My dusty old PSP

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Ok now I've had this PSP for a while now, I bought it to keep me sane in the Falkland Islands. Problem is it just sits there now doing nothing, the pick up and play games have lost their appeal but my spider sense tells me there's so much more I can do with it. I keep hearing about emulators for classic old games which I'd like to know more about and I'd love to know if there's a way of playing movies from the memory card instead of forking out money for movies on a format that is by now already obsolete. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ok now I've had this PSP for a while now, I bought it to keep me sane in the Falkland Islands. Problem is it just sits there now doing nothing, the pick up and play games have lost their appeal but my spider sense tells me there's so much more I can do with it. I keep hearing about emulators for classic old games which I'd like to know more about and I'd love to know if there's a way of playing movies from the memory card instead of forking out money for movies on a format that is by now already obsolete. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

PSP has failed tbh the games aren't ever very good for it i think the last decent game was MGS:portable Ops.

When i had a PSP getting movies/tv shows onto a memory card was such a hassle it made it worthless maybe its changed now.

Trade it in for a DS.

00dave

Trade it in for a DS.

If I had a DS I wouldn't trade it for a PSP so I doubt anyone else will. Yes it's shit I am well aware of this and reading some old posts I'm well aware of your views but I'm trying to make the most of it while it still works.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Lumines is good if you like puzzle games, then there is grand theft auto, is final fantasy out on it too?

Still a pretty good hand held and you should be able to pick up quite a few cheap games for it.

video encoding for the psp is a piece of piss the days too...

soze

I am a FH squatter
The PSP graphically bitch slaps the DS they are not close. But the DS has allot of quirky fun games. The DS prolly has the more adictive games but the PS3 is nicer to play i like my Fifa and Madden games allot more on my PSP over my DS. And like has been said copying films to the PSP is real easy now there is loads of 1 click software. I used to watch TV shows on my way too and from work. Download and then recode them.

This is the software i use can do DVD to psp or divx to psp. Xilisoft PSP video converter - convert PSP video movie, PSP converter

Yaka

Part of the furniture
the psp is selling well in japan, so we may yet see some nifty games for. sony are supposed to be werking on a download game service for it as well.

but the psp's real strenth is in hombrew at the moment gooogle for dark alex custom fw and Psp IR shell, after that you got evrything you hsould need for emu, gps or wot ever floats your boat. ive got crap loadsa stuff spread over 4 4gb sticks but mostly just play speedball2 on amiga emu or watch films on it.

00dave

The PSP graphically bitch slaps the DS they are not close. But the DS has allot of quirky fun games. The DS prolly has the more adictive games but the PS3 is nicer to play i like my Fifa and Madden games allot more on my PSP over my DS. And like has been said copying films to the PSP is real easy now there is loads of 1 click software. I used to watch TV shows on my way too and from work. Download and then recode them.

This is the software i use can do DVD to psp or divx to psp. Xilisoft PSP video converter - convert PSP video movie, PSP converter

I forgot to mention I don't want to pay for anything.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Yaka is right. If you PSP is dusty, then chances are you are on an older firmware that can be downgraded and then have one of Dark Alex's custom firmwares installed.

No links as it does allow you to play copies of commercial games, but it's the emualtors and homebrew that is the real joy of a custom firmware.

Plus, you can use the playstation emulator to play Playstation games you own on your PSP. Most of them can be ripped from your disks and work now. Including FF7, which looks sweet on a PSP and is as addictive as ever.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Isn't Disgaea coming out for the PSP, if isn't already? That'll keep you busy for ages if you're into strat RPG's. :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
And people complain about Aada.:twak:

Whats so bad about that i HATE the 360 controller seriously hate it so playing MY 360 is not as much fun as playing my PS3?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Whats so bad about that i HATE the 360 controller seriously hate it so playing MY 360 is not as much fun as playing my PS3?

Fuck all wrong with the 360 controller, it is your fat little hands and chubby fingers that are the problem! ;) :p :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Fuck all wrong with the 360 controller, it is your fat little hands and chubby fingers that are the problem! ;) :p :D

Do not forget my deformed thumbs either they don't help :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Red Kawa

Thats what i use for converting movies to play on my phone, really simple to use and a near perfect result, works the same way to convert to psp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom