My thanks to Krolllka

B

Brannor McThife

Krolllka, I don't know who that hammer style was aim at, sure as hell couldn't have been me. I don't use hammers. On another day, my slam could've landed, and then you were dead. However, that isn't the point.

The point is, there should not be one class, that can kill 95% of an enemy realm with impunity. That is simply not balance. Remember, I have an infil. I KNOW how to kill warriors too. I have done it myself. It has been clearly shown in Albion that there are numerous infiltrators now, as well as SBs in Midgard. Midgard could end up being a whole army of SBs running around with a whole lot of buffbot shammies sitting in the PKs.

Back in Midgard, outside Jordheim, you'll find all the chainmail suits of warriors that simply couldn't give a rats ass about a game, that simply was no longer fun because they couldn't do what the class is supposed to be. Fight. Assassins were meant to get in, stab and kill something quick, and then high tail it. Not go toe-to-toe with the toughest opponent in another realm and walk away without a scratch.

Before you say I'm whining, think about it. Sure, 1.52 is supposed to make melee good, but, should it fail to deter infiltrators from freely killing warriors, my time here will rapidly end. As I said before, I have an infil, and I hate the fact that I can take him out into the frontier, look for any yellow-con thane/warrior and go take him apart (probably use kiting) without too much concern. The class is overpowerred. It's as simple as that, go ahead, whine at me for saying "nerf infiltrators", it would sure as hell be better than making a change to all the other classes to counter them. Infiltrators are a beautifully crafted class, they're just too perfect.

I love Pwyiw, but he will NEVER become my main character while the imbalance exists.

-G

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Krolllka, I don't know who that hammer style was aim at, sure as hell couldn't have been me. I don't use hammers. On another day, my slam could've landed, and then you were dead. However, that isn't the point.
The point is, there should not be one class, that can kill 95% of an enemy realm with impunity. That is simply not balance.

Aye. And that was possible too - but i love to gamble ;)
And i wont call impunity typing /release, though i needed quick trip to sauvage at the moment.
As for hammer bit - my mistake and apologises.

Remember, I have an infil. I KNOW how to kill warriors too. I have done it myself. It has been clearly shown in Albion that there are numerous infiltrators now, as well as SBs in Midgard. Midgard could end up being a whole army of SBs running around with a whole lot of buffbot shammies sitting in the PKs.
Been once to your PK, and seen the named army :) And there is army of sbs already - you cannot walk amg-apk without catching some stealthiers in your target window.

Back in Midgard, outside Jordheim, you'll find all the chainmail suits of warriors that simply couldn't give a rats ass about a game, that simply was no longer fun because they couldn't do what the class is supposed to be. Fight. Assassins were meant to get in, stab and kill something quick, and then high tail it. Not go toe-to-toe with the toughest opponent in another realm and walk away without a scratch.
Well, here i have other point of view - infantry soldier have not much chance fighting one on one with spetsnaz member. And assasins are effectivly those in daoc.

Before you say I'm whining, think about it. Sure, 1.52 is supposed to make melee good, but, should it fail to deter infiltrators from freely killing warriors, my time here will rapidly end. As I said before, I have an infil, and I hate the fact that I can take him out into the frontier, look for any yellow-con thane/warrior and go take him apart (probably use kiting) without too much concern.
I assume that 1.52-53 changes will make pure tanks the overpowered class type of daoc, just like mages are now.
Well, i may have the class which excells in one-on-one combat, but daoc is not game which is about it. More its about mass ecounters and here i play a role of suicide bomber - jumping CC/casters with little to none life expectancy after assasination be it even successful. And for a change log on excalibur and look at deathspam Qte produces :) I really doubt that all sneaks on prydwen able to provide list that long in the same timeframe.

The class is overpowerred. It's as simple as that, go ahead, whine at me for saying "nerf infiltrators", it would sure as hell be better than making a change to all the other classes to counter them. Infiltrators are a beautifully crafted class, they're just too perfect.

I love Pwyiw, but he will NEVER become my main character while the imbalance exists.
-G
More like powerful, but not overpowered. Overpowered in my opinion - ability to field a force much smaller in numbers which will decimate greater force via sneer use of class abilities provided and requires advanced tactics to be countered.
Example of such is healer/spiritmaster combo on patch 1.52+, mentalist/enchanter as of patch 1.51 and assasin group as of now (though it mostly relates to ninja keep-takes).

PS. Just digged forum a bit. Seems you stated that it was the mind-numbing-boring-and-slow-as-hell exp past 40 in albion for rogue which drove you away, not uberness of class.
Did a bit of statistic research, indeed very many rogues in albion quit in early 40ies due to the extremly difficult leveling/other reasons. Seems here Mystic balanced boredom-time-invested with reward factor.

O

old.mattshanes

Brannor try the template i told you if things dont go well.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Kerram Darktyde
Tanks are melee so no-one should be better than a tank at melee..

tanks take damage, they aren't the gods of melee. proof of this is when you see 6 people hitting on a tank, and it takes a good 10 seconds for him to die, 6 people on an assasin and they die before you blink

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Meatballs

tanks take damage, they aren't the gods of melee. proof of this is when you see 6 people hitting on a tank, and it takes a good 10 seconds for him to die, 6 people on an assasin and they die before you blink

explain the pole armsman then ? can take dmg and kill in 2-3 hits :D seems like a melee tank to me

O

old.willowywicca

Originally posted by Meatballs

no, a wall is what takes a lot of punishment before crumbling without being able to put up a fight, a tank should be able to hit back hard too

K

Kerram Darktyde

Loads of People stop Characters when they his the 40 wall not just assassins..

But what the Assassins do not realise is that the more of them there are the more Zerg-esque groups will be formed..

So RA's/Rp's Farming and Assassins are what imho cause Zergs.

I like Mass combats, Though i usually die in Seconds :)

There are times and places you can go for smaller fights.

Maybe adding a Audio portion to Stealth or Increase the Visible Circle.. as is if a Stealther has close to or over 50 stealth they are almost totally invisible at anyrange to all non Stealthers??

S

Solid

Before anyone starts complaining, you should do your research.

1. Assasin Poisons will be assigned to Body Resist table in 1.53 (Possibly 1.52)
2. Large Shields can effectively take 3 weapons attacking them without loss of Block chance (Dual Wielder = 2 weapons so no loss there) tho Parry chance IS divided by the number of weapons attacking you
3. Pure Melee get super cheap RA in US meaning IP, Purge, Determination, AoM, Mastery of Blocking/Parrying, Aug COn, Dex, MoP all for the cost it takes a Hybrid tank to get IP and Purge alone.
3. Boosted Block/Parry rates means 1v1 encounters will be easy as pie for most Shield spec warriors
4. New Armour resist tables mean Penalties and Bonuses are 10% and not 15% as in this current patch.

Downside - 5. Whilst there is an innate bonus to hit for being grouped in RvR, there is no bonus to defence so any warrior tanking a meleer thats grouped with 7 others has 1/8th the effective blobk/parry chance, making his/her defensive skills useless. Many US players are pushing for a group based bonus to defensive skills to counter the group based bonus to offence.

All in all Brannor, I dont think you will be wincing too much post patch, especially when you respec to 50 Axe, 50 Shield :D

Some helpful hints to warriors

a. Get a WoW Large Shield, THE BEST SHIELD IN GAME
b. Get a fastish 1H weapon to pull off reactionary styles
c. Try opening from Side or Back position as the Evade/Block/Parry arc is the frontal 120 degrees
d. Get a weapon with 35% Enchantment bonus, aka Legion/Dragon/Arcanium as this is a massive factor in hitting people inj Epic armour

Hope these help

A

agraucred

didnt read the whole post, but havnt you noticed that all the other people that owned you are casters (yes i count the cleric as a caster, was probably a smiter with there stun)? you know... the ones that have a long range that you dont, and tend to have a blade turn just incase you do live long enough to make one last effort to swing your sword and do some damage...

D

Desdecado-Seven

All above made interesting reading. I am a stealther (well a scout anyway). Games ebb and flow, hopefully the waves get smaller and we acheive a balanced play. Cant say as we seem to be near that in europe (or usa?). People gravitate towards 'Uber' Classes, and then complain when they cease to be 'Uber'. A good player of pretty much any class can win in the correct circumstances.

I've killed plenty of SB's (isnt TS nice), they've killed me lots more tho..4 poisons stacked in 4 seconds. Ouch.

I would say i have been mezzed/stunned more than poisoned, and killed by tanks the least. Mind you, most tanks dont chase me down at speed, zap / shoot me from 2300 range.

Personally i am looking forwards to boosts to tank classes, maybe then I wont find my self at the forefront of sudden melee wondering where are the melee specs ran off to. I would sure like some resists that work, to mez and poison, and Nearsight is just plain wrong. Oh and at the last MMG defense i did, shot 11 different mids, everyone had BT of some kind.

I hate the fact u can take an assasin to 20% health, they can leg it and dissapear at 2 paces. They know TS lasts 60 seconds, so run for 60. I hate see hidden (poor minstrels).

Regardless of all the above, I still dont think any class should be nerfed, strong classes should be balanced down a little, weak classes should be lifted up. This constant mass counters (take the impacts on archers for example) tends to go too far.

However the fact Krolllka kicked some poor tanks backside means only one thing to me, goody Rps for the guild.

----------------

Desdecado (often dead scout)
lvl 50, Prydwen
www.the30.org.uk

Users who are viewing this thread