MY first proper whine thread in the RvR section

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kind of a whine anyhow ;)

Physical Defense, balanced on a class like the heretic?

tic.JPG

I know that people may say, 'omfg u are a ranger, you get it toooo', which is a very valid point, but if a scout shoots me with his bow you can be damn sure my abs won't bring the shot down to 220 before resists, and especially not after debuffing my AF with an ml10 bow like I did with this heretic.

Flame/discuss away.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Aiteal said:

tic.JPG

I know that people may say, 'omfg u are a ranger, you get it toooo', which is a very valid point, but if a scout shoots me with his bow you can be damn sure my abs won't bring the shot down to 220 before resists, and especially not after debuffing my AF with an ml10 bow like I did with this heretic.

Flame/discuss away.

as you said, you are a ranger.. in no position to whine about it :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
as you said, you are a ranger.. in no position to whine about it :)

Well, I kinda think I am :)

Firstly, I dont have PD, like most stealthers there are other RA's that are a must-buy before I can purchase PD, I have no probs with rangers loosing PD, especially on classic servers where opponents do not have the option to switch to an elemental damage type.

Secondly, the bow is my primary weapon, and with it i cannot choose a damage type that cloth wearers are vulnerable to, elemental bows are a joke.

Thirdly, PD would seem to me to be an RA for classes that take a battering in melee, which in fairness wouldn't include well geared melee rangers in the stealth wars, and certainly doesnt include heretics either, I mean, why is it available to a cloth wearing hybrid like the Heretic, but not the Valewalker?

So, aside from the stock response I expected, do you think PD is balanced on a class with such a high ABS?

brad

Fledgling Freddie
you tried beating haxen.

you hit haxen for your 2h hammer for 240 dmh yahhhh.................197 dmg was resisted..............................That son of a.

Just abit stupid tbh, you may aswell sit down sometimes and not bother trying.:(

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
dont shoot heretics then? :)

i try not to hit pallys, mercs and reavers on my vamp ;<

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree. It's not stupid that a heretic have PD, especially since we don't have access to eighter IP or the arti SoM. PD or MoBlock is only defense in melee, if you can count IP as "defense". :) But it would sure help out alot...

However...

Imagine a PD5 Heretic WITH SoM AND IP! Then you have something to whine about! :clap:

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
you tried beating haxen.

you hit haxen for your 2h hammer for 240 dmh yahhhh.................197 dmg was resisted..............................That son of a.

Just abit stupid tbh, you may aswell sit down sometimes and not bother trying.:(

hehe nahh it wasn't Haxen
I don't normally bother trying to kill Heretics, shield spec and high abs/pd means a no go as a ranger.
I didn't realise the char was a Heretic till I shot him and my STR/CON buff dropped from what must have been his reactionary proc.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The problem for me on my heretic is that I only really group at the moment and have so many RAs I need for the group, I have next to no points spare for myself. I did however spec for soloing not so long ago for a laugh and tested it in a few duels.

The biggest inf PA was for 211 damage. A scouts crit shot would do 150max and a scout in melee was hitting between 25-40damage. There are of course ways to counter it though like using battler for instance or malice to bring our damage down.

Whatever way you look at it, if you fight a heretic, expect to be beating on them for a long time. Luckily (for you) most high RR tics on the server aren't flex specced AND ready for soloing but they are far from unbeatable. No IP is a big downside (obviously I can see why we don't get it).

Personally I have:
Purge2
BaoD3
SW1
LW2
aug quick2
MoC1
PR1
PD1

So I'm far from specced for soloing but with a lot of PD and a bit of MoB, tics soloing against melee classes are formidable. Treat us like a heavy tank. If you want to beat us, you're gonna have to be prepared for a long fight :p

Septina

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Lol at damage then xxxx is resigned to their doom xD

Perhaps it was unlucky? :(

haha, your avatar made me laugh ^^ so true :p

pip

Banned
Aiteal said:

tic.JPG

Flame/discuss away.
Nothing fair nowdays in this game:( Warlocks =rp fodder:twak: oh well life is a bitch then you die.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
kirennia said:
The biggest inf PA was for 211 damage. A scouts crit shot would do 150max and a scout in melee was hitting between 25-40damage. There are of course ways to counter it though like using battler for instance or malice to bring our damage down.

you see that to me is a just a little sick tbh

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Bonehead said:
I disagree. It's not stupid that a heretic have PD, especially since we don't have access to eighter IP or the arti SoM. PD or MoBlock is only defense in melee, if you can count IP as "defense". :) But it would sure help out alot...

However...

Imagine a PD5 Heretic WITH SoM AND IP! Then you have something to whine about! :clap:

Well, you get 2 more RA's than assassins to increase your defense.

I guess the telling question/answer is, would you give up the insane ABS that Heretics can spec for and PD for access to IP and SoM?

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Well, you get 2 more RA's than assassins to increase your defense.

I guess the telling question/answer is, would you give up the insane ABS that Heretics can spec for and PD for access to IP and SoM?
Anyday!

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
Valewalker should be able to have pd ! But no no... vw aint able to have any shit thats good :(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
every visual class has things which are situationally retarded.

retarded is becoming like standard issue in daoc lately.

Unfortunetly archers dont really have anything ridiculously retarded to throw into the mix. (They do however have lots of mini-retarded things)

warguard and battler
diry tricks
champ ml5
banelord
vendo zerks
Tics AF
vamps
assasin poisons
reaver bombs
TWF and grapple
insta sheers

could prolly treble that list if you spent some time thinking about it.

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
warguard and battler
diry tricks
champ ml5
banelord
vendo zerks
Tics AF
vamps
assasin poisons
reaver bombs
TWF and grapple
insta sheers

aah vw's dont have anything of that.. ;)

mithridatis :)

Fledgling Freddie
LOL, retarted noobs whine about heretics. What class u got from catacombs expansion? the one button Whorelocks and the Nowaytodieatmeleeduels Vamps.

STFU noobs and go play packman...

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
mithridatis :) said:
LOL, retarted noobs whine about heretics. What class u got from catacombs expansion? the one button Whorelocks and the Nowaytodieatmeleeduels Vamps.

hmm warlock isnt one button class, atleast 3 button to make 1 chamber,and every chamber is behind different button.
allso need cast time by time self buffs what allso are in different buttons.

retarding to whine heretics? well, write same to topic where someone was whining about valkyries, that was wierd post :) assasin whining because he needed go back portal keep for buffs after fight against valk + win :D

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Wazowski said:
Valewalker should be able to have pd ! But no no... vw aint able to have any shit thats good :(
hehehe say's the man wich does 130k last week,some wishes will never be happen

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
First off, excellent that you're actually using your class defining weapon - the bow. Too many archers playing as stealthing tanks these days. :)

Secondly - yeh, it sucks. I don't attack heretics if I can help it, they're about as hard to kill as heavy tanks. Definetily not a prime target for anyone with a bow.

Archery dps has slowly been chisseled away by Mythic over the years - even with TOA bonusses included, we're only barely above 1hd dps, and way behind dualwield and 2h. In 1.83 we're losing another 5% damage when everyone (except clothwearers) go from -10% resist to -5% resist to melee damage styles.

All I can say really is 'it sucks, but you don't really have a choice'. Stick to shooting anything with cloth and supportclasses. :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Hib ranger whining about damage. Hillarious.

Compared to hunters you got range advantage and damage advantage. That's fair to you? Do hunters whine about Tic's AF/ABS?

Move on ppl, nothing to see here.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
mithridatis :) said:

I do hope that isn't aimed at Aiteal.

1. "no way to die at melee duels vamps?" what show are you watching? my scout can take vamps in melee lol. what are you trying to melee them down with ? A wizard?

2. one button "whorelocks"? Aiteal plays hib. they do not get "whorelocks".

3. Aiteal plays a RANGER. not a warlock, not a vamp, a RANGER.

Aiteal is far from a "retarded noob" tbh.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
every visual class has things which are situationally retarded.

retarded is becoming like standard issue in daoc lately.

Unfortunetly archers dont really have anything ridiculously retarded to throw into the mix. (They do however have lots of mini-retarded things)

warguard and battler
diry tricks
champ ml5
banelord
vendo zerks
Tics AF
vamps
assasin poisons
reaver bombs
TWF and grapple
insta sheers

could prolly treble that list if you spent some time thinking about it.

It's pretty funny really, if you view the last 20 posts made by Censi, almost all of them have either "retard", "adder", "zerger" or "crack pipe" in them.

If the game hurts you that much to play, just quit?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
It's pretty funny really, if you view the last 20 posts made by Censi, almost all of them have either "retard", "adder", "zerger" or "crack pipe" in them.

If the game hurts you that much to play, just quit?

\o/

qft

Wazowski

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
MOC lifetap :(
i wish they had ;) but they dont... it would be cute but not worth it... since if u are have a melee template u would only nuke for 250-350 or so.... :(
give better lifetaps and moc ! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom