Multiple daoc installs

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
I like to have 1 client with window mode active and 1 with full screen.

But now when i try to install a second copy of the game i get: Dark Age Of Camelot is already installed, would you like to uninstall?
Press no and the install cancels.. So how do you install multiple copies? Can you download the EU copy and install that?

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Copy your installed version to a new folder. Uninstall DAoC. Install from new, and you will now have 2 versions of DAoC.
This works for having both EU+US on same comp too.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Think i just copied the game folder, changed update.dat (or something) to US en let it patch.

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
What do you write in the patch.cfg to patch EU to US ?? Found a 2 year old thread about it but dosent seem to work like that anymore..

eble

Fledgling Freddie
What do you write in the patch.cfg to patch EU to US ?? Found a 2 year old thread about it but dosent seem to work like that anymore..

here:

Code:
<PatchConfig>
  <Config>
    <Log path="." prefix="patcher" level="4" />
    <ResourceModules>
      <Module name="http" />
    </ResourceModules>
    <PatcherProduct>
      <Product name="EAMythic Patcher" description="EAMythic Patcher" prodfile="patcher.prod">
        <manifestrepos>
          <repo url="http://patch.daoc.eamythic.com:1380/daocpatch/live/patcher/manifest/" />
        </manifestrepos>
      </Product>
    </PatcherProduct>
    <MainProduct>
      <Product name="DAoC Live" description="DAoC Live Client" prodfile="daoc-live.prod">
        <manifestrepos>
          <repo url="http://patch.daoc.eamythic.com:1380/daocpatch/live/daoc/manifest/" />
        </manifestrepos>
      </Product>
    </MainProduct>
  </Config>
</PatchConfig>

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Ty for that.. But it seems i need the update.dat info as well and perhaps even the US .exe to get the US version of the game..

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm,
I've been meaning to spend some time figuring this out since they scrapped the SI client.

Can you do one install, but have two different .exe each referring to a different cfg?

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
Question ... Now that they cancelled the SI client ... Is it possible to run daoc on a lesser machine with a lesser spec ? (For example my laptop used to be good enough for bb account but now that the SI client is cancelled i am afraid i will not be able to run it, since it requires more hw etc etc )

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I know the cata game engine is used in the labby client/version aswell, but i've always noticed that labby runs smoother then catacombs. I ran DAoC on a duel P3 system untill 2008 (ati x1650, 1.5gig of mem) and whas able to duel log aswell.

Anyways, you can set the char's to ToA/old mode, aswell as the old font for names. Should run fine on almost any old system.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
wtf, who uses the new char models? :(
they look retarded

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
wtf, who uses the new char models? :(
they look retarded

as if you use the old char models! they look AWFUL compared to the new ones!

dragon armour looks omgsex! on new models as does ml10 vest!
oooh aika you're still living in the dark ages :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom