MW pwnage

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I was thinking about a golestandt grp of 8 using MW to kill him

2 ice wiz with mw3+, rp, moc and mebbe purge, dunno yet.
2 clerics with bof+rp and such.
1 sorc with mw3+ and 50% cold debuff and stuff
theu with mw3+ and 6 sec pbt (heard that theu nukes also pwn him)
2 50 shield palas with abit mob, and fh both of em. (i might wanna try making one of the palas 50 shield/39 parry/12 slash/rest chants (cant remember how high chants then go)

so was thinking if people could give feedback on it, mebbe sign up if they wanna to try it.

and would fire be better than ice vs. golestandt?

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Ice > Fire for damage, however, ranged DD's > PBAOE survival wise, think Gole is 100% heat resistant, I'm not sure.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Good luck finding you casters with those specs, MW3/RP/MoC/Purge is RR8 at least and Albion isn't exactly overflowing with high RR casters these days :(

Path

Fledgling Freddie
WTH do you want your casters to have MoC? oO You expect it to work versus Gole? GL :p At any rate, just to have MW3/MCL2 and RP you need RR 6.9; add Purge and you're up to 7.9, and add MoC and you're up to 9.3. So, GL HF ;)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
yeah well... said mebbe purge, i want moc if the dragon turns towards em :eek:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Huntingtons said:
yeah well... said mebbe purge, i want moc if the dragon turns towards em :eek:

No purge and you are stood stunned till MW3 runs out if you manage to get it to 25%, no Det in the group so Goldie would eat all 8 before the stun wears off. Goldie is a nasty mofo and all the AE has is plain scary :)

Gombur Glodson

Fledgling Freddie
tbh I dont think you will be able to kill gole before MW runs out and after it does you're fucked ;i

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We are not trying to rain on your parade btw, it is a nice idea but will be extremely difficult to setup and even harder to pull off due to all the tricks Goldie has. Regardless, good luck with it :) I would kill to see the video if you pull it off :)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
MoC is not a 100% chance of success to cast, it's a 100% base chance of success to cast. Enemy level gets factored in against your level dropping that 100% lower afaik.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
would more ice wizzies help doing it then?

and does golestandt have another resist table than cuuld and Gjal

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
he appears to be ~80% resistant to all forms of magic, hence a debuffer is required if you really want to do this with MW...

body sorc
ice wizards (pbae)
theurgists with quite high ice spec (using baseline nuke)

As people have said above, GL finding many ice wizards able (let alone wanting) to go MW3/RP(+MoC/purge) to kill gole a couple of times...

Also i'm not sure how you expect to deal with the PBAEs at 90/50/etc/etc% MW3 only lasts 1 minute and if a PBAE wipes your MW3 casters you're in a bit of shite?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
ofc you are :x but why do people mention it? the plan is not to fail but to succeed :<

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
I think it does sound okay to respec your caster to whatever realmspec for killing dragon a couple of times, I think you get more RA stones than you need after that.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
yeah, then i got one, but FGS! i didnt say i got the grp, i said that this was a possible grp setup, try read instead :< or stop spamming meaningless :puke:

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Why not spirit cabbie + air theurgs + necros, or spirit cabbie + body sorcs? That's more like how the mids did it (they were 14 btw, I think).

Speaking of necros, albs don't need MCL2/RP for this sort of thing ;).. That lowers the rr requirement quite a bit.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=5998

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=4269

Read the couple of threads on the MW Dragon Raid Threads. It gives the specs we are currently using and the tactics.

Its actually not the hard to kill the dragon. Best to go for 1 debuffer type (ice in midgard), get all the casters firing from range. PBAOE is a bit dangerous since one stun, cripples the raid.

Even when we didn't manage to kill the dragon on our early fact finding sessions, half walked out of the lair alive, since once MW3 is down, there is no need to carry on.

So use range attacks.

Monday night we did it with 13. 2 healers, savage, runie casting Group BT and 9 casters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom