Fact My company is recruiting

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We have a bit of cash to splash on hiring some peeps. Here's a role:

We seek a Network Architect to join the team in our London office. The Network Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement network architectures that support core organisational functions, and assure their high availability. This individual will gain organisational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans. In addition, the Architect provides technical leadership across the organisation.
Responsibilities will include:
  • Ensure that proposed and existing network architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
  • Lead efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the portfolio, including mentoring of the team members.
  • Be accountable for ensuring that the technical direction is generally accepted as best practices and are followed, positioning the organisation for the future.
  • Provide feedback to management on issues/ideas encountered while working within the project teams.
  • Conduct research on emerging technologies, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, decreased latency and systems flexibility.
  • Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
  • Document the company’s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
  • Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
  • Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
  • Installation, configuration, maintenance, and escalation troubleshooting of network equipment.
  • Inventory any related documentation and technical specifications information
  • Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
Requirements:
Essential:
  • Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering
  • Extensive experience in developing systems architecture plans.
  • Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
  • Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
  • Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
  • Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practices.
  • Proven project planning and management experience.
  • Detailed knowledge of system design and implementation.
  • Experience with debugging complex system issues.
  • Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
  • Expert working knowledge of network routing protocols and configuration
    o BGP / OSPF / MPLS(LDP/RSVP)
    o EIGRP / NAT / STP / QOS
  • Strong working knowledge of network QOS
    o TOS/DSCP
    o CoS
  • Expert configuration skills of Cisco or Juniper switches, routers, firewalls
    o Cisco IOS
    o JUNOS
  • Service determination, provisioning, implementation, troubleshooting
  • Expert skills in requirements determination, BOM creation, deployment, troubleshooting
Desirable:
  • CCIE or JNCIE qualification
  • Experience in a large network implementation. i.e. multiple sites
  • Experience in a multi-datacenter environment

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
and another:

We seek a Senior Network Engineer to be based in our London office. As a Senior Network Engineer on the Engineering team, you will have opportunities to design, implement, and support the latest in switching and routing technologies within our worldwide Corporate datacenters. You will be partnering with the businesses to design and implement technical solutions that exceed their expectations while keeping within defined budgetary constraints. A Senior Network Engineer must also show they are driven to explore and understand new technologies and how they can help meet the businesses needs plus have the organisational skills to excel on multiple projects with competing priorities.
Responsibilities will include:
  • Design and implement solutions that meet the business needs
  • Evaluate new technologies and make them operational for production use
  • Support rotating weekend and evening responsibilities
  • You will support of the following technologies: Cisco Nexus 2000, 5000 and 7000; Cisco 3700, 4500, 4900 and 6500 switches; 10 Gig Ethernet; Access-list management; Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network switching/routing; Routing Protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and MPLS; Packet Capture and analysis
Requirements:
  • Significant experience at a senior network engineering level in a large, diverse environment
  • Experience and familiarity with Cisco routing/switching hardware and software along with demonstrating a firm understanding of general TCP/IP routing
  • Multicast routing and switching principles. Knowledge of multi-area OSPF, BGP and MPLS environments
  • Experience designing high performance Networks using Cisco technology
  • Knowledge and demonstrated experience with TCP/IP, Layer 2 and 3 switching, Cisco IOS Experience with Multicast Routing and troubleshooting
  • Proven effective communications and interpersonal skills
  • Working with ticket queue to track tasks and projects
  • Documenting on a Sharepoint site and in Visio all network topology changes
  • Scripting experience
  • Knowledge of operating systems such as Unix and Linux Experience with Network management and automation tools
  • CCNP or higher
  • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree

Last edited:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Drop me a note if these might be of interest!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
... another:

We seek a Service Desk Engineer to join our new Global NOC. As the 1st line Service Desk for all corporate/production/client network issues this role will have exposure to all manner of network incidents. 1st line resolution of calls is a high priority for this newly created global team and as such this position requires an individual who has ambitions of becoming a senior network engineer rather than just a simple call taker. The global NOC monitors and supports the entire IDCO network (both corporate & production) and as such the 1st line role requires someone who has excellent problem solving skills, proven network service desk experience, good client services skills as well as a desire to become an experienced and qualified network engineer (career progression will be encouraged).
The NOC Service Desk Engineer will be a key member of the Global NOC team and will be responsible for 1st line service desk duties including:
  • 1st line call handling for both client, production and internal network incidents
  • Pro-active monitoring of the corporate and production networks
  • 1st line network incident resolution where possible
  • Perform daily scheduled network tasks
  • Escalation of network incidents to 2nd & 3rd level where appropriate
  • Create and maintain network documentation
  • Own & manage 1st line call queues and incidents through to resolution
Essential Requirements:
  • Current network service desk role
  • Solid experience in a similar role
  • Ambitions to become senior network engineer
  • Excellent client services skills
  • Knowledge of Network fundamentals
Desirable:
  • Knowledge of Financial Markets and Financial Market Data
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

We are looking to add a Process Engineer to our newly created global NOC team. The Process Engineer will be responsible for analysis and overall system performance improvement recommendations. The ideal candidate would have solid data analytic skills with technology competencies in technology delivery & support, data centers, and IT infrastructure. Deep experience writing process controls, Methods of Procedure, Standard Operating Procedure, Runbooks, and Quality Assurance documentation. The Process Engineer may lead Service Management topic areas like Change Management, Service Management, or QA, and should be comfortable with Program Management.
The duties and responsibilities of the Process Engineer will include:
  • Research, document, publish, maintain library of NOC policies and procedures
  • Work across all functional groups to continually improve business performance by honing technology procedures and surfacing operational efficiency
  • Manage, document, track Change Control function
  • Author and implement QA policies and procedures for delivery and operations
  • Author and implement Acceptance Testing programs for Delivery and Operations groups
  • Own Standard Operating Procedure document
  • Own Change Management process and procedures
  • Work with NOC management to produce customer facing analysis reports and procedural materials
Essential Requirements:
  • Quality Assurance leadership experience in IT, electrical, or mechanical capacity
  • Audit program implementation
  • Experienced Change Control manager
  • Successful Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity program execution
  • Solid understanding of Linux and or Windows systems
  • Ability to coordinate input from multiple groups around single technologies and/or process flows
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Able to work on a team or in an individual setting
Desirable:
  • ITIL experience
  • Trading industry experience
  • Relevant certifications

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

We seek a 2nd Line Network Engineer to join our newly created European NOC team (part of the Global NOC). The 2nd Line role will be responsible for troubleshooting and handling network requests/issues that are escalated by the 1st line. The global NOC monitors and supports the IDCO corporate/production/client global networks and as such speed of response and efficient resolution is of utmost importance. The 2nd line engineer will deal with network issues that 1st line is unable to resolve and will also have responsibility to efficiently escalate issues to 3rd line where appropriate. The team has a can do attitude and this role is for someone who has a desire to progress their career as a network engineer.

The NOC 2nd Line Engineer's responsibilities will include:
  • Identifying and resolving complex data networking problems utilising structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools
  • Making decisions requiring analytical, interpretative and evaluative thinking; decisions may not conform to established patters; may oversee decisions made by others
  • Monitoring all networking infrastructure to ensure service level agreements
  • Providing customer technical support and escalation
  • Continually analyse and suggest improvements on network performance and design
Essential Requirements:
  • Current 2nd line network engineer role
  • Significant years experience in a similar role and in a similar environment
  • Experience in Multicast in a switched/routed network
  • Sniffer Tracing of Data Networks
  • In-depth knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, firewalls
  • Understanding of Data Centre technologies
  • Understanding of securing local and remote networks
  • Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
Desirable:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

We seek a 3rd Line Network Engineer to join our newly created European NOC team (part of the Global NOC). The 3rd Line role will be responsible for troubleshooting and handling network requests/issues that are escalated by the 1st/2nd line. The global NOC monitors and supports the IDCO corporate/production/client networks and as such speed of response and efficient resolution is of utmost importance. The 3rd line engineer will deal with the most complex of issues raised and be responsible for architectural and in depth design problems. The IDCO network is rapidly expanding and improving and as an experienced network engineer this role will play a significant part in the support and on-going development of the infrastructure.

The NOC 3rd Line Engineer's responsibilities will include:
  • Identifying and resolving complex data networking problems utilising structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools
  • Making decisions requiring analytical, interpretative and evaluative thinking; decisions may not conform to established patters; may oversee decisions made by others
  • Monitoring all networking infrastructure to ensure service level agreements
  • Providing customer technical support and escalation
  • Continually analyse and suggest improvements on network performance and design
Essential Requirements:
  • Current 3rd line network engineer role
  • Current Cisco CCIE qualification
  • Significant experience in a similar role and in a similar environment
  • Experience in Multicast in a switched/routed network
  • Sniffer Tracing of Data Networks
  • In-depth knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, firewalls
  • Understanding of Data Centre technologies
  • Understanding of securing local and remote networks
  • Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
Desirable:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bored yet?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

We seek a Computer Operator to join the Production Operations team in London. Reporting to the Production Operations Manager EMEA, Global Production Operations is responsible for the first level monitoring, alerting, diagnosis, fixing and escalation of any production impacting incidents according to departmental policies and procedures.

Key Responsibilities:
  • Adhere to strict Incident Management processes
  • Ensuring that production schedules are met and that all instances out side of these are reported in a timely manner
  • Ensure that all instructions pertaining to areas of responsibility are performed
  • To notify the Shift Leader of any operational problems including failures of systems software, hardware any individual jobs processed
  • To develop their own system knowledge of all operational procedures
  • Be able to identify problems and make correct callout across all platforms
  • To record in the appropriate locations, accurate details of production and service outages, system downtime, and hardware maintenance procedures undertaken
  • To record all information as required using the incident management procedures
Requirements:
You will be educated to A-level or equivalent, with team-working experience and you will also be PC literate. You will be able to work shifts, including days and nights, weekends, bank holidays and religious holidays. You will be confident and assertive, with excellent time management skills and will be able to prioritise and multi-task. An understanding of the financial markets is desirable as is experience with the Linux operating system.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gah. Not up my street.

I really should start looking for work - but I'm loving not working at the moment :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Also Jup, you suck. Who is your company and how much do these roles pay? Posting job ads like that is exactly why no one likes recruiters.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also Jup, you suck. Who is your company and how much do these roles pay? Posting job ads like that is exactly why no one likes recruiters.

Yep, I do :)

Company is a large market data provider, but not Thomson Reuters or Bloomberg. Pay won't be great, but they are trying to hire people quite agressively which might have a bearing if there is a good candidate.

And... yes, I know people hate recruiters, I'm amongst them, but I'm also painfully aware that there are large numbers of people out of work right now, and the finance sector has been one of the hardest hit... just getting this info out to our fellow Freddys.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Interactive Data

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Nothing worse than a company that wastes your time making you apply before telling you it's shit wages IMO.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I think you should market the first job as the below and offer a similar office to go with it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm starting a buisness, need models for my cup-cake business please, it will involve you holding cupcakes as I take photos.

Must be middle aged and fat

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Christ. The "Essential" stuff for those roles is nuts. Precisely why I'm finding it impossible to break into the I.T industry. Even at entry level positions they want qualifications and experience. Well I've got the experience but not the qualifications. I can't do computer courses or anything because I don't do structured learning. Everything I know about computers is self-taught.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Christ. The "Essential" stuff for those roles is nuts. Precisely why I'm finding it impossible to break into the I.T industry. Even at entry level positions they want qualifications and experience. Well I've got the experience but not the qualifications. I can't do computer courses or anything because I don't do structured learning. Everything I know about computers is self-taught.

Welcome to my world 10 years ago. But you don't have to do structured learning. Find a prometric or Pearson VUE center near you and sit the tests outside of a learning structure. Find some (pirate) practise tests (bay) online, do a load and you'll get to know your weaker points. Brush up on them and then sit the exam. No classrooms, No structured learning.Ohh yeah ProProfs

Sorry Hijacked a bit. So back on topic. Londons a bit far to travel from Birkenhead. Some of them look intresting.

Poag

m00?
Sadly Jup can't post salaries as the jobs aren't working for him :p

Also Jup presence will not be a perk of your job as hes hiding somewhere else in the building doing.....noone knows!

You will however be sat about 10 meters behind me....behind a nice thick pane of glass......wont that be lovely? :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

The world is awash with people who have both the experience and the qualifications, employers don't want to fuck about seeing if someone who claims to know it all, does know it all.

It amazes me that people who want to work in an industry that requires specific knowledge don't go out and get the qualifications that prove that they have that specific knowledge.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*looks at thread*

*looks at clothes*

I think the cynicism of this thread just spilled all over my clothes o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom