[Music] Manowar - Gods of War

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can finally say i've found the best album ever made and probably one that ever will be made. Personally ofcourse.

This is partly because it's just good metal music, but mostly because of my religion.

As some might know, i'm a firm believer in the viking ways of life, and the ancient gods. Think it's called norse religion or some such in english. This album is dedicated mostly to Odin, and as such it actually manages to touch in such a personal level that it just, well, it's hard to even describe. Powerful stuff.

But as i said, it's mostly because of my beliefs and on a very personal level, i know that many wouldn't agree with the music alone. Though as metal, it's very good aswell.

There's one track especially, Blood Brothers, that actually had me welling up a bit. Very very rare occasion that this happens. This is partly because of a very dear friend.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
worstalbumcovers23.jpg

YES!

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Its a great album, my favourite of the year so far.

It's slightly ridiculous is places but their belief and conviction in the music they are playing carries the whole album through. The vocalist has a very powerful voice.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's slightly ridiculous is places but their belief and conviction in the music they are playing carries the whole album through. The vocalist has a very powerful voice.

Aye, those ridicilous parts usually effect most when belief is in it :D

Kinda gives it even more oompf so to say.

Always liked their music, but this new "respect to odin" album just nailed it through.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Good track, might need to look into some more of their stuff actually.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
It's completely mental, but great fun. I play it a lot when I'm MMORPGing, cos it just fits perfectly (though 'Die for Metal', the last track, does spoil the epic mood a bit so I moved that MP3 to the 'Warriors Of The World' album :D)...

I still wish they'd put the original 12" EP version of 'Defender' on CD sometime though...it felt a lot more medieval than the 'Fighting The World' version to my ears. Orson Welles narrations ftw.

Joey1.jpg

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Manowar is just brilliant :), always liked them, thou never had anything religious about it. Its great for rvring and that realm fealing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom