Murphy's Law: Xmas

J

Johnny Bravo

Inspired by SG's thread in the HL forums, I give you this without the ability to cut and paste :D
Possibly more aimed at the those who no longer live with parents ;)

Christmas tree lights never work first time.

The bulb causing the failure will always be the last one you check.

Despite buying a packet of replacement bulbs every year you will never have a spare on to hand.

That extra £20 for "musical lights" always seems like a good idea in the shop.

You'll mute the musical christmas lights within 10 seconds of switching them on.

No matter how much force you use, you'll never get that drawing pin into the plaster board ceiling.

Just as you think the drawing pin is going into the ceiling it will bend over and become useless.

After finally getting all the chains up on the ceiling at least 3 will become unattached the second you sit down.

No amount of books, weights or careful balancing will prevent your tree from falling over in the middle of the night.

Every present you buy for someone will be most awkward, unwrappable, paper ripping shape known to man.

There'll always be at least one present left to wrap when you run out of wrapping paper.

String loops on christmas tree decorations have magical untying capabilities.

The plastic "lifelike" christmas tree will never fit back into the box it came in.

Having boxed and stored everything away for another year, you will always find 2 decorations you forgot about.

:D

M

mank!

Pity it's only the 2nd of December for fucks sake. I know people with their decoration up already, it's crazy.

G

Gumbo

Originally posted by Johnny Bravo

The bulb causing the failure will always be the last one you check.

Of course it's the last one you check, you don't go on checking them once they work, do you?

M

mank!

What did I tell you about being pedantic Gumbo?

*slap wrists*

G

Gumbo

I'm sorry, I just can't help it, and I'm bored.

L

legendario

Re: Re: Murphy's Law: Xmas

Originally posted by Gumbo

Of course it's the last one you check, you don't go on checking them once they work, do you?

No don't be silly.

If we are talking fairy lights....when 1 goes so do many more due to the nature of a serial circuit.

G

Gumbo

Duh!

when one goes they all stop working yes, but if only one has gone and you find it so the whole lot works again you're hardly going to go on checking are you.

L

legendario

Originally posted by Gumbo
Duh!

when one goes they all stop working yes, but if only one has gone and you find it so the whole lot works again you're hardly going to go on checking are you.

I think it means if 10 out of 20 bulbs go it's always the 10th one down the line that is dud.

It's never the 5th one (which would be the last one checked but not the last bulb that had gone)

S

stu

It wouldnt be the last one checked though? Because you'd replace it, go "still not working", and do 6-10.

And if a bulb goes out in a serial circuit, they ALL go out.

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by mank!
Pity it's only the 2nd of December for fucks sake. I know people with their decoration up already, it's crazy.

The house across the road from me has decorations up already...

On the wall they ahve like, 4 of them flashing Bell/Santa lights n shit in their window.

Hmm

J

Johnny Bravo

Some of you people are too clever your own good, relax over the way its written and smile ffs :D

I drove past a house straight out of national lampoon last night, there was a queue of planes circling above waiting for confirmation to land ;)

These people should be strung up by their fairy lights if ya ask me :D

L

legendario

Originally posted by stu
It wouldnt be the last one checked though? Because you'd replace it, go "still not working", and do 6-10.

And if a bulb goes out in a serial circuit, they ALL go out.

They usually consist of more than one serial circuit though ffs.

And if you replaced teh 5th one which was b0rked then they would all come back on.

Y

~YuckFou~

The various sets of lights I have do one of the following:

Either they all go out
Or one light goes out.

Why is it also that no matter how much care you take in packing them they are always tangled when you come to use them?

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by ~YuckFou~
Why is it also that no matter how much care you take in packing them they are always tangled when you come to use them?

Its the pixies.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]

The house across the road from me has decorations up already...

On the wall they ahve like, 4 of them flashing Bell/Santa lights n shit in their window.

Hmm

When I get a digital camera, I'm going to take a picture of the cheesiest, tackiest, most Americanised Xmas decorations in my village.

It makes me cringe, and that's just the outside of their house. They'd had their decorations up a fortnight now...

Y

~YuckFou~

There is a house in our town that is decked in pure "Griswald" style, I will try and post a pic later this month.

L

Lester

same here! Stoke is the tacky, crass, shite capital off the world.

S

Sar

My mother, always has her tree up on Dec 1st, every year.

Yes, it is up already.

:/

S

S-Gray

decorations have been put on hold in this house, coz of the mess n shit of the extension to the house...

probably will be up by the end of the week tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom