multiple ld // linkdead

G

galoz

Im suffering from multiple linkdeads for the passed few hours... Cant even stay online for 5 minutes and go LD, All my other internet stuff just keeps working, like radio and normal surfin so its not my isp...

Have had this problem a couple of days now last 2 weeks or so and im not the only one who has experienced this as u can see on my thread in excal general discussion under the same topic...

Whats going on, cos i refuse to pay for sumtin i can hardly use becos of linkdead and major packet loss all the time

B

bob007

Well first things firt, Before we go blaming someone :)

Open dos/command prompt and type the following.

tracert 193.252.123.33

Note this is ip to excal, if you play pryd, get ip from load screen and replace accordingly.
Do this while in game and running fine. Upon Linkdead, tab out and right away repaet Tracert, Best to leave command/dos window open for these tests,

Paste info here :)

N

-Nxs-

The last few times this happened to me - its either a problem with my ISP, or a problem in the path from my ISP to the camelot servers.

You could call your ISP tech line, ask them if anyone else has reported the problem - post your ISP name here and see if anyone else replies with similar problems.

The Tracert is definetly a good way forward tho.

K

KuifJe

I get the same prob since today, problem is that the time out to the server is too short to run a complete trace :\

Seeing I can log on no probs tho (if only for 10 minutes or so) it's not really an ISP prob I think?

B

bob007

Tracert will done 30 hops, If it times out Let it time out, When the 30 hops are complete, The point were its timing out, Is the problem.

W

Whandall

Happened to me this monday. Everytime i went LD i had this entry in the ipsecure log from my router:

UDP Intruder - 192.252.123.50:31001

Never had this before

The port is also not mentioned in the FAQ

PS: I think the lds always happen when i should get the "Your charackter has been saved" msg - Not sure of this

K

Karlo

This has been happening to me for a week now and I cant sort it

Users who are viewing this thread