My first Duel since release

A

Arthwyr

Was just about to log for the night as i got word on GU there were some duels going on between albs and mids near mtk in emain so i decided to walk over and have a look still buffed from a low lvl bot. Seemed to be fun, no random killing going on, duels between paladins and zerkers, occasionaly someone getting killed and me enjoying the show. Then a dwarf healer challenged me, name escapes me right now (dyer i think). Was having doubts about relogging before the fight but since there was no real way to communicate with him and since i had no intention of killing him anyhow i played along. We slugged it out, I backed off when he was low, nice fight.

Next Blue con guy, just killed a fello infil so i went along ... right after the bow he insta mezzed me so PA and CD was out but forget about it managed to land a dragonfang and accidently killedh im cause i failed to stop the chain in time that i hit after the df :( really sorry about that ... 300 rpoints or so but unintended.

Next duel ... Oklahoma ok zerkers hurt infils with their big cleavers but since i was buffed a bit i decided to go for a stand up fight relying on an evade ... missed pa one poison got resisted, fubar, dead in 3 or 4 hits, good fight though.

next Oklahoma again ... unbuffed but what the heck its for fun, hit pa, hid cd, missed ss and crip failed ...dead again as he hamstrend and smacked me up good.

Next Oklahoma 3rd time so decided to give him a run for his money and put crip on primary lifebane on backup and hooray ... Missed pa but crip fired , so did lifebane, I ran like a champ and backed off while oklahoma was trying to get into range again wich the crip prevented. I restealthed let the lifebane almost run its course, switched weapons to lifebane debuff and managed to land a PA CD and SS... he hamstered so i ran off to let him cool down from hamster mode and restealthed again. While i watching the lifebane eat at his health i expexted him to drop but he IPd so i sat down unstealthed and got up to clap and bow ... considering the duel a win since i was still at 70% health. He bowed too, another friendly round of combat though i have no doubt he would have killed me if it was the other way around ;)

Next duell vs insta. Now insta was bowing at me for some time while i sat down to repoison my weapons so after i did i got up gave him a bow and stealthed. He ran around a bit till i finaly got position, i PAd Cd and SS him ... cool well not cool. Despite Insta saying something in a language i did not understand a few times 90% if the present mids took swings at me and there were quite a few mids since you killed 3 paladins a cleric and god knows what else before leaving albs without rezzer. Only oklahoma insta and dyer (i think its dyer) emoted that they were sorry bout the fuckup the rest probably just enjoyed the free rpoints.

After the fun I asked in GU to the ppl there about their kill death ratio wich turned out to be 1/3. Nice way to farm, it was a good lesson to me and im glad I now know who to pa first next time i have the choice between multiple targets. Oh and garnet wtf did you take a swing at me After i sat down ... testing your damage on a sitting infil ?

P

Purefun

Where do I subscribe to receive "The daily adventures of art" in my mailbox ? :p

O

old.LandShark

i agree, let's never post unless it's to say that X sucks.

F

Flimgoblin

yeah! not enough bitching!

Can we hijack it into a flame thread and whine about duels or something now? that'll give it credibility! :)

A

Apathy

On the weekend, brave Albion stormed in and killed an entire all-realms group of duellers between AMG and ATK.

2k RPs in ten seconds...all those enemies standing nice and close for mezzing...that enchanter I almost soloed...the zerker who just couldn't get to me in time...the archer who killed me...

Mwahaha. RvR should be like that all the time. But without the archers. People just standing around in tight groups, maybe with their armour off and their buttons removed from their Quickbars.

a.

T

Trubble

Yeah it was fun to duel a few mids at Mtk. The most fun part was however when Hibs arrived and tried to end the party, but both mids and albs thought the party wasnt over and sent the hibs home by teaming up on them...

L

-Lonewolf-

Someone flame for the love of god this niceness is just making me ill and I am gonna be out of a job if you keep it up

A

Arthwyr

Actualy I'm negotiating for movie rights looks like there are gonna be 3 of em to start the series.

"Gawain does emain"
"Gawain does Odins"
"Gawain does Hadrians wall" (Short movie)

H

Hatt

Oklahoma -> :twak: <-You
Oklahoma -> :wub: <-Me
He owned you 3-0 your lame tactics doesn't count :(

B

belth

Originally posted by Arthwyr
Actualy I'm negotiating for movie rights looks like there are gonna be 3 of em to start the series.

"Gawain does emain"
"Gawain does Odins"
"Gawain does Hadrians wall" (Short movie)

Sounds like pr0n :p

O

old.Mitsu

Hey we dicided duels were over ;p

There was just too much rp farming.

C

cbh_skyrie

"The most fun part was however when Hibs arrived and tried to end the party"

Oh sorry, didn't know I wasnt supposed to die to the scout Archtic who (by accident ofc) shot and killed a realmm8 while he was dueling another. Should I have sat down and let him continue swinging at me? Boy am I confused now :/

Sorry Archtic m8, didn't know you were dueling llixeraxu 2on1 - and I know that you slashing at me is fair and that me responding by 2hitting you aint :/

C

Cowled

nerf zerkers they can kill infs!

Anyway, isn't it "illegal" to PA in a duel? Oo

A

Arthwyr

He owned you 3-0 your lame tactics doesn't count

heh, whats lame about snaring him restealthing and giving him another pa combo. He hamsters so i counter by moving out of his range while he is snared. FYI Zerker + Style + Hamster is 2 or even one hit kill on an infil. Its just each class using its own strong points.

N

[NP]Regent

to: Arthwyr

stealth is fucking lame in duell, cya!

Agaton - Gawain: 1 - 0

N

[NP]Regent

btw, liar :>

It wasnt first time you duelled.. as you maybe remember we duelled outside atk.. Aussie was there watching :)
sucked that you didnt give me much of a challenge tho :(

F

Falcor

had a good duel with a shield hero once....took bloody ages...forget name,

T

Tranquil-

Re: to: Arthwyr

Originally posted by [NP]Regent

Agaton - Gawain: 1 - 0

Soo.. a guy which bases his strategy around stealth is lame?
I think it's fucking lame to decide how other people should play.
A duel means that you can use what's available from your character. Not that you have to turn the cheek to the other guy and tell him to slap you.

I'm sure people can let you have it your way and say that you won even though you died. Simply because he "cheated".
"That didn't count! You used a skill in your quickbar! Cheater!"
I look at buffbots as more of a "cheat" than that.

When assassins buy See Hidden, aren't they doing the exact same thing? They are using an ability available to them to get a few easy kills. Even though you disagree with that, that's totally up to you, but don't force others to have to agree with you when they have every right to use it. That's not up to you to decide. Accept it and work around it next time. Can't you just use the snare yourself?

A

Arthwyr

LoL funny guy so just cause your char spec is based on doing alot of damage swinging both weapons while unstealthed and in the proces giving up your perf and Cd means stealthing is lame... Wonder how a critblade will start a duell, bet its with stealth. Tell you what we will do on gorre, I'll drop my + stealth items and replace em with slash resist items wich at the time we fought was 6% btw (+my leather slash handicap, resist now at 16% and will be 20% next RR could take em to 28% without all the +stealths) And I'll spec up 50thrust 50DW with slash and then see who comes out on top when i get a big fat+ on damage instead of the big minus i get now. To top it off I'll even respec my realm abilities in favor of a non stealth fighting spec. Promise you I wont do the lame stealth thing in a duell then. For Regular play I'll stick to thrust and being lame sneaking around will be fun when we finaly get a 16.2 dps crafted thruster at 2.9 spd instead of the gimped 15.5dps at 2.8 spd. Must be fun to be able to use lower speed 16.5dps slashers
Have a nice day.

C

Cowled

They may not use stealth, that's why u never see a SZ duel, Arth

B

belth

SZ don't duel cause they can't stealth? Ok... I guess critblades then duel cause they don't have to stealth?

:m00:

N

[NP]Regent

Originally posted by Cowled
They may not use stealth, that's why u never see a SZ duel, Arth

hum? :)
duelling is teh rox :>

btw cowled, when are you 50? /em wanan doelll

Users who are viewing this thread