my overclockers experience

- English -

Resident Freddy
I know many of you will say "ive never had any problems with them etc" But I wanna tell you about my current situation with them and where I stand with stuff, & if any of you can offer advice it would be appreciated.

On the 1st sept I filled in an RMA receipt because my Hard drive which cost £170 around 10 months ago wouldnt boot up ( was 1 of the ethernet ones 1TB), anyway I go on holiday for 2 weeks and while im there i checked my emails to find it has been rejected (because i didnt put the power plug in with it) anyway I was pissed off enough cos it cost me £8 to post because its quite heavy.

When I got back from holiday i checked my bank account and found £-22.50 had been taken by overclockers to cover 2x deliveries were noone had been in to receive the package. Even though my address on overclockers was my HOME address and in with the package i left a letter confirming to post to my home address and giving the details along with what the problem with the HD is etc etc.

I checked the online tracking thingy to see it had been delivered twice to my old address and noone was in to answer at my University address (the one i ordered it at).. so basically they had looked where i ordered it and resent it there not the one which has the RMA address or account address or the letter address.

After emailing them about 10 times (not exagrating) I got an email back from the manager saying

"Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, your assumption that we have power adaptors for all of the different items that we sell was incorrect. We ask in the e-mail (terms and conditions) that we send you when we issue an RMA to return the product as a whole. It also states in this e-mail that you will be charged a handling fee and return shipping if the product is damaged/incomplete/not faulty.

Unfortunately, it seems that the letter that you included in the parcel had been missed, this is an oversight on our part for which I apologise.

Please provide me with your correct postal details and I will locate the drive and have it returned to yourself.

Regards,

Daniel Worrall
Technical Manager
Overclockers UK"

Which is fair enough except the bit ive highlighted because i think its totally unfair to be charged for this when its their fault. I emailed him straight away and once again gave him the correct address.

The next day I got an email saying it had been rejected again & has been delivered back. So i check the tracking thingy and to my horror its been delivered at the WRONG address again.. only this time someone has been in and received my parcel.. and could be looking on it. It has some personal things on & if they can get it to boot up they could be looking through it - although alot of it is corrupted files & noouse.

So basically im minus 30 odd quid and a hard drive. Its been about 6 weeks since I sent it. Their customer service is appauling. I havent phoned up yet cos its 10p a min on landland so probably about £1 a min on mobile. Ive emailed the manager again but I wont get a reply for another 2 weeks. Ive emailed them demanding to sort the mess out but im not hopeful.

Can any1 advise what I can do? ;s

Thanks

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Can you not ask the bank to claim the -22.50 for you?

I've used Overclockers a lot and there RMA a few times, never had an issue getting an item but there RMA system is disgusting. I had the same model of Hard drive DOA on me 2 times, they wouldn't offer me a refund as they kept logging the issue as 'click of death' when it wasn't... so they couldnt find a problem. I got the bank to claim the payment back, as I sent Barclays a copy of the Special Delivery notice saying I sent the item back.

You might be better to send them a letter, ask that managers boss' name and explain you want a full refund.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Mail them a letter (per email and regular postage) explaining in neat and tidy English in detail what happened so far from the beginning That means from the point on where you noticed the product didn't work anymore. Include a short excerpt of every email you sent, and all the emails they replied (with exact dates). Include a summarization of all the items included in the parcel. Also, don't forget explaining that Overclockers is probably the only company where RMA's have to have everything included, especially since most companies deliberately don't want things like adaptors included because you generally don't get those back. Notify them that you expect a full refund of product cost and postage costs since their mistake both delivered the product to the wrong address twice, which isn't your mistake, and finally delivered the product to another wrong address at which it was accepted, which also isn't your mistake, resulting in leaving you not only without said product, but also with deducted funds for non-delivered services.

Finally, explain that if you don't hear from them within 72 hours after postage, this letter will be sent to any and all consumer's rights organizations you can find.

P.S. State in the email that a copy will be sent by postage, and state in the postage letter that a copy /has/ been sent by email.

Place all your information in the header, that means

Full name (incl. initials)
Address
Postal code / City

Telephone №.
Mobile phone №

Bank account № from which the funds were deducted and to which you expect a refund to be deposited.

Customer №
Order №
RMA №

The consumer's rights thing generally gets companies really working for you, especially with a case full of their mistakes like this.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I got my last PC from Overclockers.

I sent back a motherboard that had a bent pin on the processor socket. After a week I got it back, it had thermal paste on the socket and they said I must have put it there and bent the pin in the process and it was my fault. As no paste had gone anywhere from me it must have got there at another point.

Then the processor wouldn't read the temps correctly, a common problem that can really screw your overclocking up. Again, I didn't want to send it back as I knew the outcome but I did. But after 3 weeks, I got it back with no fault found and everything was fine according to them.

They will take your money, but have a problem and they don't seem to care.

My advice, don't buy from them.

I had a different experience a few years back buying from CCL in Bradford. I bought a hard disk over the counter, when I got it home it didn't work. It just made some whiring and banging noises. So I took it back and they exchanged it no questions asked. Thats the sort of customer service you want.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
You were charged a handling fee becuase the product wasn't returned in full (usually 10%?)

If you bought one of those samsung's then you need to do a full format the first time you use it then it is fine after that

I can't say i have had any issues with them personally, most my RMA's are turned around in a week or so :p

Fast

Part of the furniture
They have a number of patronising members of staff. Like the cock who works the desk now, dare to question a product and he takes it as a personal attack. IT doesn't matter how many times you say sir either!!! grrr

I much prefer the American way of customer service, where they undertand its actually part of business and try to assist you as much possible to keep your future trade.

/rant off

Chronictank

FH is my second home
They have a number of patronising members of staff. Like the cock who works the desk now, dare to question a product and he takes it as a personal attack. IT doesn't matter how many times you say sir either!!! grrr

I much prefer the American way of customer service, where they undertand its actually part of business and try to assist you as much possible to keep your future trade.

/rant off
I would e-mail the complaints dept really, if people don't then nothing will happen

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You will find this with a hell of a lot of UK companies though, customer service went out the window years ago. All they see is the numbers, not the customers.

Personally not had a problem with overclockers, though I don't really use them very often.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Overclockers have had terrible customer support for years sadly, I had some major issues with them over a faulty memory module about 6 years ago and it took nearly 2 months to resolve during which I made dozens of phonecalls and sent a few letters of complaint. Oddly enough though I do still order from them, not as much as before but they occasionally have some superb special offers on.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Never used them but knowing my luck I'd get the same treatment. Though I did by my partner a laptop from saverstore.com a couple of years back. Supposed to have 1Gb RAM, only had 768Mb. Emailed saverstore, they replied saying I need to get in touch with the manufacturer as it is a hardware issue. I got in touch with the manufacturer and explained the situation, they told me they would change the laptop but I would need the saverstore order number and the serial on the laptop.

Gave them the order number from the confirmation email and the serial number and they said both came back as unrecognised. I phoned saverstore and got bumped from dept to dept, after 45 mintues and having explained the problem no less than 6 times I was told that their records are intact and that Siemens only need to contact them to confirm it. Anyway, long story short. 4 months of phone calls and emails and shouting at obnoxious customer service dickheads and it still wasn't resolved. So I sent a letter explaining everything to several comsumer rights companies and lo and behold, 3 weeks later a shiny new laptop arrived at my door.

It's well worth writing to consumer rights as no company wants the bad reputation these watchdogs can give them.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
No reason to use them, they are never the cheapest and if anything goes wrong you are bascially screwed.

Their site is nice for finding what you need but I always go somewhere else to buy.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Dear Sir,

I apologise for the mix-up that has occurred. It appears that the re-shipment of your returned drive happened prior to me being able to amend your shipping address on the RMA.

Unfortunately, as it is our mistake that we have shipped your item to the incorrect address, and we do not offer any similar product (we have no 1TB NAS devices in stock) I can only offer to refund the product for you.

Again, I offer my apologies and ask that you acknowledge that this is an acceptable solution.

Regards,

Daniel Worrall
Technical Manager
Overclockers UK

cheers for the help guys

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Good to see they did the right thing, I am a bit more likely to order from them in future now.

Corran

Part of the furniture
i hope they also refunding the shipping costs

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
webhallen is the best, bought a gfx that required more power than my comp had, went back, got a new powersupply for 600 SEK for free. Sure the gfx cost at the time was 5000. And they always got fast delivery..

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i hope they also refunding the shipping costs

This ^. Unless they are giving you a full refund plus shipping costs and charges they levied against you, plus compensation for compromising your personal data, then do not accept their offer.

Lethul

FH is my second home
webhallen is the best, bought a gfx that required more power than my comp had, went back, got a new powersupply for 600 SEK for free. Sure the gfx cost at the time was 5000. And they always got fast delivery..

I have the opposite thought about webhallen :) Wouldn't advice anyone to buy anything there.
Thank god for Dustin :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I have the opposite thought about webhallen :) Wouldn't advice anyone to buy anything there.
Thank god for Dustin :)
Bought a HD Widescreen at webhallen a few months ago, the "shell" was cracked, called them up they asked me to send it back, took around 8 days from sending it back to recive a new one.

What was your problem?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
not as much as before but they occasionally have some superb special offers on.

thats how they keep their customers comming back. tho chances are theres some really dodgy shit going on with those offers...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
thats how they keep their customers comming back. tho chances are theres some really dodgy shit going on with those offers...

Ctuchik do you do anything but speculate? You never seem to have any facts to back up your bold claims.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Its called bulk buying at a discount from a supplier and passing on a percentage of the discount, they shift more units and still make the same if not more in terms of turnover.

Most special offers will be put on when they have managed to secure cheaper stock, or when they have ordered to much stock.

- English -

Resident Freddy
This ^. Unless they are giving you a full refund plus shipping costs and charges they levied against you, plus compensation for compromising your personal data, then do not accept their offer.

I have asked them to refund the delivery charges aswell. Not sure about the compensation bit & where / what it would stand for lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom