my 2 pence worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Well i feel the success of world of warcraft is due to them doing everything in house. They update things alot they give information out they have game forums so player can outlet their problems for the game makers to read.

Warhammer has got so much to offer but i feel it wont reach the same levels because.
Europe customers being subcontracted out to a company that doesnt seem to have pride in its work.
They have a job todo and they only just seem to scrape through. EA should have known better they are big enough to do everything involved and do it right.

If blizzard can why cant EA . even though i hate wow just for its lack of play that i enjoy , you have to admire how much they try to give the customers and their website has mor ethen enough to read when the servers are down.

Ive looked at the goa web site many times hoping it was going to change but alas no . takes 5 mins to read it all and thats it. And why dont they have a goa community forum so you known issues will be looked at. so at least we as customers feel like we mean something

so after my short rant the main question is .

Why did EA mythic hand over europe to Goa and not keep it in house do they feel europe is a possible loss

JeevesFan

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with you that it was a mistake going outside their own house for Europe. This in and of itself has nothing to do with GOA or their level of performance, it's just pure logistics. If everyone works for the same company and shares the same backbone, everything is easier and more flexible.

I think Mythic did the deal with GOA because at the time they were not expecting to get much or full support from EA, and didn't have the resources to operate on both sides of the Atlantic themselves. Or maybe someone at EA crunched the numbers and figured out that even with possible customer complaints, outsourcing would be the better deal for them.

Ultimately I guess it comes down to money. It usually does.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Why did EA mythic hand over europe to Goa and not keep it in house do they feel europe is a possible loss

I dont think they did? I think the contract for GOA to hold the Euro servers was done early in the development of WAR before EA bought Mythic Entertainment. As for official forums, i think they have more cons, mostly the constant whining and people discriminating based on who you are, than pros. However i am with you with how a lot of the announcements need to be made on the website, this goes for Mythic too although they seem a lot better at it than GOA.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie

EA Mythic don't have a European office and setting one up would cost more than it would do to outsource the work.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just hope for GOA's sake that they get the open beta right and the release right otherwise a lot of DAOC folk who don't like them as it is won't hang around they will go to the US servers asap.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
i'd personally like to see people who don't like them to go to US servers instead of posting whine threads here :kissit:

Aada

Part of the furniture
i'd personally like to see people who don't like them to go to US servers instead of posting whine threads here :kissit:

Whining about whining?

Irony at it's best.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Not really. I don't have anything against all whining in general but in this case if you don't like GOA then stfu and give Mythic your money instead. You're not being forced to stay with them.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As previously stated, I'll not put up with doom-mongering in this forum when you haven't actually got anything meaningful to moan about. I'll be handing out warnings soon, then bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom