Mysterious number 137

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Why exactly has this got so much 'mystery' around it? Okay so a few events have coincidental links to this number but really, having tried to read up on it, I have yet to see anything of any significance on the net about it.

Google it and you'll see what I mean. There are thousands of links talking about the mystery behind the number 137, even some links with the number and quantum physics but I have yet to see why people are saying 'ooooh spooky, it's popped up again!' when surely other numbers do too.

I feel as though I've missed something; anyone able to ellaborate on it a little?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I've never heard about there being anything special about that number.. weird.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Wikipedia says:
In mathematics

One hundred [and] thirty-seven is the 33rd prime number; the next is 139, with which it comprises a twin prime, and thus 137 is a Chen prime. 137 is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and a real part of the form 3n − 1. It is also the fourth Stern prime. 137 is a strong prime in the sense that it is more than the arithmetic mean of its two neighboring primes.

Using two radii to divide a circle according to the golden ratio yields sectors of approximately 137° (the golden angle) and 222°.

137 is a strictly non-palindromic number and a primeval number.

In physics

The fine structure constant, a dimensionless physical constant, approximates 1/137, and the astronomer Arthur Eddington conjectured in 1929 that its inverse was in fact precisely the integer 137, which he claimed could be "obtained by pure deduction". This conjecture was not widely adopted, and by the 1940's, the experimental values for the constant were clearly inconsistent with it.[1]

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i have numbers that haunt me. Every single day for 3-4 years i have looked at the clock at exactly 11:23 every morning

Its spooky

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
thenumber23poster.jpg

:confused:

Lethul

FH is my second home
i have numbers that haunt me. Every single day for 3-4 years i have looked at the clock at exactly 11:23 every morning

Its spooky

actually im very good to look at the clock at 13:37 ... must mean something! :)

Solo

Fledgling Freddie

Its spooky

I have the same with 9:11 pretty much every morning and evening i end up looking at a clock when its 911.

I know its not anything odd just when you starting thinking its coincidence you will notice that number alot more often and ignore countless times you see other numbers.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
What's the deal with 137 ? How is it supposed to be mysterious ? Its not like it has some diabolical connection with the antichrist, as 666 does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom