My Cat Ethan :-(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I took Ethan my cat to the vets this morning because he has not been himself the past week, staying in when he is usually out and eating food constantly yet loosing weight. After 45 seconds of diagnosis I was informed that he had a tumour that was un-operable and that I should have him put to sleep.

He was only 2 years old and the vet said that it was very uncommon, I dont get very emotional when it comes to bad personal experiences with fellow people, but when my pets are concerned it breaks my heart. Cried my eyes out for about 30 minutes in the vets the must have thought I was mad.

Gonna miss you buddy :-(

http://www.calaen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Ethan.jpg

P.S. if you suspect anything is up with you're pets get them checked out.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Felt the same way when my Dog got put to sleep, but for reason i dont get so emotional over family dying..

wierd :(

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Unlcuky, stuff like this happens,

My dog, 3 year old Dachshund (sausage dog) incurred a spine problem which usually happens to dachshunds of age 10+ and he had to have lots of extreme surgery, he had 2 lots of it but he is ok, although he will never be able to walk the same, he just walks with a limp now :p

Nullifidian

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear that dude. It sucks when you lose a pet. :(

My 12 year old Staffy is like a little brother or something to me. :)

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
He looks just like our cat :( He had an accident not too long ago and we weren't sure if he was going to make it so I kinda know how you feel.

/hug

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
A pets like a member of the familly ;e

Sorry to hear it mate.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Damn...

I`m very sorry to hear that. He was sucha lovely cat. :(

Losing a pet is as painful as losing a close friend of beloved one. I`ve lost quite number of pets in my life and each time it nearly broke my heart.

I know it might not help you and I know it might be considered sickly sentimental by some... but clicky

/hug

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Really sorry to hear :( I'm sure I'll be very sad when my kitty dies too.

- English -

Resident Freddy
aww remember when my pets had to go :( its soo sad

I seem to have a weird feeling that I dont mind punishment to humans, but when pets/animals are involved I get all angry.. any1else have this?

Lothoras

One of Freddy's beloved
- English - said:
aww remember when my pets had to go :( its soo sad

I seem to have a weird feeling that I dont mind punishment to humans, but when pets/animals are involved I get all angry.. any1else have this?

yep... cus humans do so much crap that they prolly deserve it, but these cute animals havent done anything bad in their entire life... (atleast nothin big lol) :<

im sorry for your loss Cal. cat didn't deserve this :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
that hurts. :(

My cat got ran over right outside my house a couple of years ago and I found him when I was about to leave for a Halloween party with the kids.

That hurt. Buried him myself in the garden the next day, poor sod. He was only 2 as well

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Was the cat put to sleep allready?

'cause if it took 45 seconds to say it's unoperable...i'd want a second opinion from a different vet.

Friend was told her cat was gonna have to be put to sleep, another doc said the cat would be fine. And it was.

Always get a second opinion.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
:< sorry to hear
i never feel anything when people die really... like grandparents, but whenever my cats die gets me down and i tend to cry
last year i lost 2, one was 15 and the other only 2..
hope you feel better soon

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for your loss mate, that seemed to be one cuddly cat :(

Rip Ethan

- English -

Resident Freddy
im not gonna check this forum for some hours, i see this thread and it makes me upset as i rememebr mine :(

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Cheers for the posts everyone, cheered me up alot.

Tohtori, while I made a quick decision I made my mind up because he was not actually in any pain yet, I would have hated to done anything to cause him pain he was such a little fecker :-(

Missing him already when I go to the fridge and he isnt screaming his ass off for chicken and ham.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
My Boa, who I've had for about 22 years, had to be put down last week.
Always sad to see them go; as they'll always be missed

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aww Cal im so sorry,

pets are probably better than people because they dont critisize you or hurt your feelings,
they dont let you down or lie to you,
they may occasionally crap on your clean laundry or share the odd flea or seven hundred and twenty four
but when it comes to making you feel loved and special, or just bringing a smile to your face when you have the blues there is simply nothing that can compare.

whenever i've lost pets it always hurts but after a while the pain goes and you just feel lucky to have been part of their lives for some time, though sadly the time is usually far too short. I always tell myself after i lose a pet "thats it next time im getting a tortoise!!"

/hug
xxx

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear that :<

I saw a dead hedgehog today, guts etc. splattered all over the road, upset me even though I never knew the thing.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I got two kitties aswell and the last time the crazy one didn't come back home for a week I was very anxious I can tell you :(

It's really a bad thing when a pet dies, cause yer, as said already, they're like family members.

So sad, makes me worry every time I hear something like that, I feel so sorry for you :(

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry to hear that mate :( I feel for you. If my cat died I would be very very upset :(

I hope you feel better soon mate.

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Know the feeling, a few years back my cat got some big lump on her stomach(sp?) and as i thought, it was a tomour. But the most shity thing about this was that when the vet was going to put her to sleep he injected her with that shit they use and put her on the table but dont you think that fucking moron used a to small dose. So my cat started screaming and ran around trying to get out of the room and him after her and by force taking her again and gave her another shot witch ended it. I've never been so close to litteraly killing a person as of then. I was so pissed of. She lived for 8 years.

Hope you feel better m8

Delket

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry to hear, we have a pair of cats, one of which is mine (Or as anyone who has cats knows, im hers). Shes only about 2 and id be truely gutted if anything happened to her as the love she gives is so unconditional aside from that odd bit of food.
I know you wont want to think about it right away but definitely look towards getting a new one, it'll never replace your older pet but it'll remind you of the good times.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
My pair of cats are both 7 now and it has to be said, I'll be absolutely devestated when the time comes...

The love, affection and little quirks each have is a wonder to behold and gives me something to smile about every day..

OMG I'd depressed now... *&$% sitting at my desk finishing off some vital piece of work that has to be done, I'm off to hug my cats...

I'm truely sorry for the loss, they may not quite be human but that doesn't make it hurt any less :(

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
u just cant set parameters or put a limit on grief.hard for a heart not to be touched by a constant companion.human or animal.

'Love is Eternal...when someone we love is gone. The memory lasts forever...in our hearts the love goes on'

though the physical presence is gone no one can ever take away the thoughts feelings and memories u have of the time u had together.
remember the good times u had and be secure in the knowledge that u did what u felt was for the best.
when u care that much it just doesnt feel right to draw out suffering for extra time when u could have eased their pain.

one of our cats was diagnosed with cancer but we decided to leave it to the last moment to help her pass away.didnt want to make the decision to 'take' her life. unfortunately before we could take her in she collapsed and died alone. the way she looked and the position i found her in was awful, it must have been painful and distressing and for a long time i regretted that i could of saved her that as her last memory.
better to love them enough to let them go then hang on and be left with regret.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Calaen I have been through similar things with our dogs twice in the last 4 years, you have my heartfelt condolenses bud. I find animals dying affects me far more than people, I just have alot more empathy for animals than I do for stupid humans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom