My Fave photo. What do you think.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I didn't say I didn't like it. I could imagine it in a movie or summat... with the landscape changing and evolving and stuff in fast motion... and it goes from that mountain scene to yours.

I wasn't insulting your work, so I don't know why you're taking the offensive with me... And I am so fucking brilliant. So what? I just need to buy a camera and take a picture for everyone to see.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Clown said:
It's like a modern day picture of that cliché scene. You know where there're boats in the lake, mountains in the background, DON'T FORGET THE SUN SETTING!

I like them animal pictures. For some reason, I like them wildlife shots. Like the ones that might come in the National Geographic or something. Cool.

Just for Clown, shot from the New Forest the day after I got my 28-135mm IS... Not bad for a hand held shot in -5C without gloves!

Oh, and be warned, it's a tiff and over 2mb ;)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
No!

Best you're going to get is LZW compression on my TIFFs ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Another one. 2.2meg, sorry :) Stained glass in a church in Genoa, Italy. Proud of this one, the others were quite shaky, due to the severe lack of light.

www.ch3tan.com/stained.JPG

Downloading elements trial now, so I will be saving some smaller versions of these to upload.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got some more stuff here, I don't want to fill this thread with just any old pics, so I've lopped the chaff so to speak :) All are piccies I've taken, I'm not in any of them.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/random crap/toms photos/Spell Bound 051 C.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/random crap/toms photos/southern cemetry1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/random crap/toms photos/masks.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/random crap/toms photos/ptcs first day.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/random crap/toms photos/chuckie and christian in truck.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tom.jeffs4/random crap/toms photos/cameraman.jpg

I find that with B&W photography, if you don't have good light, no matter what the subject is, how funny it may be, your picture will be shite. Colour is a bit more forgiving.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Some very good photos there, didnt know we had some many photographers amongst teh forumites

When i get back to sheffield ill upload some ones i have on photo cd that i took in the caribean.

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
Was that stained glass photo taken on full auto?

Xav

Well it was a point and click yer :)

The battery was running down so I don't think the flash was on

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I doubt the flash would have made any difference

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
In full auto mode shooting with flash in a situation like that will make huge difference as the camera defaults to ISO 100 and a larger apeture.

Had the shot been taken on manual, or apeture priority, it could have been taken at ISO 200 or even possibly 400 with a smaller apeture (f4.0 or thereabouts) and gotten rid of a lot of the glare and bloom visible in the middle-top of the glass.

Xav

Sar

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
I didn't say I didn't like it. I could imagine it in a movie or summat... with the landscape changing and evolving and stuff in fast motion... and it goes from that mountain scene to yours.

I wasn't insulting your work, so I don't know why you're taking the offensive with me... And I am so fucking brilliant. So what? I just need to buy a camera and take a picture for everyone to see.
Soz, was just a bit touchy at the time.

:/

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Xavier said:
In full auto mode shooting with flash in a situation like that will make huge difference as the camera defaults to ISO 100 and a larger apeture.

Had the shot been taken on manual, or apeture priority, it could have been taken at ISO 200 or even possibly 400 with a smaller apeture (f4.0 or thereabouts) and gotten rid of a lot of the glare and bloom visible in the middle-top of the glass.

Xav

Yeah but all you'd have is a slightly darker picture around the bright spot, and a bit more definition in said bright spot.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
No, a smaller apeture will increase the depth of field which in turn should let you get more of the entire window in focus and sharp, something which has to be taken into account when shooting at that kind of angle from so low down.

Using ISO 200 or 400 will allow significantly faster shutter speeds, which in turn will also help him produce a sharper shot...

All in all, the metering and auto-mode on the Fuji are pretty poor, barely any use for stuff outside of portrait photos with the flash and bright daytime photos...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I believe I said as much, although I didn't start talking about dof. But then again, I know you know that, and I think you know that I know you know that :)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I guess the difference was my post was for Pr's benefit, not yours.

;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I learnt all about depth of field shooting university graduation ceremonies on pro video cameras, on knackered cartoni fluid heads (tons of play in both directions), with practically no light, at the end of 1.8f 16x9 cheap video lenses. And then being asked to do pull focus shots across rows of students sat 200 feet away, in dark blue gloom, with 9dB of gain :eek:

In fact, if you graduated between 1994 and 1997 I probably did your ceremony!

Anyone here get a graduation video made by 'Interface Video Productions', with a purple cover?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
*signs up for deviantart*

do they have limits on filesizes Munkey?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Munkey said:
Still need to figure out how to elongate exposure time on my camera (sony cybershot DSC-V1).

I have Cybershot DSC-P72 and if yours is anything like mine then you go into picture mode, press menu, turn it to program, scroll right to EV and adjust that, altho it seems to be quite limited.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Trebz said:
I'll brave the pro's and put up the images of my own that I have a special liking for.
Flowers 7

I like the macro shots of flowers, but this one is amazing.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
That site Tom spammed doesn't seem to have the same community feel as Deviantart. Besides, i use DeviantArt for other things beside taking photographs, which is actually something i started a week or so ago.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Nice Trebz, have you tried photographing flowers with a black cloth behind them? You can get some stunning detail doing that.

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
Nice Trebz, have you tried photographing flowers with a black cloth behind them? You can get some stunning detail doing that.
Not really, those flower shots were taken about 2yrs ago when I first got my camera. I've never really looked into learning all the techniques and what the hell half the options on my camera mean. It would be nice to know and perhaps to get a tripod too for some shots to prevent blurring, but I take photos so infrequently I forget what half the settings are before I get to use them again.

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
I'm one of these fitness freaks...climbing, hillwalking etc etc.

This is a nice spot I found out walking..

Down the Valley...

Flowers are easy to shoot, was working on the whole far/close effect.

Pink Foxgloves

Classic "Babbling Brook" scene.

Teh brook.

Fucking camera battery ran out at the top of Cairn Gorm, I got so badly burnt that day.

Cairn Gorm

Hope you like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom