Music Class Love Patch if it ever comes.

Himse

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Ae Mez cast speed is affected by dex..YOU get your facts right.

Dont listen to him! He's not even a minstrel!

Gimpstrel, tis a whole new class for Gamah ;d

<3

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
Dont listen to him! He's not even a minstrel!

Gimpstrel, tis a whole new class for Gamah ;d

<3

And Brownnose is a whole new class for himse? :flame:

Nate

FH is my second home
read my post you nubs! then copy/paste to feedback on mythics website!

Flimgimplin said:
I don't think bards need help in their groupability... give them more things to do by themselves... survival abilities/soloing abilities.
think my post covers solo bards ;o

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Ive played all 3 song classes but hearing what their respective biases are heres my 2p worth.

Skald, add the dd procs to the weapon lines (or just sword) increase one of the dd's to 1500 range rather than the 700 and i think they are pretty solid.
Maybe just a minor (and i do mean minor) weapons skill tweak.
Would like to see the possibility to spec shields but it must be balanced against a loss of another line or possible to go all rounder spec (and is slightly against the bias of the class)

Mincer, without toa they are severly crippled against other classes now, lovely class to play but all the song twisting with a pet is a pain. Agree with the sorc pet comment for ease of use. If they are the defensive class then provide more spec points and allow shield line, that way they can either go stealth or shield or a low mixture of both. I was upset at how they hit like girls (no offence ladies) but it would be personal preference to see them get a WS improvement in addition to the above.

Bards, probably the least lacking currently out of the 3 classes, massive utility but only one viable rvr spec. maybe a celerity song would be nice, much more and they will be op (although if gimps keep shouting at them there will be none left playing the class :))

nowt ground breaking but hey its a free forum :)

<currently on US classic server>

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Interesting thread for me, since i play both a Bard and a skald on Prydwen.

What are peoples view on the current groupability of these classes i wonder?

I ask this because most nights, i find it next to impossible to even get a spot in a pick up group on either character.

My bard especially... even my current guild does not seem to need my bard in rvr now....

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
Yes, lets just give Wardens everything so Hibs dont have to bother with all those other classes :p
Wardens are powerful enough! QQ.

Oooh, and make them a pet class, end regen , some sort of life tap and and.. stealth.

I really like my warden, and from playing him I've realised how crap some of my chars on alb really are. .. Oh and add monster rez to the warden at 15 reju spec and that's game over. Congrats hibs !

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
You can't really say Warden's would be too strong when you slap a celerity chant into the mix - not when Paladins have it now. It might be hard to kill a warden but it takes them about an hour to kill anything too. 'sides, I've never seen many of them running in Hib groups and it'd be nice if there was a reason beyond the RBs to have them in.

I don't agree with Phantomby's ideas to improve skalds. I do think they need more defense but considering they're fantastic to have in a melee group even before you factor in speed and RAs they don't need any more help - not when you're weighing them purely against other music classes at least.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
TBH I'd take cast speed on tunes being modified by dex as a decent fix for bards. Wouldn't mind a 2nd shout or a lower timer on the existing shout (5 seconds would do tbh).

A second form of cc would be ok, but it'd have to be in a line other than nurture or music if you ask me. If bards had high mezz & high stun/root then that'd be a bit too much. Only leaves the healing line to put it in though & it might be a bit hard to get something in there from a 'rp' stance. Bards problem is you need one in a hib group & so they'll always be played & Mythic will say "people play them so they can't be bad!".

Minstrels are timer dumpers & you've got to feel for them as they don't get many groups. Taking cc away from sorcs & give it to mincers (but take away their stealth) might help them, but can you imagine the sorc whine?

Seen the odd skald out, but again they're not 'vital' to a mid group. Thsoe that have hit me generally hurt though ;).

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
RS|Phil said:
I don't agree with Phantomby's ideas to improve skalds. I do think they need more defense but considering they're fantastic to have in a melee group even before you factor in speed and RAs they don't need any more help - not when you're weighing them purely against other music classes at least.

yeah i wasnt trying to say give them all the listed abilities but one or two cherry picked to make them more viable. a 1500 range on one of the dd's wouldnt break the class for an interupt OR a set of dd's on a weapon style as they seem keen on introducing to various classes. The shield style would be more personal preference, rather than a viable balanced introduction.

Thing i found with my skald was that unless i went troll race i was sacrificing damage output (didnt feel as hard hitting as my champ for instance) maybe they on diff damage tables but for a melee hybrid class with dd's and speed i felt norse underperformed very slightly (i hate relying on timers and usually play classic rulesets now).

obviously there is always the advantage of running at someone on speed6 and insta mezzing or dd'ing somone but then the trouble starts as they start to slip behind after the initial suprise attack.

getting a mez off mid fight and side styling (i was usually hammer) still didnt make up for the ovreall slightly lower damage output v other melee'rs (combined with dd's). I found somtimes i would need to kite a fight with snare, heal song then land dd after dd which for the offensive music class felt a lame tactic not to be able to toe to toe.

Maybe i expected too much, this was from a solo perspective not fg, which i can see them doing well with their interupts and a healer behind them.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Erm, no its not... get your facts right b4 postin these comments, neither mincer cast time is affected by dex

lol, dude believe or not but after playing a hang of a lot of minstrel in rvr I am very familiar with the basics of the class. AOE mezz on minstrels is a spell ( i.e you do not need your instrument to be equiped) hence it is affected by dex. Single mezz is a song ( i.e. requires your instrument equiped) hence it is not affected by dex. Everyone who has played a music class should understand the key difference between the two, but hey if you feel like it please continue to argue and prove yourself more ignorant.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
knighthood said:
No its not lolz

Seriously... dude, do you even play this game.

The AE castable mez that Mincers have is modified by dex.

Its easily testable.

go do it.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
The AoE mez didn't used to be affected by dex and cast speed bonus, did it? I'm sure I read a TL report once where the Minc TL asked for it to be altered so it did, and they said no because you can stealth so don't need the boost.

To be honest, I rarely used the AoE mez anyway as it's so poor and you tend to mess up main CC =)

Phantomby, ah ok picking something seems ok. I have to say though that the 1500 range snare always seemed like a fair interrupt for me. My skald could normally close on a caster and drop them before they got anything off using that. I was norse too btw - I know trolls are superior but I prefer how norsemen look :D Overall, I have to say the skald is the best solo melee class I've ever played by a long way. They lakc the defense of tanks and lack the output of dual-wielders (and some of the newer SI+ classes) but they do have more going for them. Plus you can retreat which is something most melee classes can't do. I loved my skald, aside from my buffbot it's prob got the most time /played :)

Gamah

Banned
Sigh....

AE Mez is a spell and is affected by dex, much in the same way as demez is a spell and is affected by dex,

SINGLE MEZ is a song and is not affected by dex, TL's were asking for single mez to be affected by dex, however mythic said no.

Gamah

Banned
RS|Phil said:
Oh no I made you sigh. How sad.

I answered your question so why be a twat?

I was sighing because it's been said several times alreayd in the thread.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I answered your question so why be a twat?

I was sighing because it's been said several times alreayd in the thread.

You're the one being a twat.

You'd answered their questions - I already knew that dex does affect AoE mez - Rather than just call everyone names and infer that they're idiots etc
I was trying to clear up the confusion. I'm fairly sure the confusion did stem from that TL report.

Gamah

Banned
Well if you knew why did you ask a question? I was telling you the AE mez has always been affected by dex.

RS Phil said:
The AoE mez didn't used to be affected by dex and cast speed bonus, did it?

Gamah said:
AE Mez is a spell and is affected by dex, much in the same way as demez is a spell and is affected by dex,

SINGLE MEZ is a song and is not affected by dex, TL's were asking for single mez to be affected by dex, however mythic said no.

The TL Reports have only ever asked for

Reduced Cast time on AE Mez(This maybe where you confusion may be at)
Dex to affect mez song (single traget mez)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
That was a different question!

I know they do now, I didn't know if they did way, way back - when this notorious TL report was posted :) As we both said, the confustion may have arisen there so I raised the point in an attempt to clear it the confusion.

I was never confused.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
afaik

TOA cast bonuses affect mincer cast speed

Dex does NOT!

just to be sure im gonna go on my mincer now and test this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom