My life in ruins

S

Shatari

I'll probably regret that I've been writting this. I don't normally share my life with people, but as I don't feel I can speak with my relatives about it, then this is the only way I can speak about it.

It's a lovely weather outside and I would under normal circumstances sunbath with a glass of water/juice. I need to study for my exam tomorrow, so I would probably under normal circumstances also sit with my book and notes, while sunbathing.
You would probably ask why I'm sitting inside infront of my computer in this nice weather, and also ask why I don't spend my time studying, when I got exam tomorrow. Last you probably also ask yourselves why I'm using a title "My life in ruins", so where do I start telling my story? Well, I guess you need the beginning:

I'm a 19 year old male near the 20. I'm adopted. Since I became a Danish citizen in 1988 I've known this girl, that has been one of my closest/best friends in my entire life. When we were younger, we had alot of fun, playing all kinds of games. She's pretty much the opposite of me, she's the funny, openminded and not to forget that she's very beautiful.
Later in my years, I came to a point where you go much up in how you look (at least some does), and at that time I realised I didn't look very good. You know, teenage syphtoms and etc. I began to hide myself, didn't want to take a shover with the other boys after gym, didn't want to do much, just hide myself. It was at that time I began to play alot of games, so I could get away from the real world. It was a strange feeling, to live yourself into a world that has been designed and are not real.
I dragged myself away from the real world, away from people and I only had really close/bestfriends remaining (One of my best friends from the time I went in school, has also played Dark Age of Camelot along with me). My friends helped me through it, and the girl I mentioned earlier did especially help. She moved my limits, the limits I've made in frustrations and made me more open again.

It was in my 13 year, the unexpected happened: I feel in love with her suddenly. I don't know why, I have never had that feeling before. I tried to hide it, because I did already know she has never thought about me in that way (and don't want to). In the first year I was jealous on everybody (without lying) that moved near her, so I tried to ease it down, by not seeing her that much in that year. It helped a little, and I could look upon her again, but still with the loving feeling inside me.

In my later years my face has become better, and my scars on my body better. I tried to go to parties, but I just don't feel like them anymore. The feeling I got inside me, is the one that old people got. You're happy on their ways, when you see the others smiling and having fun, but just don't feel you're a part of it anymore.
You do at this time probably think I've never been offered a relationship/date with a female, but the funny thing is I've actually had a couple of such offers (yes, they looked good, so no reason to come with silly jokes). The problem is I just didn't feel I was ready for it, in other words it scared the hell out of me and I was also affraid of what they might had thought, when they saw how many scars I had on my body. You can say, I didn't feel I was good enough for them, and wanted to wait.

Later in my years (almost now), I've seen this girl I've known since childhood again. Not that I've not seen her before that, because I have, it's just that the loving feeling (that almost looks like madness to me) I tried to held down, has come back. It feels like I'm crushed inside. Actually I've felt that since I feel in love with her, but it became better, just to become worse again.
I told her recently about my feelings and it was good, she was happy for it. Now yesterday I felt so crushed inside, that I send her a mail (I don't got the guts to tell her in person) that it probably would be the best not to see her again. On msn she told me "That's something you just can't do", and told me that her family loves me dearly and that it would hurt them too. The truth is that I'm splitted inside, because I do actually really want to see her again, but again it hurts me each time. She did also tell me that I should just hold the feeling a little down and try control it.

Here comes my questions:
1) Should I apologise to the girl from my childhood, and just ask her to forget it? And if so, what should I do to hold down the feeling? If you got other suggestions tell me, because I'm more confussed than ever.

2) In my later years I've felt the need to... yeah, see other people and make my circle of friends bigger. My friendcircle has grown very slim, as some of elder friends has now got girlfriends and has moved out different places in appartments. The problem is, I just don't feel I can speak to people or that I'm apart of the community, when I go to parties. What can/should I do about this?

There's probably some questions I've forgotten to ask, so if you want you can add more. I would also be very happy if people would share some experiences, as I need something to take me a little away from this mess.

S

Shatari

I'm a little down/depressed today, so if people would not comment much on my grammar, then I would be happy.

In advance I thank those that submits anything good/helpful, as I need something to cheer me up.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Now, i dont know these scars you talk about, but its important that its yourself that think so harsh on yourself, not the girls (or your friends). It's todays society that makes people feel this way, from what you see with beauty ideals and so forth.

if you meet a girl that fancys you, give it a try, take it slow if you're insecure about how they will react towards your looks, remember you're 19... you got a hell of alot time to meet girls (heh im 20 so who am i to speak).

There was a thread that resembled this one on some points some time ago. If you can't bear to look upon her, stop seeing her for a while (if you feel like it, you could explain it to her, but i guess it will make her feel odd, i know i would feel odd), date other girls or just live life without her too much involved, then when you feel you've cleared up with your feelings, talk to her again or smth.
good luck mate :)

/edit

remember, its not the end of the world, there will always come another, and another and another and...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Here comes my questions:
1) Should I apologise to the girl from my childhood, and just ask her to forget it? And if so, what should I do to hold down the feeling? If you got other suggestions tell me, because I'm more confussed than ever.

There is nothing to be sorry for. you love em then you love em. same thing happend to me last year and i told her. she was cool and said she will help me with all the problems that brings. the best way i found at the time was just tell them, and it made me feel better. i was getting ill from worrying over it. just not seeing them again is the easiest option, and also hard at the same time. the best thing to do is stay best m8rs and talk about it untill you feel its alright. the person i told about this, is one of the best m8rs i could ask for.

2) In my later years I've felt the need to... yeah, see other people and make my circle of friends bigger. My friendcircle has grown very slim, as some of elder friends has now got girlfriends and has moved out different places in appartments. The problem is, I just don't feel I can speak to people or that I'm apart of the community, when I go to parties. What can/should I do about this?

this happend to me. you get to points where you think your company wont be appreciated, and you think to your self they wont care you arnt there. fact is, people do. if they really are friends they should be bugging the shit out of you untill you goto the party etc. its hard to explain unless it has/is happening to you. you just need to tell these people how you feel. its easier to get things in the open. at least for me ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
tbh if it were me in your position i would "hold down" my feelings and get on with it, if you iscolate her you will most definitely regret it in the future, but there is no need whatsoever to apologise to her. Why should you? you were honest with her and she most likely appreciates it

- English -

Resident Freddy
Well beleive me if you want, but as soon as i quit daoc 3-4 months ago my IRL got boosted SOO much. I would go out once every 2-3 weeks, now its 2 times a week at least. You get to know more people, learn them better, talk to them when you see them. It makes such a difference imo. Im so glad i quit daoc and not going back to it ever.

Now to the girl, its another tricky problem, im only 18 myself, soon 19 so not very experienced. I am currently txting a girl from college who I was told a few week back she had a bf. To my point - Its a annoying cos you like her and I get the same feeling sometimes, but I just gotta live with it and hope. I see it as playing it cool :) - I use this aswell to motivate me to do weights, eat more heathly and cut down of the crappy chocolate/junk food which so far i find it really easy to do. If I was you, keep the friendship! I dont want to say anythign to drastic because id be more gutted if we stopped talking and she started hating me. I would apologise to her, she should see your depressed, perhaps say that so she starts being even nicer to you.

Ive also noticed as in your second question, that you have a few close friends, then some more friends, then more friends, then people you know. I think its always like that, the ones lower down the line are the ones you are close to. I know most people from college / work, and these are the times to get to know them, get there numbers and text them, I use msn and txts alot, as i know im not very good on the phone. It shud gradually build your confidence up as its done to mine

hope it helped, tho im not sure if its what you where looking for

gl

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well.

Let's see.

I'm not much of a Dr. Phil, but i can give you some Seely advice.

First off, not a good sign you resort to online friends for advice, should have one "trusted one" to talk these things with. But, i guess you're in the same predicament i was with my ex. She's the one i can talk to about everything, but couldn't about stuff concerning her. So i bit the bullet and told her, things are just fine now. No more stuff holding back, no more stuff that's weighing on the mind and we can be perfect friends.

What i suggest is, that you print out that, copy/paste it, whatever and send the girl. Don't think about it, just copy, paste, send.

Then it's done and in gods(whatevers up there in your mind) hands.

If you're planning on "not seeing" her again, which is silly, trust me, then there's nothing to loose and everything to gain. She might be thinking the same also.

So just count to five and do it. Send all that to her.

That's it. It seems stupidly simple, but sometimes it is.

If you want to cheer up, your problem is rather small *laugh* Not laughing at you, laughing at my own situation.

-Out of work for three months, they laid me off because of "no cash in the company" reasons. So nothing there could be done.

-Goverment is stuck in the "paper hell" so i haven't gotten my due money from them to help my unemployment.

-I'm loosing my apartment and have to move away from all my friends and some of my family to live in the countryside if things don't change.

-I haven't had cash in, well, almost a week now and bills keep piling up at my door.

-I've been single for a good six months now.

-Been having silly ideas of starting alcoholism like my "dear old" papa.

....guess what? I don't mind. I just live on every day, push aside the bad stuff and find happiness in the little things i got.

Those things, afterall, ain't that little when you're in danger to loosing it all.

Anyway, that should put some perspective. Send her what you're telling us, you won't regret it. If she's a friend, she'll understand it and you can talk about it. If she wants the same thing...well..hell...don't need to spell that out *grin*

By the way, i'm 27 and my first "relationship" started when i was 22. There's no rush, got plenty of time.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
I would suggest after reading and i understand how you feel. Ask if you can take an break. It's not healthy to hold down such feelings for a long time, i know it myself.

An risk is that you get afraid to tell the truth and how you really feel.

I got no solution to your problem tho and i recognize myself in your situation.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, and keeping in spirit of the forums:

Get a life you sad emo f*cker! :flame:

Diclaimer: Above statement should be taken with a pinch of salt, some winegar and a lot of black pepper.

Marc

FH is my second home
First of all, true friends are always there for you, no matter if you see them every day or once a year. Im 100% sure they still think of you as being part of their "circle of friends" if you will. As you grow older, you will also make lots of new friends. With regards the girl, I dont think you have anything to apologise for. Its a classic case of brain vs heart. Your heart wants to be with this girl, your head says no. You arent the first to be in this situation and you certainly wont be the last. You need to try and stop worrying about the "what if's". Ie, what if it doesnt work out. If you tell you defo dont want to see her, you will always be thinking, "what if we carried on seeing each other"?

So what I would do, is a. talk to your friends and tell them how you are feeling. Tell them you feel you are drifting away from them. I guarantee you, that they will think you are just being daft and they will probably make a great effort to involve you in things. b. the girl, I would go for it, carry on seeing her dude. If things dont work out, they dont work out, thats life. As the saying goes "what doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger" so if it doesnt work out, it will make you more resiliant in the future.

We have all been through it. Even me!!

Good luck!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sorry, but to say your life is "in ruins" is a little over the top. I realise it's hard to see clearly when your vision is clouded by things like this at a young age (I'm not much older really).

But hang on a minute, I'm utterly confused:

I told her recently about my feelings and it was good, she was happy for it. Now yesterday I felt so crushed inside, that I send her a mail (I don't got the guts to tell her in person) that it probably would be the best not to see her again. On msn she told me "That's something you just can't do", and told me that her family loves me dearly and that it would hurt them too. The truth is that I'm splitted inside, because I do actually really want to see her again, but again it hurts me each time. She did also tell me that I should just hold the feeling a little down and try control it.

What? You like this girl...so you tell her how you feel...she may well feel the same way...then you tell her you shouldn't see each other??!

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that makes no sense to me. If you can get it together...go for it! Why hold back?

I spent too many years of my life worrying about girls, worrying about fitting in and worrying about how I looked etc. I look back on this and laugh...just believe in yourself, be yourself and you'll be surprised what you can acheive.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
Oh yeah, and keeping in spirit of the forums:

Get a life you sad emo f*cker! :flame:

Diclaimer: Above statement should be taken with a pinch of salt, some winegar and a lot of black pepper.
teh seel strikes with words of wisdom ! (same disclaimer)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I spent too many years of my life worrying about girls, worrying about fitting in and worrying about how I looked etc. I look back on this and laugh...just believe in yourself, be yourself and you'll be surprised what you can acheive.

What eggy said!

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Dont be yourself!

Be who the media tell you to be!

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
hmm....in short, like someone said above im no Dr Phil but can only speak in experience.

1. NEVER apologize for feeling something like that. Apologizing make it look like you regret it, and thats the last thing you should do imo. You told her how it is which is a huge step in the right direction. Scary yes, bad no not at all.

2. Make sure the friends you still have understand the situation. Then try to turn it slowly. Find a interrest and engage yourself in a class in that or something. Its a natural way to meet people if you find meeting new peeps on a party hard. If you feel its been going downwards slowly you need to turn it back slowly to.

And to keep the spirit of the forums.
Chicks dig scars, makes you l33t irl m8. I got a 20cm scar on my hip its a babemagnet not the other way around!!!111!!!!

tris-

the other way round, like a magnetic babe?

:E

S

Shatari

eggy said:
I'm sorry, but to say your life is "in ruins" is a little over the top. I realise it's hard to see clearly when your vision is clouded by things like this at a young age (I'm not much older really).

The title was also aimed at catching peoples attention, and not because my life is in ruins (because it's not), I just feel very "shaked".
I felt I needed a quick response so I could get some facts straight, and get over it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the rest you wrote
and that goes to all of you.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
the other way round, like a magnetic babe?

:E
fear the magnetic babes, my cock gets stuck to them, its made of metal! I GOT A HARD LOL!

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Shatari said:
The title was also aimed at catching peoples attention, and not because my life is in ruins (because it's not), I just feel very "shaked".
I felt I needed a quick response so I could get some facts straight, and get over it as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the rest you wrote
and that goes to all of you.

even me? :eek:

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I know this may not help in the short term but in a few yrs you will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about - time changes things in a big way. I went out with a girl when I was 16 for some time, we broke up and I thought it was the end of the world - believe 15yrs later I look back and really wonder why on earth I was even slightly bothered - you are young - go live your life to the full! take a chance on this girl if you must - so you never wonder "what if". But if it doesnt work out then always remember the old saying of "there are plenty more fish in the sea" - it is soooo true it is unbeliveable!!

Search this forum for some jokes, vids etc, cheers yourself up a bit, put a smile on and look outside and the good weather and try and just think how good life is/can be and go grab it with both hands*!!

*life that is!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh if you really like her an cant think of your life with out her. dont date her an stay freinds.the chance of you 2 getting married an will be liveing happily ever after is not big enough imo, i would not risk my friendship with my best friend(wich is a girl :p ) just because of it... If you start dateing an break up its gonna be hard to have the same friendship as before that ofc depens on how you break up... Just take some time off an try an hook up with some other girls an you will find out its much better that way :D

Talking from my personal experiance..

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ah to be 19 again :) as I have already said in another post similar to this to stop seeing this girl (one of your closet friends) would be fucking stupid. Good friends are hard to come by, to stop seeing this girl because you have feelings for her would be silly.

Go and get another g/f let her rip your heart out with a spoon and treat you like shit, now think about not having your best friend there to pick you up off the floor.... Exactly the feeling of being all alone is alot worse when you dont actually have you're best friend to talk to.

At the end of the day you are going to do what you want, I think it would be fucking selfish to end a great friendship because at 19 you think that you have found you're 1 true love.

Good luck with your decision.

tris-

thats the thing these days. at 18-20, we all now think its coming to an end very quickly.

maybe cos we start partying younger etc than you oldies did.

thats just for me anyway, may apply to others though ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
haha I was the same mangled at 16-17 by the time I hit 20 it bored the fuck out of me.

tris-

there you go then. untill we get even older we wont know whats to come lol.

i started at 12 though :/ has been a long 7 yrs now.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Why would you not want to see her again? and why would you want to "hold it down"?

I mean, come on, talk to her and tell her how you feel.

What's the worst that can happen? If she's truely a good friend like it seems, then she'll tell you she's not interested in you that way.

It's hell of alot better than being worried about it and thinking back that it might have been something.

Was alot to read, so not sure if I got everything ;p

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure ill be much help, but here is my opinion on it.

Don't stop seeing her, but just try not to think about it too much (i know its hard, personally), and every one else is right, im only 20 my self and only just really got with some one myself thats actually properly. Life can be hard at times but we just have to push our way through, the best advice i can give is talk to her, openly about everything in the way its making you feel and she will understand. You've known her that long it shouldnt be that hard just to tell her (but i know why it may seem so, i have a hard time telling people how i feel completly, drives me nuts), anyway, i hope you get it sorted, and if you want a neutral to talk to for advice gimmie a shout, been through stuff like this my self so... Goodluck:fluffle:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Go with the flow.

I had a similar problem (apart from the not going out, being social etc etc) and i've started doing this and lifes just easier, worry about exams then just be chilled after.

When i first met this girl i fell for her but i was just too laid back didnt tell her how i felt and i know that is why we turned into "just friends" which fucking sucks coz i still think about her loads and things remind me of her etc but wahtever.

Try and stay friends with her and just chill out let things happen, dont force it. It really is the easiest solution if she doesnt feel the same way about you, it completley sucks, but if you cut her off you will regret it. Maybe dont be the one persueing the friendship but dont avoid her.

Himse

FH is my second home
Never give up on the things that make you smile imo! (read that from someones msn name but shh =P) just dont give up on her mate, but dont be too pushy at the same time, if you just relax and be yourself, you never know, she may fall for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom