Pie 30

Hits 88

Body 28 Matter 26 Cold 24
Energy 26 Spirit 26 Heat 25
Crush 26 Slash 26 Thrust 26

Hammer +11
Shield +11
Parry +11

This is my bon with all items including armour and one handed hammer and shield.
Its a shame that there is no way i could lower body with 2 and just get cap in it :)

Z

ztyx

How boring! remove SC or make it worse in 1.6x

S

Solid

Why +Qui? I assume ur a Thane from the +Pie.

I shall also assume you think its gonan be easy to get hold of all Masterpiece Chain Armour and have the necessary 20-25 Plats to pay for it?

I did a setup based on 3 MP pieces and 3 99% Pieces, MP hammer and shield. to have a look at my setup go to Prydwen Midgard board.

It has all resists 25% or higher (Cept Energy), +200 hits, +75 Str/COn/Dex/Pie +0 Qui +11 Hammer/Shield, +5 Parry

+Qui is something I am not too fussed with at all, it lowers my Style damage without equally scaling down End cost so u still run out of End as quickly but do less Style damage (sure ur Base damage doesnt get effected by Qui, but how often u fight with No End?)

We Thanes dont have Evade 1 so +Qui onyl serves to speed up our Weapon Swing.

I opt for capping Piety as it DOES increase your damage on Even cons considerably

N

noaim

The bastard already have the items :)

Damn you Thg, gifv ;)

T

Thg Gork

I will considering lowering qui boost hit points and pie then thought qui gave me same dmg but faster when hiting with hammer

S

Solid

+Qui gives same base damage but scaled down Style damage. over a long time you will hit for slightly more damage over time, but your frontloaded damage is decreased. Also cos end cost stats same, u do less style damage for same end cost and run out of end much faster, not good.

A

AbPoon

thg is a ninja, he needs quick for his back flips in combat.

A

Arnor

To see the impact quickness has on frontloaded dmg, hit a mob once with a style, then get someone to buff your quick alot, then hit again.

I do like 100 less dmg pr hit with quick fully buffed and celerity

H

hjalthor

Could someone post a link where this are told by Mytic, all I can find are this

Question
<->How do haste spells work?<->

Answer
*-*You swing more often. Bear in mind that everyone has a melee damage range, and that the number of points of inflicted damage can vary anywhere in that range. (Your range depends on factors such as specialization points, other stat buffs, enhancing items, your natural stats, etc.)*-*

If I understand u all correct all a haste/quick/celerity buff does are making u do less dmg?
Not what the answer says?

A

Archeon

Originally posted by hjalthor
If I understand u all correct all a haste/quick/celerity buff does are making u do less dmg?
Not what the answer says?

Their saying (unless i missed somthing) that +Qui with lower your style dmg but not your base dmg.

But haste and celerlity don't increase your Qui, so i don't think style dmg is effected by it. as for buffs that increase Qui... well i dunno, i'd assume they have the same effect as +qui items but i don't know for sure.

T

Thg Gork

I thought higher qui would let me hit for same dmg but faster so dmg per sec would be higher but alot of you say diffrent so i guess i just have to try it in the field imbue a item with max qui and see dmg.

S

Spix

Taken from hunter faq
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=37977780&replies=2
Check point 7.

1. QUI affects both melee and ranged weapons in the same manner.
2. QUI gives a proportional reduction to the delay of ranged and melee weapons.
3. The cap of delay reduction is not based upon base/starting QUI anymore.
4. The absolute lowest a delay a weapon can be reduced to is 1.5 seconds. It is not a fixed proportion of the original delay.
5. The damage per hit is based purely upon the base DPS and base delay, NOT the modified delay via QUI. QUI will speed up the rate of hits, but NOT reduce the damage per hit. Hence, QUI raises the damage output over time.
6. According to Dave Rickey, there is a "slow weapon bonus" to damage. Between 2.0 and 6.0 delay, this adds up to "a few percentage points". Any reduction in damage per hit is solely based upon the reduction of this bonus, and not the DPS which is based only off weapon delay.
7. Styles however, are effectively a constant DPS buff, and QUI does not increase the damage received from styles. If you swing faster, you will style for less damage per hit. See question #30 for more informatio on how styles operate.

Hunter Spix

O

old.Krusha

thats why alot US zerks are troll and -no- Qui items ..very frontloaded dmg :) (35 qui base at creation ;)) thats why assassins hits so hard.. LA (goes for Zerks too) takes the average speed of both axes without adjusting the dmg for the swingtime .. CS styles isnt affected by QUI/haste buffs either hence swing faster at same dmg...

T

Thg Gork

If thats true i go for more qui because the most importent thing with styles isent the extra dmg even do its good its the stun slow etc effects you get. As most would agree a stunned target is a dead target.

O

old.rauthian

some of us allready have mp chain and epons rdy its mazing what u can do if u think ahead i am missing only mp chest for full set but will soon get that but at the moment my funds are aimed at being first in european realm to max a crafft skill but as im 100% self financed its getting harder for a skill stuck o 1156 tailering for 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread