MSN crashes/not responding?

Afran

Part of the furniture
So past week my MSN has been going to "not responding" whenever a new conversation windowed is opened (either by me messaging someone or them messaging me), literally only when that new convo box begins. Crashes it for over a minute and appears my brother's having the same issue with no relation to my computer or even house so can only assume it's effecting others; none of my friends though... Anyone else having/had the issue & know a fix? Have used it for years and not had this :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Gladly would, it's shit, but I don't know of a decent alternative Aoln. Not irc/facebook or some similar crap, need a minimalistic thing to keep in such contact with a select few people and like the offline message function.

Gray

FH is my second home
Well you better find an alternative quickly considering Microsoft are going to be turning off Windows Live in March time :p

I think i might end up going over to Skype possibly, not decided.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling, or maybe even rolling back to an earlier version of WL?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
MSN will be merged into Skype anyway, might be just a backlash from that.

Time to move on ;)

Jeros

Part of the furniture
My biggest problem is that people refuse to move to skype forcing me to keep it around.

Thankfully now I can login to it using skype I can hopefully have the webcam functionality in Linux.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Heh, didn't know the service was stopping. Are they stopping related e-mails? @msn, hotmail.com, hotmail.co.uk, etc?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It seems likely that hotmail/etc will move over to the new Outlook.com at some point but that doesn't mean they will kill off @hotmail @live as actual addresses.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think this move had something to do with windows 8 as well from memory.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
MSN locked me out of my account at the start of the week and refuse to let me reset it.

Of course MS don't allow any real customer service (as in, contact a real person in any form) for Microsoft Accounts, so I've now lost an MSN list that's 15 years old.

Fucking cunts.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You haven't lost anything, you big gay; you just need to sign into Skype with your MSN credentials.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm locked out of the ENTIRE account, I can't sign in to ANYTHING.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm locked out of the ENTIRE account, I can't sign in to ANYTHING.
Have you got a separate Skype account? They're joining them and there's some trickery going on at the moment on the account joining.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes, but it was in no way related to my MSN account. Different e-mail addresses etc.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yes, but it was in no way related to my MSN account. Different e-mail addresses etc.
That's what I'm getting at mate, they're letting people link Skype accounts to pre-existing MSN accounts. You might try that as a way to get your account back because afaik they don't need to have the same e-mail addresses (mine didn't).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
MSN locked me out of my account at the start of the week and refuse to let me reset it.

Happened to me. I spammed their tech support boards every hour for about three days and finally got asked to PM one of the mods the details.

I sent them mail headers, address book details and the IP address my mails have been going from - and they reset it for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom