Holiday My legs hurt

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just come back from a weekend camping in Beddgelert with the missus.

Weather was glorious. It was freezing on Saturday morning when we woke up and everything was covered with frost. Steam coming off the lakes and a low lying mist looked magical. :)

Went up Snowdon via the Watkins path. We're both massively unfit and rarely do any exercise so my legs hurt like fuckkery today. Probably be even worse tomorrow.

Went to Betwys-y-coed for a bite to eat, a bit of shopping and a walk up the side of Swallow Falls. Lovely part of the country.

So. Anyone got any specifically camping holidays planned? Where to? Been before? Etc. Etc. Want ideas for my next one :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Gwydyr contains the Marin Trail near Betwys-y-coed, which is just about the most bastard mountain biking trail I've ever ridden. If you're going up a 25% incline and are completely out of breath, you're going the right way. Ditto 25% decline. If you're riding on flat ground, you're lost.

I hate that trail.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Walk across part of Bodmin moor in the summer then lots of small local camps. Would like to do loch Lomand with a canoe but can't get anyone interested.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I'll be doing LOADS of camping this year, like I mostly do.

In particular the Bulldog Bash and various other rallies. Top fun :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
Not particularly a camping holiday, but i'm off to mount blanc this Friday for ten days.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Doing the yorkshire 3 peaks and Chamonix mountain biking, lift to the top and whhheeee.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
If your muscles hurt from exertion you don't usually get up to you ar eprobably dehydrated

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Camp fire, camp fire cooked food, load of skunk, load of friends. Win

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
No camping, but probably Ben Nevis at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom