Advice Muscle twitches?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've started to notice that I'm getting small muscle twitches in numerous parts of my body, generally it's in my hands (around my thumb), in my calf muscles, above my knee on my right leg and sometimes I feel it in my ribs. I think I've had it for some time, but I've become increasingly aware of it at night time. I'll be lying there and my hand muscle will twitch (not my whole hand...), or my calf muscle will twitch.

This has started to cause alarm that there's something wrong with me, I am generally fit and healthy and I've started getting back into sports regularly (golf, skiing, ice skating and a fair amount of walking). I pretty much panicked about it last night and started to google for it and ended up scaring myself even more, although it does seem to be a pretty common thing but can also be a symptom of very serious diseases. Here's what I'm talking about:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOx_l8kSxQU

I went to see the doctor this morning who ran some basic strength tests which were all fine and she asked some questions about stress and anxiety (between my neighbours, the death of my cousin and redundancy last year, I'd say my stress and anxiety were in overdrive just now). She said not to worry as it was very common, and sent me on my way. She said she'd be worried if I was dropping things, unable to move limbs properly or had weakness and fatigue.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Get it a lot, thigh muscles, face, chest and in my eye when Wazzerphuk is posting.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
try drinking more water...it can be a sign of dehydration.

old.user4556

Get it a lot, thigh muscles, face, chest

How long have you had it Job? I've read some people on the health forums have put up with it for many years.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Yeah, had them just last week. The thigh muscles of my right leg would just twitch and twitch and twitch. Lasted about 5-6 days...
Also had them before and they always lasted a few days to a week
And yes my stress levels were/are pretty high at the moment.
Nothing to worry about, just annoying :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No , only lasts a week or two, but it does tend to spread, leg starts and then a few days later my pec is twitching, i think it must be my body being low on something, they say magnesium..hmm and I've started a thread on bananas...spooky.

ileks

Part of the furniture
My left eyelid went through a 2 month or so phase of constantly twitching. It really got on my nerves but then just completely stopped. Apparently it's a stress thing but I'm not convinced.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Had it in my left eyelid too, from November - February this year. Was a pain in the ass.

Gone now tho :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Worst thing i get is i always get cramp in my jaw/tongue when i make a big yawn when tired.

I go from yaaaaaaawn to aaaggggghhhhhh owowow :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Had it on and off for decades. Seems to be fatigue-related, and in my case, sudden hot environments (snow outside into a room with a fire for example) can get my eye twitching especially. For me its most annoying at night when I can get a quite violent twitch strong enough to wake me up.

I've just added it the list of chronic signs that I'm falling to bits and left it at that; I'm far more annoyed with the incredible pain I can get in my right ribs if I twist or stretch in a certain direction; it can stop me cold for a few minutes and no doctor's been able to tell me what it is (checked for broken ribs and that sort of thing - nothing), and I've had it for about 20 years.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's more likely tiredness/stress/anxiety that is causing it rather than interwebAIDS

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I get it sometimes, in various places. Just one of those things.

old.user4556

Sounds like its affected a few of you the same way, I don't feel quite so bad now.

You're right wazz, look up any illness on the web and it's always "YOU WILL DIE IN WEEKS".

I'm a worrier, really bad worrier, that's the worst part, I wish I could just ignore it.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I get a twitch in my lower right eyelid when I am very stressed. When I do, I know it's time to back off a little. I also have a spot on my right biceps where the skin gets rough. That's my *mild* stress tell, and I have it when work + school starts to pile up a little. Odd: 10 years ago I would have denied the very existence of stress for me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I get some, it usually goes away with some massage though. Usually after seeing some short skirts and such.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Since childhood, completely randomly (usually only once a year thank fuck) I get an incredibly sharp painful stabbing pain in that hollow between my neck, right shoulder and muscles. That bit where you can feel your collarbone. I've no idea what it is, it only lasts about 10 seconds or so each time, but boy does it hurt like fuck.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Putting your symptoms into google can stress you out big time. My dad was taken to hospital over christmas with terrible abdominal pains. After an hour or so on the internet all I could think was that he had cancer. Luckily he didn't, but for about a day whilst waiting for news from the scans I was fucking bricking it.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I occasionally will get a severe twitch of a limb when I'm laying in bed. My arm or legs will twitch really hard. Bloody odd.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You can get them when you have overworked a muscle but you can also get them for no reason at all. I get it in my thigh sometimes but more often its by thumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom