Mythic against Buffbots?

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I just read on an US board about a "letter" from Mythic stating the fact they will take actions to tone down the need of double accounting in the near future (WoW like: distributed buffs on more classes, buffs working only inside group, buffs range etc.)

Tbh I think Mythic will never renounce double account easy money and I never read anything like that on camelotherald.

But due to the fact that WoW is using this difference and emphasizing it to show haw much Blizzard is "good" and Mythic is "evil" I have a very very very little hope about that.

Do anyone know about this "letter"? Any link, any info?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
yep, no way mythic will even try get rid of bots, since its a very effective way of increasing their revenue, especially since some people go as far as paying for/buying 3 accounts now

im all for putting range on buffs to limit their use in RvR but i must admit i would be upset if it tampered with PvE since thats slow and boring enough as it is :p

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Tholus said:
I just read on an US board about a "letter" from Mythic stating the fact they will take actions to tone down the need of double accounting in the near future (WoW like: distributed buffs on more classes, buffs working only inside group, buffs range etc.)

Tbh I think Mythic will never renounce double account easy money and I never read anything like that on camelotherald.

But due to the fact that WoW is using this difference and emphasizing it to show haw much Blizzard is "good" and Mythic is "evil" I have a very very very little hope about that.

A 'letter' going against their politics so far, without it citing any source? That's just some kid that were bored...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
lemme see - random made up comments by mythic on the VN boards?

never gonna happen... they're the font of all truth!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I would be VERY shocked if mythic stopped the use of buffbots either in PvE or RvR as I would guess they make up a rather large income now.

They would be more likely to make the buffs from buffbots avaliable to other characters in certain circumstances, off the top of my head - something like the portal ceremony - a wizzy pops onto the pad in each PK and does the equiv of a L40 buffbot AOE buffs that last for 15 mins, ceremony repeats every 20 mins.

Just an idea, it would mean those with BB's can have their lovely buffs whenever they want, and everyone else can have something pretty damn close aswell.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
No way, why would they slow down the cash flow? To make customers happy?

<laugh>

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:

In fact they have toned down the need of double accounts.. why do you think ae buffs was introduced?? so that mythic wouldnt loose to many customers that cant afford a BB.. most players that solo now atleast can have some minutes buffed in some form.. the BB will never leave daoc its here to stay but expect more of this ae stuff to be implemented so casual players can get some crappy buffs and not totally get owned bye those that got access to bbs..

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Just a feeling, but I think a buff range limit will be coming soon.

Wichtel

Fledgling Freddie
Can't find the posting on VN (anybody got a link?), but Matt Firor(sp?) said something like that on the GC in Germany last weekend. Naturally it wasn't a clear statement but he said that they try to lessen the impact of BBs. First attempt will be catacombs (no idea how...).
He admitted that they didn't see the influence of BBs in the beginning and then it was to late to just take out/drastically change the concept of buffs.
Naturally they won't do anything that will lead to BB users cancel their accounts, but maybe lessen the impact of buffs, like diminish benefits of high-end buffs?

Btw, he kinda 'announced' NF in EU for September, don't think GOA knew about that :p

W.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Wichtel said:
Can't find the posting on VN (anybody got a link?), but Matt Firor(sp?) said something like that on the GC in Germany last weekend. Naturally it wasn't a clear statement but he said that they try to lessen the impact of BBs. First attempt will be catacombs (no idea how...).
He admitted that they didn't see the influence of BBs in the beginning and then it was to late to just take out/drastically change the concept of buffs.
Naturally they won't do anything that will lead to BB users cancel their accounts, but maybe lessen the impact of buffs, like diminish benefits of high-end buffs?

Btw, he kinda 'announced' NF in EU for September, don't think GOA knew about that :p

W.

With catacombs as it's all instanced i'm guessing only group members go to the same place so no BB's out of group. Still won't stop you using an empty group space for a BB though.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I posted a request for link of that "letter" on the ign board where that "letter" was mentioned.

Two days and no answare... so I guess it is nothing true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom