My Minstrel spec. ideas?

C

chimaira

45 Instruments- Best AoE mez, lacking mana regen5 and best ablative chant

35 stealth. gives 46 at rr1. and rr5 for 50 stealth

Slash 33 gives amethyst slash. and decent Weaponskill.

0 Leftover spec points(wohoo)

Ideas?

Edit: this minstrel going for solo hunts

O

old.Bubble

Solo RvRing?

29 Slash 30 Stealth 50 Instruments?
Buy IP and AP3 asap

O

old.Bubble

grouped RvRing

Auto train and get 50 slash 44 instruments :)

O

old.Bubble

ignore me as i know f all about mincers tbh so i shouldn't advise you, you should know next patch mincers get Stronger DD's in there instruments line, 50 instru is viable

C

chimaira

Originally posted by old.Bubble
ignore me as i know f all about mincers tbh so i shouldn't advise you, you should know next patch mincers get Stronger DD's in there instruments line, 50 instru is viable

Heard that to, but how important is it really? mana drain is sickening afaik.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

For a solo minstrel I'd go 50/30/30 (lovely numbers!) and then I'd get myself a buffbot ¬¬

M

mincepie

Thats my spec - or has been for the last week or so. I was 50/30/30. Noticed a _slightly_ higher increased resist on lower dd. Can now stealth and keep up with high stealth infis etc. Haven't been uncovered by a non stealther since respec. SBs etc still see you but perhaps at a slightly closer range.... Need to test more.

C

chimaira

ahh so u respecced FROM 30 30 50 and are now 45 35 3x? :D

C

carp-

44inst 42slash 25 stealth i have no problems soloing

A

AramusM

Im happy with my 50/34/26 spec. As i want to be more of a pet mincer i only put stealth up high enough for climb wall. duoing with an ellyll hero when im fully buffed is great fun in hadrians. havent used them for a while though as they a bitch to charm and keep charmed.

W

Wibbler2

50 Instruments
29 Slash
32 Stealth (respecced and autotrained at 48 for an extra 12 points)
0 points left over

:)

N

Nivellen

You have to definitly get stealth as a mincer! Whenever you get bored you can go into stealth teams and stealth mez :flame: and pretty much own anything - lots of fun.

Many hibs and mids complain that albion stealther teams are overpowered in RvR - which I hope is true, cause other than that Albion is having some troubles RvRing since so many classses are need to run a good RvR group while in hib/mid you need less "specific" classes to have a balanced group.

O

old.Bubble

ask Steveirwin his spec

Hes the best solo mincer i have seen

D

Danya

I'd got 50/30/30 or similar. Top abla and new top shout too good to miss. Also 50 slash is really not worth it as minstrel - you can;t spare the end for diamond slash anyway and the damage increase isn't that good. If you wanted high slash/no stealth autotrained 50 ins/44 slash (and use enrage/sapph) is a better bet.

S

sarisir

Hi, here's an alternative spec. I'm thrust tho, but hear me out.

I'm 39 thrust, 18 stealth, 50 instruments. And that enables me to get basselisk fang, which is a side hit with snare and high dmg. What I do when I solo rvr, is I get close to the target, stun and quickly go to the side and give the target a few quick ones with basselisk fang, that snares them so you know they wont run off that easily, and then I just dd and hit the crap out of them, works like a charm :)

But as goes for stealth, I lack a bit compared to the previously suggested specs, but I have found its not that big of a deal, unless you wanna camp alot at milegates. I've been in stealther grps too, with great success. My stealth atm is 18+14 from realm ranks. And for pve, I have basselisk fang as a great assist hit and I can easily chain yellows without using styles cuz of the high ablative.

just me 2c

I

ilum

I would spec a minstrel 50 instruments 39 thrust 18 (21 with autotrain) stealth.

E

evinacryonme

50 inst, 29 slash, 31 stealth, RR5. BB 4 teh win from now on.
Evina Eagle Knight :p

D

Danya

Basilisk fang isn't a snare, it's an attack speed debuff. And style snares break on damage so they can run off easily enough if they want to.

I wouldn;t go less than 25 stealth as minstrel cos wall climbing is fun. ;)

S

sarisir

Originally posted by Danya
Basilisk fang isn't a snare, it's an attack speed debuff. And style snares break on damage so they can run off easily enough if they want to.

I wouldn;t go less than 25 stealth as minstrel cos wall climbing is fun. ;)

I believe you're right, my bad... just always thought it had snare... ah well, doesn't change the fact that they go down quite easy.

wall climb is good and fun yeah, had that in my first spec. But you can live without it when it enables you to do more dmg.

U

umilard

Personally i like my spec with 50instrument, 31stealth, 29thrust.. Having high thrust isn't worth it imo. Can't really talk about slash since i've always been a thruster but i don't see the reason for speccing slash higher than 29 unless you WANT people to find you while stealthed ;)

I've tried lots of different specs (44thrust/44instrument/rest stealth, 44/39/29, 44/35/34) and i would say 44/35/34 was the best one for soloing before we got the ablativechant, but nowadays speccing below 50 instrumenst is just making it harder for yourself...

70 every 6 seconds is a huuge difference to 40 every 6 seconds, and taking into account we get a new shout at 50 instrument soon i wouldn't change it for the world.

C

chimaira

what fool made me start this thread :x

150 different specs.

:m00:

A

Arcos

Originally posted by carp-
44inst 42slash 25 stealth i have no problems soloing

what do you expect 42 slash :p
nice SB hunting Steve :p

N

Naveh

Well, allthough my mincer is retired till like 1.65, I'd have to say 50Instruments is rather useful (Manditory to survive imo); Better pets, New Patch DD, AEmezz, PoM5 (For the folk who think dd's are manadraining a lot), Ablative and better mezzing chances.

Furthermore, lot's of PvE groups and Large Scale raids want a 50Instruments mincer over any lower Instruments mincer. About the weapon/stealth spec I'd have to say, it's totally up to you. If you are a group mincer stick everything into slash/thrust, if you are a stealthmincer and like the variation of solo'ing with 50Instruments, 50/30/30 or 50/29/31(32 With autotraining) would be best nowdays, cosidering lower stealth isn't very wise because Detect Hidden (Assassin stealther finding skill) is based on enemy stealth, the higher the better... Also, if you have lower stealth then 30, you will be slower in stealth than a turtle missing 3 legs, it can be quite annoying for stealthers you group with...

Good Luck picking one.

Users who are viewing this thread