My new home, hello all!

H

Hufner

Yup, here's another "Let's see how this turns out" person...

/em feels hungry after so much green :m00:

S

SFXman

Hehe.... I see familiar faces popping up now. But I must say the IGN boards are very confusing and don't offer much for the EU community, just one board per server.
Here I feel at home!

D

dozigden

You know what I've just noticed that gets it plus points here in my book?

The time is in GMT *smirk*

T

Tiwaz

Hehe! I allready feel at home here:D

Some old names pops up, and the green colour reminds me of Myrkwood Forest ;)

Cya around...

S

SFXman

Tiwaz, a guy in my class uses that nick aswell, but this is in Finland. I was shocked when I saw your name here, hehe.
I sure feel at home here.... find posting much more fun for some damn reason, IT'S THE GREEN COLOR! OMG IT HAS GOT MEEEEEEEEEEEE......... I... Cannot.....get...out....of...its....grasp.... *ungh*

B

Brinx

Originally posted by Dozigden
Brannor,
Nice to see you here, I think were all in that "well I'll have a look and see how it works out" stage now. Theres lots here different, some I like some I really dislike.

Some clarification of the mod situation would be nice.

From the GOA board yesterday:

Posted by Trebz
There are no links between BW usernames and game accounts. Because the BW forum is a fansite and not a site run by GOA, posts that are more inflamatory to GOA et all will be tolerated within reason. The forum is for opinions, if those opinions are within the acceptable bounds of common decency then I see no reason for them to be removed.

So as long as the critisism is relatively constructive, ie not just random swearing and shouting or general abuse, there shouldn't be a problem.

As for myself, I've been playing since US Beta 3 but had to stop being in game recently due to RSI problems (playing two keyboards is bad :) ) I work for neither BW, GOA or any associated parties.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

S

SFXman

Ah sure Brinx we'll behave ourselves. Trust me :)
I for one have found the mods to be quite nice here, but is Kemor still a mod here, it does say so.

B

Brinx

As far as I know, Kemor's mod status has always been for officiality (in that when he posts about the game, server status etc) so people do know that it's really him. I'm sure he's a busy guy so probably doesn't have the time to do tidying here anyway :)

So yes, he has mod status but it's more for feedback identity reasons than to do mod work, and to reiterate Trebz, there's no reason for GOA critisism to be deleted as long as it's done in a reasonably decent manner.

D

dozigden

Thanks Brinx,

That sort of answers my question yeah - I presume really that kemor and co wont be doing that much actual 'mod'ing - after all the have another job to do - I would guess its more of an official recognition of their status relating to the game.

What I've been hinting after was I wondered if any of the old mods from the goa boards would be offered mod status here, of any of us they got the worst deal.

BUT

I fully understand that this isnt our old community moved somewhere else - its another community (albeit smaller) that is taking us in, and I wouldnt want people to feel anyone is treading on their toes.

S

SFXman

What I've been hinting after was I wondered if any of the old mods from the goa boards would be offered mod status here, of any of us they got the worst deal.

BUT

I fully understand that this isnt our old community moved somewhere else - its another community (albeit smaller) that is taking us in, and I wouldnt want people to feel anyone is treading on their toes.
Yes, some mods at the GOA forums were great and maybe some could become some sort of mods here.
About the other part, didn't GOA ask BW to be like the "main" unofficial forum and BW said yes. I suppose this community will grow much larger and become close to the official one which will be no more the end of this month :mad:

T

Trebz

It is quite possible that some of the old GOA mods will come over here to moderate, that is their choice however but BW would be fine with this. Obviously theres no point having hundreds of moderators when the forum isnt too busy. Let's see how it all develops.

S

SFXman

Seems like I am making this forum quite busy :D but no moderation needed in my posts unless I get seriously furious for some reason, hehe. :)

D

dozigden

<Doz sits down and waits patiently>

Well the quick responses here continue to suprise me, whats next I wonder?

S

SFXman

Well the quick responses here continue to suprise me, whats next I wonder?
Whose quick responses? Not mine are they? Trebz's?

T

Trebz

For my next trick I will be pulling a bunny from a tophat!

S

SFXman

I...I will.... I will post.... a few more posts! BTW the General Discussion page looks funny with SFXman being the last poster quite a few times :D
I don't know why but I love posting on these forums!

S

SFXman

Well so are you, hehe! No you aint but anyhoo. I just joined so I gotta take part in the threads I have not seen before :D

O

old.Spiritwolf

Lets hope more people migrate from the 'official' forums to here, and also grow to love posting here...

I'm even getting used to the green now, it's the rest of the world that looks drab when I turn away from my monitor :p

W

Wij

He'll never catch me. I was filling boards with my name when you were filling nappies laddie :)

O

old.Spiritwolf

Now thats a gruesome thought :puke:

(SFXman filling nappies that is)

S

SFXman

Now thats a gruesome thought

(SFXman filling nappies that is)
I must agree although I am watching after my sister now and she is still in the nappie stage so.... but I am not the one doing the filling don't get me wrong! :D

O

old.Spiritwolf

Ah, babies...

The only thing I can think of that beats the Middies at being scary

S

SFXman

Hehe, well the middies will get what they deserve as soon as we have more level 50's... but then again they'll probably have more :flame:

O

old.Spiritwolf

I am sooo looking forward to payback time ;)

S

SFXman

Yeh, I will try level my scout fast (if school gives way :D ) and then will hopefully get to snipe those smirks of midgard faces!

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Well, looks like I'll be joining you all in the land of the green and the green.

Howdy all.

Trine

D

Damini

Ugh! Whats wrong with this page?!?! For those old skool uo users out there, I feel vaguely like I've died...

Everyone else will just be a bit confused by that. Infact, if I'm the only person seeing what Im seeing, then EVERYONE will be confused by that. Chances are, you are. Or maybe I am.

Brinx, your avatar looks a tad sinister. Is it a dead cat?

Hello all the refugees.

I'm not linear. You will adjust.

Damini xxx

S

SFXman

Ugh! Whats wrong with this page?!?! For those old skool uo users out there, I feel vaguely like I've died...
Hahahahhha....
Anyway...
I was wondering the exact same about Brinxs' sig, weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom