Games Mythic become Bioware Mythic

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Took a while but Mythic are no longer Mythic, 12 months time the name will totally cease to exist I reckon.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So bioware bought them oO? bioware do make decent games tbh although I don't see why they'd buy a miserable failing sack of shit like Mythic.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Hardly a fail tbh DAOC lasted a long time compared to other MMOS

/in before Eve etc

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So bioware bought them oO? bioware do make decent games tbh although I don't see why they'd buy a miserable failing sack of shit like Mythic.

Because like any end consumer out there, myou're only noticing the company and product, and forgetting that there's serious talent inside the company.

They might have perfect deadline records, massive art studio, talented design crew and a company structure in place that makes it easier to buy it to expand, then to create one from scratch ;)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
DAOC and Baldur's Gate, two of my favourite ever games. Sounds like it should be awesome :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

no

ea bought mythic
ea bought Bioware

bioware head bloke is now head of EAs BiowareMythic MMORPG division: DAoC, WAR, UO, etc

Ormorof

FH is my second home
maybe they could put mythics pvp dudes in charge of biowares starwars mmo?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
maybe they could put mythics pvp dudes in charge of biowares starwars mmo?

Yeah that worked so well for WAR.

Pretty sure daoc was a mistake of awesome rather than intentional.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
They should put the original SW:G guys in charge of PvP before SoE bottled it big time.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Yup, the "Mythic" part of the name is bound to disappear next time!

Zede

Part of the furniture
maybe will go the same way as Origin Systems (/bow) but they were farrrr bigger than mythic & still got trashed.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
no

ea bought mythic
ea bought Bioware

bioware head bloke is now head of EAs BiowareMythic MMORPG division: DAoC, WAR, UO, etc

I was under the impression EA bought mythic and then mythic bought mythic back so to speak and now they're owned by EA again.... wtf? lol

Genedril

Part of the furniture
They've never bought themselves back from EA. They're also showing all the hallmarks of an EA studio buyout. Sometime in the next couple of years expect Mythic to buy the next big MMO developer that isn't Blizzard and roll that into Bio Ware Mythic

Dukat

Resident Freddy
EA is like a giant blob monster that keeps eating all of the people in those black and white movies.

STOP EATING ALL THE MANS YOU FUCKING HORRIBLE MONSTER THING :mad:

Exioce

Part of the furniture
DAOC was the greatest game ever, despite Mythic's meddling.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
EA only bought miffic when they saw the WARhammer cash cow rolling up, then stole all the cash made from sales of the game and bailed out when they realised just how shit it was as a long term investment.

Shame they were too dumb to realise the DAOC model was a winner and put the dosh into DAOC2 eh, instead they have gone with BIOware, who will probably do feck all with daoc too, gve crysis engine for gods sake, if an amateur can do it in 2 days, Im sure they can do the whole damn game!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
EA loves buying up like... they're like children in a £1 shop as far as company buying goes, shame they do fuck all constructive with them after that :/ all that seems to happen is the companies die over time and EA just lets them.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
EA loves buying up like... they're like children in a £1 shop as far as company buying goes, shame they do fuck all constructive with them after that :/ all that seems to happen is the companies die over time and EA just lets them.

So they buy all the sweets; stick them all together somehow and then leave them in the cupboard for 6 months til they taste wrong and go a bit mouldy before chopping bits off and trying to stick another sweet to them - rinse and repeat?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

EA is secretly ruled by Florentino Perez....:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom