such as people camping the PKs and MGs will be gone (just hope we don't get some new ones). From the looks of it large zergs will be forced to move long the main routs of the frontiers leaving themselves open to attack from the defensive possition. Small forces will be able to engage largeone without fear of being ran over. If we've all be playing beta code for the lat free year then the RvR expantion pack must be final code at least, if not Release code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom