Muse - Absolution

X

Xtro 2.0

I denied myself the chance to "acquire" this before it was officially released I bought a copy this week.

I haven't been able to stop playing it, thanks to a cushy job I've got it on right now and will probably play it most of the day.

Its much more complete an album than Showbiz and Origins of Symmetry (I like both of those but they went on a bit).

As a result I've now booked tickets to see them in November.

Anyone else heard it and what do you think?

To people who don't like Muse and just want to post "Muse are shit" etc, then do so if you need to. Music's all about individual taste, and I'd rather fuck the Cheeky Girls than Brian Eno.

M

MYstIC G

Not heard it yet, but from the two singles I've got mixed feelings so far. Love time is running out, not so keen on stockholm syndrome. Caught them live before & have to say was a _little_ disappointed, been much more impressed by bands like the Foo's live.

L

leggy

Have been listening to it for a month now. Having not liked them before hasn't soiled my opinion of this album.

It's pretty fucking good if you ask me.

X

Xtro 2.0

Aye if you haven't guessed leggy Falling Away With You is one of my faves ;)

Meg, I've seen them before live but not for a couple of years. I wouldn't judge the album on those two songs (I like them both though).

My favourites besides Falling Away etc are Time Is Running Out, Sing For Absolution and Interlude.

I can understand why people haven't liked previous stuff (or still don't like them). Personally I like the pomp and overblown stuff :)

J

Jonaldo

I heard Brian Eno gives better head than The Cheeky Girls.

M

mank

I don't have the album because I'm a pauper, but I liked Stockholm Syndrome but I cannot for the life of me get into Time Is Running Out. It sounds good and I should like it, but I just don't.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0

I can understand why people haven't liked previous stuff (or still don't like them). Personally I like the pomp and overblown stuff :)

It wasn't that I didn't like them so much as I didn't like the complete albums they released.

some of the songs on OOS are excellent. It's just that the others are pap. imo of course.

M

mank

I found Showbiz overrated, Origin of Symmetry was quite good but had moments of utter pish but when I saw the live DVD I was blown away.

S

(Shovel)

Obvious Shovel question time: Is it copy controlled?

I do want a copy, but HMV want £15 for a non copy controlled version, but I don't have a Lite-On at uni so it's all or nothing really.

Ta :)

X

Xtro 2.0

I paid £11.99 at Virgin for my copy mate (prob £8 from play.com or something) and no, its not copy controlled :)

S

(Shovel)

Not at all? Good good :)
I shall have myself a copy when my Student Loan clears :)

E

ECA

I got my copy the same way leggy did :clap:

Bloody good album.

Shame i'm not paying a tenner for something that cost under 2 quid to manufacture and distribute.

Now if i could pay a few quid to download it legally, I would.

I like supporting artists, but I'm not going to support the RIAA/music industry who rip off artists with stupidly high fees and produce such fucking crap as pop idol.

O

old.Kez

I'm of the opinion that the only decent track on the album is Time is running out - and thats only good up until about 1:00 in, at which point it becomes an utter dirge, in the same vain as everything they do. Shame really, as the first fifty seconds just smack of funk and potential.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by ECA
I got my copy the same way leggy did :clap:

Bloody good album.

Shame i'm not paying a tenner for something that cost under 2 quid to manufacture and distribute.

Now if i could pay a few quid to download it legally, I would.

I like supporting artists, but I'm not going to support the RIAA/music industry who rip off artists with stupidly high fees and produce such fucking crap as pop idol.

That's the biggest load of fucking pigwank I've read on this forum for quite some time and that's saying something.

S

Sharma

I have yet to buy it, however i think i shall be buying it this weekend, cant wait. :D

S

(Shovel)

Got a copy from Music Zone, fairly impressed. Not sure it has much (if anything) over previous efforts, though Time is Running Out is very good, and Stockholme Syndrone is good for the adrenaline...

M

Munkey-

Damn, its got some catchy tunes on it. None of the flair i liked with Bliss and Citizen erased but still good.

E

Ekydus

How the hell can you even pick a favourite song?
This is by far the best album in my collection and has a very good set of tunes on it.

S

Scouse

I think they're a bunch of whiny, whinging, moaning ****s who drown out a good song with overblown singing style...

RESTRAINT PEOPLE, RESTRAINT! :wall:

/edit: Shit. Can't say **** anymore can you :(

M

mookie

29/09/2003 Album Inlay Error

A note from the Record Company:
Unfortunately, it appears that there has been a number of printing errors on some initial quantities of the band's new album Absolution. The running order for the tracks 'Interlude' and 'Hysteria' have been printed the wrong way around on the back inlay. The correct order is: 7. Interlude, 8. Hysteria.
Also there are various lyrical mistakes inside the booklet*.
These were both manufacturing and graphic design errors beyond the band's control, but we obviously want to rectify this error for all the fans who have bought the album and would like correct artwork.
All future copies of the CD in the stores will be correct, but if you would like to receive a copy of the corrected inlay to replace the existing one please send your incorrect inlay/booklet and your name, address and postcode to:
MUSE Artwork
Freepost SW5581
PO Box 21
London
W14 0BR.

A replacement will be dispatched ASAP. Remember to let us know if you've got the standard CD or the Limited version with the bonus DVD.
*For the correct lyrics please check the updated lyrics page on this website.

interesting, I didnt even notice it on my copy, but thats getting put in a safe place for it to accumulate some value. maybe.

S

(Shovel)

Indeed, I'll hold on to the misprint I think :), I might also get round to watching the DVD too...

S

sunsoar

ive bought the new album but not got round to listening to it yet due to the amount of albums i bought at the same time ( i just cant get the kings of leon and the yeah yeah yeahs album out of my system). Ive seen muse live 3 times now the first time i was a little dissapointed but every time ive seen them they got better and better and id go as far as to say they were one of the highlights of the reading festival for me last year.

p.s hello all tis my 1st post here

L

lumox

I've got some mixed feeling about this album, it has some really catchy tunes but it sounds overproduced.

Going to see them in december, hopefully the tracks will be a lot better without all the studio shenanigans :)

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Best album ive heard in ages.

Its got me listening to their previous albums again too... all quality stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom