My TL has a sense of humour

A

Aravis

Armsman 1.58 Report Draft

Summary:

People who place the Armsman understand that it is our duty as plate wearers to take a beating and keep on smiling. We do this extremely well. Since SI was released Jimmy Bean was visited by so many laughing Armsmen that he decided to abandon his post and join our ranks.

The Armsman class needs nothing. We’re perfectly balanced and any issues labeled as bugs are really nifty features that allow us to maintain our sense of humor and strong role as realm point givers. Anything I suggest below is an attempt to reinforce that position.

Realm vs. Realm

The most important RvR issue is the group block/parry feature. Tests conducted by the Warrior TL and I have shown that the chance to block or parry decreases as opponent group size increases, significantly reducing the effectiveness of defensive skills in real RvR. We love this. Heros and Warriors have higher defensive skills than an offensive Armsman due to their lack of advanced weapon specs requirements. Any *feature* that hurts defenses in RvR is a friend of an Albion tank.

We understand that casting classes in our realm would benefit from this *feature* being fixed, since it would allow us to protect them from enemy tanks. To compensate I recommend that all non-melee classes in Albion become completely immune to melee damage.

Melee Styles:
All melee styles that snare (hinder) or offer attack speed reductions (slow) do not appear to work in RvR.

Examples per the Herald style guide are:

Polearm:
Defender's Cross (Hinder)
Executioner (Slow)
Defender's Courage (Slow)
Crippling Blow (Hinder)
Disabler (Slow)
Defender's Aegis (Hinder)

Crush:
Concussion (Slow)
Bone Crusher (Hinder)
Body Masher (Slow)

Slash:
Side Slicer (Hinder)

Thrust:
Wolftooth (Hinder)
Basiliskfang (Slow)
Wyvernfang (Hinder)

Hinder's Issue:
While both the target and attacker see the effect message, and the target gets an icon indicating that a hinder/snare effect is in place, the hinder simply has no movement reduction effect.

Slow's Problem:
While both the target and attacker see the effect message, and the target gets an icon indicating that a slow/attack speed reduction effect is in place, no real measurable effect is noticed. Perhaps this is due to the duration of the slow or the nature of 'real' RvR combat.

One can not expect the person to not be targetted by melee attacks immediately following the proc effect landing. Given the extremely short duration of these effects and the nature of melee combat Mythic should consider simply removing these procs and replace them as below:

Slow Replacement Suggestion: Add a new sound effect to the styles to make them more interesting. Suggestions include Wagner’s “Ride of the Valkyries” and Chumba Wumba’s “Tub Thumping”.

Hinder Replacement Suggestion: Replace these with new “emote procs”, which can be best described as having the opponent character turn to face the Armsman and animate an emote. Suggestions include /laugh, /rude, and a new /na-na-ne-boo-boo emote.

Slow weapons vs. PBT
Slow weapons have a hard time piercing PBT. Because of this I suggest that all Armsman characters be warned by their trainer to carry faster weapons.

Epic Armor
· Issue: Most Epic Armor suits are plagued with bonuses that exceed the caps. The Epic armor of the Armsman, when measured in a Spellcrafting context, is one of the weakest Epic Armor sets.
· Proposal: Add a feature that notifies armor crafters that an Armsman has just completed his/her quest for epic armor.

Realm Ability: Soldiers Barricade
· Issue: This RA appears to be just a weak version of the Cleric RA Bunker of Faith, abet one that achieves the results in a slightly different manner. As a result, very few Armsmen take this ability.
· Proposal: Albion has no morph RA. Some on the Vault have suggested that groups consisting entirely of Armsmen be able to transform/join into a single entity shaped like a giant cow. The group leader would be given the /moo feature while other group members/“body parts” could /tailswish as desired.
-----signature-----

Richard - 50th level Armsman (Nimue)
I cried as I dismantled it. It was not done in anger or with spite. I did then and still do believe that the best thing for the Sacred Order of Benowyc was its dissolution.

B

Belsameth

Epic Armor
· Issue: Most Epic Armor suits are plagued with bonuses that exceed the caps. The Epic armor of the Armsman, when measured in a Spellcrafting context, is one of the weakest Epic Armor sets.
· Proposal: Add a feature that notifies armor crafters that an Armsman has just completed his/her quest for epic armor.

ROFL!!!!

besides that, it's frightfully true :(

V

vestax

Originally posted by Aravis
· Issue: This RA appears to be just a weak version of the Cleric RA Bunker of Faith, abet one that achieves the results in a slightly different manner. As a result, very few Armsmen take this ability.
· Proposal: Albion has no morph RA. Some on the Vault have suggested that groups consisting entirely of Armsmen be able to transform/join into a single entity shaped like a giant cow. The group leader would be given the /moo feature while other group members/“body parts” could /tailswish as desired.

thats the funniest hing i have read all day :D

K

Kagato.

ok, our TL has finally been tipped over the edge....

funny as hell though, my only fear is that Mythic wont see the funny side and instead use it to discredit the TL and his suggestions as to the problems with melee in RvR.

O

old.LandShark

Melee no longer has a problem in RvR.

S

Sarum TheBlack

LMAO :clap:

I think you'd look good as a giant RP Cow's head Aravis ;)

K

klavrynd

since a warrior = armsman without plate armour, the ability to wield polearms nor thrusting weapons that kinda explains why there's no need for a warrior tl ...

R

Ragnarok1978

Ha ha ha, funny stuff.

You never know, it might actually work...

N

Novamir

on the VN boards if they want to post something funny they have to put [Humor] in brackets before it so it won't be deleted. how sux! and they can't even spell humour!

S

Sharma

sorry but THAT is absolute BS. excuse the pun.

single morph would be ok i guess but a group would fall apart instantly with everyone fighting for the /moo feature.

<visualises 3 giant cows zerging emain>
<falls off chair laughing>

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by Aravis
yep please change it to the EXTREMELY usefull 10 minute timer styles other tanks get :rolleyes:

O

old.LandShark

OK
Minstrel melee sucks....
Eldritch melee is worse though. I better not suggest minstrels' melee needs improving?

Sorry, what was your point again Eleas?

G

Gekul

That argument is not even remotely valid landshark, and you know it ;)

K

klavrynd

yep please change it to the EXTREMELY usefull 10 minute timer styles other tanks get

preferably : style does less damage when wearing plate armour to get on par with the uberduber zerk RA

A

Alrindel

The best part of the exchange was later in the thread:

bear_cat69 : you forgot the two-handed styles

TL : Eek!! I must have accidently cut out the part where I recommended that 2-Handed spec be totally removed and replaced with the ability to shoot lasers from your eyes.

Redie : What color lasers are we talking about here?

:ROFLMAO:

W

Whandall

Lol! That TL has gone mad

Hmm whats next then? Albion claims the moon and builds up a giant laser(of course theyd call it "deathstar" after that)?

R

Roo Stercogburn

This guy has a firm grasp of irony... he can't possibly be American can he?

I know nothing about Armsmen but the picture is fairly clear even to me :clap:

O

old.LandShark

Gekul: Eleas complained that the armsmen had better unique RA than all other pure tanks.
Well, true, but it's still bollocks...

And yes, yay for Schirf, he's a top bloke :p

F

Flimgoblin

Hey not fair - his mouldy biscuit is better than my mouse-eaten mouldy biscuit!

*watches enchanter, cleric and druid run past with their biscuit selection boxes*

Users who are viewing this thread