My syndicate is looking for a new member

Chilly

Balls of steel
If advertising for jobs or gambling offend you, do not read on.

My sports betting syndicate has been operating profitably for about 2.5 years now. We're in a pretty big expansion phase right now and our turnover and profits are growing. There's me (techie) and my partner Mark who is a stats/probability/sports guy. We make money with a combination of cutting edge stats, probability and sweet technology.

There's too much work for just me and we're looking for someone who's up for joining the syndicate for lots of tax free earnings and interesting technical work. We're in London, and the person we're looking for needs to be in London, too. If you're interested, give me a shout. If you know someone who might be, hook us up and I'll pay a finders fee for the right person. This is not a 9-5 desk job with bupa and a gym membership. This is joining a sports betting syndicate where money is at risk, very interesting work is done and very high profits can be made.

/edit - forgot to mention what the work actually is! We need a full stack developer who is comfortable learning new stuff and getting stuck in to all sorts of different development work.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Dammit Chilly. Find me something I can do for for once. If you need SharePoint or Dynamics CRM give me a yell.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sounds extremely interesting. Good luck in your search, wish you all the very best in your dollah accumulations!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'll join, although I can't put any money in, I'll earn that in time though I'd imagine, and I'll inform you when the matches are.

There's some tomorrow.

Cheers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I would join if you want to make sure I on 100k a year and I do t have to develop as I shit at coding lol

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
After reading this thread, I hope you're casting your net wider than FH. :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
After reading this thread, I hope you're casting your net wider than FH. :)
FH is one of the last places I've been looking. I assumed, since this is a gaming forum, that at least some of you are professional coders or know people who are who might be up for it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am neither a coder nor brave enough to do a job like that.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I bet you don't get any takers.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Pretty sure I saw a post about reddit for this :p

Chilly

Balls of steel
Pretty sure I saw a post about reddit for this :p
;)

I've been spamming everywhere. All it takes is one solid guy out of 100 assholes to notice it and give me a shout.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So you thought you get your asshole count up by posting here. Lol

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
bugger me, I can do that shit. ask me again next year chum. got degree and Japan coming up.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You get extras with a TdC too, bargain!

TdC

I bring many delights to the table. that said, waiting a year isn't really Chilly's style. It's cool though. Also, programming isn't my day job; I'm a systems integrator.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The opportunity cost of waiting a year is probably hundreds of thousands of pounds. F that right in the A.

TdC

when I'm done I'll do your business metrics and stuff. we'll talk :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Pffft bloody fancy talking bunch of nerds.

Get your arse's down the bloody pit :eek:

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Get your arse's down the bloody pit :eek:

You mean the trading pits right? No thanks, I've seen those. Lots of loud angry people, shouting and waving their hands around. Us nerds will stick to our solitary garage offices tyvm! :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So overall, what odds did you give yourself when posting this proposal that all this ^ wouldn't happen? :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Would you consider taking on a junior as well? I am a SQL/ETL developer looking for work in London and looking to move towards c#. Got an offer on the table from a leading provider of trading platforms for derivatives traders ATM but I have my reservations. Obviously not sure how much DB work there is involved in what you do.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Would you consider taking on a junior as well? I am a SQL/ETL developer looking for work in London and looking to move towards c#. Got an offer on the table from a leading provider of trading platforms for derivatives traders ATM but I have my reservations. Obviously not sure how much DB work there is involved in what you do.
Where are you? Want a pint to discuss this week coming?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Living in Winchester but gf is in Dulwich and I'll be up there this weekend.

Chilly

Balls of steel
And to answer your question regarding SQL: we have a rather large database, hundreds of millions of rows of bet data. We're also looking to start recording every price move on the betfair exchange quite soon - that'll require some nosql type storage, though, due to vast volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom