My bad spelling!

L

lurilove

I just want to say to you all that have in the past commented on my spelling. I can not really help the bad spelling as i am having difficulty in forming sentences and spelling coreectly.
Why i am telling you this is because i have seen what you have said in the past and it has upset me.

im just letting you know..

Odarallo

A

Apathy

Originally posted by lurilove
i am having difficulty in forming sentences and spelling coreectly

There's a box you have to tick when you register on Barrysworld, agreeing that the above will apply at all times. Don't worry. Don't cry.

a.

L

lurilove

im not crying i just get hurt because it is hard as it is.
But thanks for your reply :)

L

Lumikki

Some people can't understand that english isn't everyones prime language :/

xx

L

-Lillo-

i'd quote Samuel jackson, but I wouldn't want to hurt anyone ... :rolleyes:

A

Ala

www.dictionary.com

Hint: Add to favorites in your browser :p

It also has a Thesaurus and Translator, however the translator is teh suckass and impossible to understand what the hell is being said unless it translates to simple words like; f*ck, p*ssy, c*ck...etc .. then at least u know what the gist is ;)

edit: forgot to mention.. if English is not your 1st language, pants off to you mate! Your writing is understandable so don't worry too much :)

F

FeraMcFlurry

im not crying i just get hurt because it is hard as it is.
But thanks for your reply :)
I'm shite at spelling aswell, wanna form a club! :)

L

lurilove

Well sadly english is my main language.
Just im poor at forming sentances and getting correct spelling.

L

Lumikki

Mild form of dyslexia? Seems pretty common among the english speaking people I've seen.

xx

C

Conchabar

I just want to say to you all that have in the past commented on my spelling. I can not really help the bad spelling as i am having difficulty in forming sentences and spelling coreectly.
Why i am telling you this is because i have seen what you have said in the past and it has upset me.

do not care about ones spelling as this is bw :) spam 4 t3h w1nz0r

L

lurilove

Ohh please give me a break.

I read through the post and there is lots of good ones but i come and see some that are not nice. Please if you have dificulty in something i do no laugh.

Thanks again...

Luri

W

Whisperess

Honestly, all posts ( except maybe lillo's, but that's probably said with tongue in cheek ) are nice ones.

It's not easy for everyone, doesn't make you less of a person. Probably a mild form of dyslexia as Lumikki said - nothing wrong with that - lots of people have that.

We aren't laughing at you mate. The jokers are just trying to cheer you up :)

T

tisme

Well I'm English too and on the whole I'm useless at spelling...ask anyone I chat too.
But hey, u cant be purfect at everything :p

W

Whisperess

ahh rite i see , lol im so silly at times :)
probably just because you get people complaining about your spelling, which is something you can't really help - and thus it's undeserved. That has a tendancy to put the receiver of that undeserved complaining ( in this case you ) in a defensive stance - seeing any comments around it as critiscism etc.

Just normal human behaviour :) You're sick of people complaining about your spelling ( as you have a hard time as it is ) - and automatically see comments about it as negative.

You're not being silly, just human :)

F

FeraMcFlurry

Ohh please give me a break.

I read through the post and there is lots of good ones but i come and see some that are not nice. Please if you have dificulty in something i do no laugh.

Thanks again...

Luri
lol-i can bet u as much as u like, that in every1 of my posts-ive got spelling errors, and english is my main launguage 2

L

lurilove

what is dislexia?
Surley i would now if i have it no? and how i now if i do?

B

BlitheringIdiot

My brother wasnt aware he had dyslexia until he was 15. Damini (one of the mods here) didnt find out she was dyslexic until 18 or something.

When you look a big pages of words, do they go fuzzy and blur a bit? Do you forget how words are spelt but know that you know?

Dyslexia is a weird thing, my brother has amazing memory, yet he cant remembe rhow to spell. Odd really.

K

kameh

I wouldn't worry too much about bad spelling if English isn't your first language. It's amazing how many "English" speakers can't spell as well as the dutch :D

Blame mobile phones "4 the bad speling" myself.

L

lurilove

well i spell mistakes alot and forming sentencs is also bad..many times when i not paying atention. but reading and all is hard as i can not pronounce words that are big. but when i read myself they are ok. only when it out..

Well thanks anyway.

Luri

F

FeraMcFlurry

what is dislexia?
Surley i would now if i have it no? and how i now if i do?
It is when sum1 has difficulty reading stuff and has difficulty saying long words-and also some dislexic ppl have a stutter

B

BlitheringIdiot

well i spell mistakes alot and forming sentencs is also bad..many times when i not paying atention. but reading and all is hard as i can not pronounce words that are big. but when i read myself they are ok. only when it out..

Well thanks anyway.

Luri

Does your school have a learning difficulties teacher? If so go and see him, I think you might be dyslexic. My brother gets 30mins extra in all exams (GCSE and Alevel) and he gets a laptop. Plus huge leaniancy on deadlines with text based homeworks, such as english essay writing etc.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Does your school have a learning difficulties teacher? If so go and see him, I think you might be dyslexic. My brother gets 30mins extra in all exams (GCSE and Alevel) and he gets a laptop. Plus huge leaniancy on deadlines with text based homeworks, such as english essay writing etc.
:eek2: I am so going to fake that. A laptop in school? 30 minutes extra in exams? Imagine the possibilities... :D

A

Ala

Originally posted by Ala
..if English is not your 1st language, pants off to you mate!

^ That's an ancient Australian VERBAL complement ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by FeraMcFlurry
It is when sum1 has difficulty reading stuff and has difficulty saying long words-and also some dislexic ppl have a stutter
A stutter is a speech impediment, having dyslexia is a problem with reading, 2 totally unrelated things.

Being dyslexic myself, I have fought off a stigma placed with it for many years. The only time a dyslexic "stutters" would normally be when made to read out loud, and the word they see does not make sense. Therefore they stumble trying to get the word to form.

From my own experience, I sometimes (not as much now thanx to a lot of help) see words or even whole sentances as a jumble of letters that dont string together. Its almost as if your brain doesnt want to see them in order, and jumbles them up before you get chance to process them into a sentance.

However, this does not make a dyslexic a bad speller. In my case normally i can spell very well indeed, i can normally type words well, its just the reading side of things I have problems with, and most of my errors in typing are due to lack of concentration and not my affliction. Even reading this back will produce one or two problems, but writing it seems very different.

Bad spelling is normally down to the individual, one tip here if you feel that consious about it, type it out in word and use a spellchecker. There are also spell checkers out there that work in explorer, its worth looking around for.

A

alme

Originally posted by FeraMcFlurry
I'm shite at spelling aswell, wanna form a club! :)

i woulda gone with a question mark ;x

Users who are viewing this thread