Murderball Server..

1Jesta

I'ts simply to promote the 4fought league and its maps, aswell as being a break from the normal 2fort,2fort,well,2fort,well rotations found on many servers, which if im honest I find tedious and boring.

1Jesta

I'd also like to see a bw public tfc server with custom maps like shutdown2,roasted_l,chimkey_l etc etc..
/me toddles off to slap MrBee and Dead.

M

Moön

Originally posted by [SCW]British
What right does MrBee have to change the way a server is run moon ?

He's a BW TFC liasion Brit

M

Moön

Originally posted by +SA+SerialKilla
4fought maps though? Why not BWTFCL maps like openfire_l, shutdown_l etc?

Why use BWTFCL maps when are aim is to promote the 4fought league, that would be just stupid would it not ?

M

Moön

I dont see you coming up with anything other than kicking a few newbs from public servers so why get in the way when someone does actually do something .

Anyhow cheers for the input SK it was very constructive :rolleyes:

S

]SK[

Think ive kicked maybe 3 ppl this year, which is what we want really. I see that anyone you disagree with always seems to be wrong.

/me vows not to post beyond the line

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

Moön

Originally posted by +SA+SerialKilla

/me vows not to post beyond the line

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You gonna move that after every post ?

M

Moön

LOL and I just saw you edit that post about me taking my head out of vuz's arse

M

Moön

This was finished on irc and I think SK has seen the light

M

Mörgoth

Finished or not, I'd just like to be petty and point out that if the 4f server *was* deemed to be a waste, then it would be a waste of hardware, not bandwidth. On a switched network (which I ASSUME bw use ;;pp) each box has equal bandwidth, so not using one connection to the network wouldn't decrease the available bandwidth to the others.

M

Moön

He's right tho, I actually said that myself in a kinda none techy way back somewhere in this thread :)

S

]SK[

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

V

vuz

christ almighty, you sure know how to offend a lot of people SerialKilla - gj. The server was requested when 4F was at its most popular, it was my idea and as BW6 was always empty we agreed to do it solely as a test. BW took a while doing it and the popularity had gone down a bit by the time the server came up, however I have nothing against it as its still a test and it can easily be changed again.

Further more I would like to point out the SerialKilla hasn't a fucking clue about running GSP servers and his continual approach of saying 'put on all the good custom maps from BWTFCL etc' has been done many times and failed many times - there's a place for this kinda server and its called clan servers. SHS and 12M have popular servers because the clan players go there in force as they're newbie free and players are kicked purely for being newbies, we can't do this at BW for obvious reasons and even with a decent map cycle the players that enjoy this kinda map stay on the clan servers which have become popular over time.

So the idea of using 4F maps was something different, looking at popular servers not running the average valve map rotation which are popular:
- TPC concmaps server : popular because of this type of map quickly got popular and its kept up to date with the new releases
- BW hunted server : if you like hunted this is the one euro server that runs it 24/7
- Jolt 32 player server : hardly any mammoth servers around of this size

Looking at that before the above servers were made no one knew how popular they'd be in the long run, and so its the same situation with this server. If it doesn't get any better within a few weeks time it'll almost certainly be changed (or a request'll be made, BW will take some time sorting it).

Further more the TFC liaisons are 100% responsible for the map rotations and as MrBee is a liaison thats his call, not yours - in addition the voting idea is stupid for so many reasons I won't even spend another 20 minutes giving a list.

I apologise for being rude, but thats how I'm responding to yourself, SerialKilla, being rude to MrBee and everyone else involved.

E

eliminator

If it doesn't get any better within a few weeks time it'll almost certainly be changed (or a request'll be made, BW will take some time sorting it).

If its popularity is on the slide then what about promoting an organised event on that server on a particular night, at a guess I'd say that not many of the public players who use the majority of the other servers have the maps for bw(6), maybe this could influence them to get them and get increased interest in the server.

Just a thought mind :)

V

vuz

bloody good idea :eek:

talk to Bee or Dead tho, I'm not even a public admin anymore :) (quit due to RL and following #BWAdmins antics I aint got the time to put up with)

E

eliminator

Hey, I wasn't volunteering, I'm retired (as of now) from any direct organisational duties ;)

But I can raise the idea, and probably will because if it could help the popularity of the server then its got to be a good thing.

M

Moön

If possible auto download on the server might help some people to .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom