Murdaigean Closed.

P

Pwyiw TwoFace

Henceforth, the portal to Murdaigean from Albion is closed. The wizards, having seen the numbers passing through the portal dwindle to fewer than 10 a night, have decided it's not worth the mana anymore.

<sighs>

Tonight, myself, and a few others tried to organise a raid in Murd. It failed. For many reasons.

The main one being that we just didn't have the numbers. The most we ever had there was 10. We died many, many times. We took all the parts we needed, but with LD's these got spread out. We found two defenders arrived eventually. Rieven (/kiss ;) ) and a blue-con dwarf 'zerker. I killed both eventually, and we just kept dying to guards.

When we eventually got the second ram up, 4/5 mids pitched up, probably summoned by Rieven who was most likely facing the same problem we had, people just aren't interested. And they waited and attacked with perfect timing. Everyone but myself and a younger infiltrator died. And that was the last straw. Congratulations on defending your keep, but really, honestly? Don't expect to see us again.

Faralith, friend, guildmate, thank you for your commanding skills. To the Prydwaen Predators that stayed as long as they could, my thanks to you to. Our aim for the night, take the keep, and give Albions a reason to go there. Now? <shrug> I'm not even in the mood to go back where the weakest guards are orange, and they span all the way to purple. Once again, congratulations to Rieven for getting some to finally help you, I can just imagine your frustration.

<waves>
<cries>

R

Roalith

You wouldn't believe who frustrated I was. Not a common thing to happen to me, but I felt like repeatedly bashing my head off the nearest wall... or even keepgate.

I actually kept track of the people that came and went. For those that were there through to the very bitter end (Nightbreed, Sanj, Tinegan, Adreli, Gedan, Lethay, Twis, Judge, and Pellin), my sincere thanks go to you for your fine efforts.

To the other 8 people that either got bored and wandered off back to the Catacombs of Cardova to exp, or 'went ld and couldn't get back'... I won't say anything.

I'm never going back to Murd, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Faralith

Edit: And of course, the Templar's very own Pwyiw and Rolith.

S

Sazyasha

Bored, well that wouldn't be the whole truth, I would have stayed up if work hadn't existed :/

Left at 1.30am due to having to get up for work at 6am, in the end I got 4 hours of sleep.

Regards
Lolth (Cleric ,29) / Nodo (Wiz, 26)

R

Roalith

Sleep is justifiable excuse, hence me not mentioning it :D

C

[Cerebus]

It's a shame guys, I feel for you.

There's nothing worse than trying to arrange something good for the realm and nobody can/wants to show up.

Better luck in the next battleground anyway.

S

Sazyasha

Sary is dinging out of thidranki tonight, 14 more RP :(

1 Kill saved for Tremayne, 1 For Inyoureyes and 1 for Luon, i hope they will give me bout 2rp each, mebbe i can squeeze another couple of casters in there before I'll head to murd :)

P

Pwyiw TwoFace

You won't find any of us there Saryasha. I am already of the 31st season. Will try the next battleground when I reach my 35th. But Murd was a once off attempt that I wish to put behind me.

<bows and fades to a deeper black>

O

old.Greggor

I went there saw one orange (to 28th lvl) armsman mezed him ran off (no way a bard a h2h a armsman) :)

That was it nothing. hug around for about 15 mins, nothing no one, so went back to hib not like thind loads of assassins running around.

No very fun will not be going back no point

P

Pwyiw TwoFace

I believe there are multiple reasons for Murd being dead.

The primary one is that it's quite easy to get a character to their early 20's and kit them out with all the nice goodies your main can get. So you do that, kill a bunch of people, then cap out and let the alt go inactive.

The second, and more interesting one is that the guards in Murd are a unique thing. Now, I've never noticed this anywhere else before, and I'm hoping some more experience people can shed some light on this, but, the archers there CFH when attacked by either scouts or infiltrators, and that every single jarl from the island responds to these CFH.

From my experience in Thidranki, the archers there don't CFH at all when shot by hunters, and since assassins can't climb walls there (I really wonder why they have the bricks sticking out the walls) we cannot test if they CFH when attacked by an infiltrator.

It was just very disheartening when I attacked an orange kobold archer (guard) and it starting screaming for help like a stuck pig, bringing every single guard on the island to our group. I think we were actually outnumberred by the guards, and the weakest there were red to me at my 29th season.

It is quite sad, that in Thidranki, you maybe saw one red guard, a few orange, and mostly yellow. In Murd, some of the archers are orange, some are red. The guards are red, with one or two purple.

:(

What is Caledonia like? Do the archers there CFH?

<bows and fades to inpenetrable darkness>

O

old.Greggor

CFH yep they all do it "we are under siege lay waste to the attackers" etc spams all the time very annoying

D

Danya

Real keep guards do that too, if fact if you're in range to shoot an archer at a real keep all the guards will have already aggroed. Maybe they put that in to prepare you for real rvr a bit more or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom