MW Dragon bashin'

Chilly

Balls of steel
Im organising a raid to go and own the dragon using only a sorc(me) for ice debuff and 10 ice wizards. ALL wizards need to have Majestic Will II or better to attend. If completeed sucessfully all wizards attending will have their respec payed for (from the 2-3 stones+lewt each) and end up in profit.

What i need to know is how many (r5+ for MW III) ice wizards are willing to respec for a series of dragon raids?

If you are interested in joining please state names and RR below.

If you are RR5 it is probably best to go with MW II MCL MoM etc.. but if you are higher rr, 6-7+ then MW III and MCL/RP etc would be even better.

The dragon can be killed with only 10 ice wizards +support thats 50 respec stones phat lewt + remains between 13 people. Profit speaks for itself. Raid time and date tbc atm, im just gagueinng interest :D

Chilly!

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
Sign me up. RR5L2 ice wizard with an RA respec stone ready to change to MW. I can either get MW3 or MW2 with mcl and some passives.

Xplo

Banned
I Sign Up For Cleric!!!!!!!!!!!

got:
-mcl 2
-bof
-purge
-raging power
-augmented acuity 2

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
you don't need ice wiz with fotm ras to do it in 10 :)
but gl

Chilly

Balls of steel
asha: you do if you want to finish the raid in under 30seconds ;)

also they changed the encounter code so u need 3fg+ now minumum if tanking

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
rofl
we did it tanking wise with 1.5fg so ur facts are based on shit :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
is that since the new patch frostor? and were youusing petspam? Cos if you were using petspam then u had more than 1.5fg of attackers so my facts are not based on shit.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
is that since the new patch frostor? and were youusing petspam? Cos if you were using petspam then u had more than 1.5fg of attackers so my facts are not based on shit.
they still did it on 1.5fg ppl this patch.
tho i think it took about 40mins or so.

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Chilly said:
pet spam pisses the dragon off no end, spamming theurg pets turns lair into a mini version of viet nam with napalm all over the shop
;)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
hi my names herbal whenever i speak bollocks comes out.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Herbal said:
pet spam pisses the dragon off no end, spamming theurg pets turns lair into a mini version of viet nam with napalm all over the shop
;)
err. no it doesn't ;)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
oh the myths surrounding our dragon :)

yes we did it this patch, I think our theurg was staffing him but not sure too.

This could be fun to see and I think alot of ppl will be respeccing to this to make toa better anyhow. GL :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Chilly said:
also they changed the encounter code so u need 3fg+ now minumum if tanking
They attempted to change it - doesnt mean they actually did ;)

Exactly the same tactics as before 1.65 appear to still be viable. 3 tank groups hitting dragon works just fine. 2 tank groups with a few necros etc giving power works just fine too.

Take a look at the dragon raid sticky thread. Those groups are not all using large numbers of people - most using 2-3FG and having no problems at all.

Pin said:
err. no it doesn't ;)
If theres pets in the lair attacking the dragon its not unusual to see glare messages with no name attached - when it decides to glare at pets. Pets clearly havent the sense to run away (and in the case of theurg pets theres nothing you can do to get them away) resulting in PBAE from dragon which is rarely pretty.

Assuming youve 2-3 tank groups hitting him pets are NOT worth the risks.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
RR5 Ice Wizard, got respec stones spare so can respec MW2 when required, char names in sig :cheers:

Chilly

Balls of steel
Rushie said:
RR5 Ice Wizard, got respec stones spare so can respec MW2 when required, char names in sig :cheers:
boshank. Thats 6 so far including a mates account iv "appropriated" for this occasion ;)

bye bye goldielox!

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm what does MW do? :D
... Seems awfull cool to take out the dragon with glasscanons only :eek7:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
Hmm what does MW do? :D
... Seems awfull cool to take out the dragon with glasscanons only :eek7:
active RA costs a lot but every 30 mins and lasts 1 min

it basicly lets casters land spells on a level 90 mob 80% of the time instead of the useual 0.1% :)

so a cold debuffed dragon is gonna get hit by 250 each pbae, thats quite a bit :)

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Cleric reporting in :p. Got same things as explo said: mcl2, rp, bof, purge, aug acuity2, and some wildhealing soon prolly.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
yeah, considering respeccing my 5l9 ice wiz to MW 3... rather afraid to completely gimp my only viable char out of rvr though :/

but hey, my lowby BB gets more group invites standing afk at apk then my ice wizz, so, maybe i should just play my cleric in rvr then for 3-4 months...

discisions... dreadfull.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
active RA costs a lot but every 30 mins and lasts 1 min

it basicly lets casters land spells on a level 90 mob 80% of the time instead of the useual 0.1% :)

so a cold debuffed dragon is gonna get hit by 250 each pbae, thats quite a bit :)

Omg that rox! Thx for the info dude :cheers:

Chilly

Balls of steel
Muylaetrix said:
yeah, considering respeccing my 5l9 ice wiz to MW 3... rather afraid to completely gimp my only viable char out of rvr though :/

but hey, my lowby BB gets more group invites standing afk at apk then my ice wizz, so, maybe i should just play my cleric in rvr then for 3-4 months...

discisions... dreadfull.
you THINK? m8 your signed up whether u liek it or not :) who cares about gimping yourself? youl get another RA stone from teh raid (probably 2) anyway so u can respec straight back afterards, or just wait til the next day when we do it again :D

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
:p

Chilly, mate,

offcourse i will, just voicing a concern in case everything is going .. wrong.

MW 3, count me in

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well, I (Spirit Cabalist) will soon have MW3 and other PvE goodies if you need a body/spirit (sorc/air theurg) debuffer who can nuke as well. ;)

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
Noted, cheers.

Here wil be my RA's after respec, for the Ice wiz:

Augmented Acuity III
Majestic Will III
Wild Power II
Mystic Crystal Lore I
Mastery of the Art I
Mastery of Magery I
Augmented Dexterity I