MySQL GUI

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Chaps

Friend of mine has got some webspace and is doign a few bits, i just quickly researched PHP and made a page for him to see how it works with a Database.

Thing is it would be dead handy to have the equivalent of Enterprise Manager for MySql. Anybody got a good tool to manage MySql databases?

phpMyAdmin is the gay!

Ta

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
mysql admin

not used it much as alot of webhosts don't allow remote access to their servers, but seems ok

you may be stuck with phpmyadmin, which isn't so bad, is it?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
What's wrong with phpMyAdmin? It does everything you could need and the interface is pretty much user-friendly.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It doesnt let you specify constraints via the gui - which would be nice.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
ta

phMyAdmin is a bit messy with drop downs and radio buttons everywhere

its nice to be able to run a query and view the results cleanly which you can edit easily i.e. Enterprise Manager

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The MySQL equivalent of Enterprise Manager is the aforementioned MySQL Administrator, with the equivilent of Query Analyser being Query Browser. Those two applications in combination replaced MySQL Control Centre.

There are a handful of third party applications as well, I have some experience of the Firebird version of EMS SQL Manager Lite, which was functional (but cluttered, imho). They do a version for most popular databases (the MySQL version is linked).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom