Musical guilty pleasures?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Doh_boy said:
Gangster Rap (a selection of Snoops early stuff, some Ice Cube stuff).

It's not music to be ashamed of.. infact those two are really not. Stuff like fiddy cent and eminem though.. :touch:

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
nath said:
It's not music to be ashamed of.. infact those two are really not. Stuff like fiddy cent and eminem though.. :touch:
Gin & Juice? I'd class that as so bad it's funny. It's just now and again I enjoy listening to it. As for eminem, I liked the two from the film that he released as singles. Everything else I'm not much of a fan. As for 50cent the best thing he's done is the first few seconds of in the club. "Hey shorty it's your birthday etc". Quite fun to listen to, the rest of the song sounds like crap.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly I don't know how he got so popular, he's as bad as Mace.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Honestly I don't know how he got so popular, he's as bad as Mace.
I thought it was a bit weird. He was touted as 'The new face of Hip-Hop' and all sorts of gumpf saying he's 'totally different' and 'a whole new direction'. I seriously can see what's so markedly different. Anyone like to enlighten me? Someone here has got to like him.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Well i have been through my collection and at some point many many years ago i found myself listening to Marillion nothing from Misplaced Childhood onwards but I do own Script for a Jester's Tear and Fugazi and I have managed to keep both albums through countless moves and relationships. I do get ribbed repeatedly for having both in my collection (I guess that is the reason I feel ashamed :p), but I do still listen to them :)

Oh I rememeber another dodgy album i had although it is long gone now but I had Euroman Cometh JJ Burnel

Btw Xtro nothing wrong with Plastic Bertrand

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I like Kylies 'Fever' album
I like JTs Justified Album, I own both.

A lot of gangster rap from pre 96, Dre, 2pac, NWA, Westside Connection, Mac 10 etc. 'All Eyez On Me' Is a great album though, not sure if its' a guilty pleasure or not.

Bruce Springsteen is a FUCKING good Lyricist and musician, he's written some truly heartbreaking songs. Such as 'Atlantic City' 'Thunder Road' and well, you know. He's fucking brilliant, and there should be no shame at all in listening to his music. The Boss is awesome. Ok?? Good.

I'm not ashamed of this at all.

Dressy Besst maybe a little derivative, twee, guitar pop...also very samey. I still like 'em though. That's it, probably.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
ok.. so dodgy stuff I own..

well I own a large selection of acid jazz era stuff.

JTQ, Mother Earth, Courdoury epring to mind....

And as for the neds, you're definately getting old, I still listen to em and they're still up there with the senseless things ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I know its ultra-embarrasing but I quite liked All the things she said by TATu :(

leggy

Probably Scottish
Tatu's album in russian is well listentoable.

But throd, tbh, your main guilty pleasure is Marilyn Manson. Admit it!

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
yaruar said:
ok.. so dodgy stuff I own..

well I own a large selection of acid jazz era stuff.

JTQ, Mother Earth, Courdoury epring to mind....

People tree is amongst one of my most played and I don't feel ashamed of that at all

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I got All Saints first album :(

But I was in a relationship at the time.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Well at least no-one has confessed to liking Michelle McManus yet.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Mel C: Reason (Got it last night as it happens for £2.99 due to a local shop closing down).

I quite like most of Timberlake's and Aguilera's last albums.

Daniel Bedingfield - not embarassed by this at all, as I think he's bloody good.

Andrew WK - I Get Wet: Short at 38 mins, but a good laugh.

SugaBabes - I have all 3 of their albums, and have loved them since their first single. Shamone.

Ditto Liberty X.

I like Britney's last 2 singles (although I wouldn't buy them ffs!).

I have Bextor's first album - very good disc. Second album's music is a bit twee so far though.

Enigma: Fucking brilliant, have all their albums bar the last one released.

I have Kylie's Fever as well - the 2 disc version. It's great.

And I also have All Saint's first album too.

:D

Nibbler

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
I got All Saints first album :(

But I was in a relationship at the time.
Yeah but you (probably) weren't held at gunpoint to get it, so it's no excuse! :p

As for me...Enigma and Slipknot would probably qualify.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
I think Sar should do his missus a favor and come out of the closet now :/

Sar

Part of the furniture
Lol

For a gay man I sure know how to sex0r teh wimmin!

I like to think of myself as a music lover - I love most music, regardless of artist or genre. Hence my eclectic musical tastes.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
Eclectic and the jukebox at the Blue Oyster Bar are worlds apart :/

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sar said:
Lol

For a gay man I sure know how to sex0r teh wimmin!

I like to think of myself as a music lover - I love most music, regardless of artist or genre. Hence my eclectic musical tastes.

You're going to have to do better than that to justify Daniel Bedingfield I'm afraid.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
Daniel Bedingfield - not embarassed by this at all, as I think he's bloody good.

lie. If you weren't embarassed by him then you wouldn't be writing about him in this thread.

Sar

Part of the furniture
DENIED.

I wrote about him in this thread because over on BW forums I was slated for saying I liked his music.

Hence why I thought I should mention him here.

:p

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Sar said:
I like Britney's last 2 singles (although I wouldn't buy them ffs!).

Why of course, one must maintain standards. :p

I don't seem to have too much to be ashamed of... I do own a lot of stuff by the Shamen though (Drop, Strange Day Dreams, In Gorbachev We Trust, Phorward, Entact, Boss Drum, Different Drum, On Air, Axis Mutatis, Hempton Manor, UV, Collection and a few singles to be precise) which might count based on quantity if nothing else.

Edit: Noticed Kula Shaker were mentioned earlier. Never understood the problem critics had with Kula Shaker. The whole Indian thing was a bit silly but they were a good band and some of their songs are classics (and their organist was amazing :)).

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, i couldn't resist watching Britneys Video to Toxic, and now that fooking song's in my head!

All i need is a bullet and a gun. :(

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Sir Frizz said:
Ok, i couldn't resist watching Britneys Video to Toxic, and now that fooking song's in my head!

All i need is a bullet and a gun. :(

Or a sledgehammer for your tv.

Will

/bin/su
Back on topic, I have an shameful liking for poppy-punk (Good Charlotte, Bowling for Soup, Rancid's recent stuff), though I'm not ashamed to like Green Day. Kelly Osbourne's "Shut Up" is rather bad, but I like it anyway. A lot of No Doubt is a crime against ska, but some of their tunes are great.

Linkin Park are a bit of a guilty pleasure. I slag my flatmate off for liking them, but they've slowly drilled their way into my head. Reel Big Fish are a truely terrible band, but their cover of Take On Me, while pure cheese, rocks hard.

And I love the Doobie Brothers. All of the songs, not just Long Train Running. People look at me funny when the songs come up on my playlist.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
yaruar said:
And as for the neds, you're definately getting old, I still listen to em and they're still up there with the senseless things ;)

Nooooooooo.... Oh well, cardigan and slippers for me then! Now, where did I put that 'Top Gear' compilation album?

How dare you damn the Senseless Things with such faint praise :) That's made me want to dig out 'Got it at the Delmar' again. Bounce, bounce, bounce...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I masturbate in 7/8 time signature. That means after 4 downstrokes and skip the upstroke and start on a downstroke again. By the time I finish I've peeled my cock like a ripe banana.

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I'm mainly into metal and heavier stuff,but I couldn't help liking Alicia Keys - Falling :(

ReActor

Fledgling Freddie
Derric said:
I'm mainly into metal and heavier stuff,but I couldn't help liking Alicia Keys - Falling :(

I don't think you should feel guilty for liking the lovely Alicia Keys. Cross-genre appeal and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom