MS Demos Red Ring of Death @ GDC

Yaka

Part of the furniture
much like the BSOD demonstration givegoogelvidn buy bill gates and the Forza demo crash @ Cebit 2005 RRoD on the Xbox 360 is the new bastard child that wont go away for Microsoft. the beeb have a vid of a demo unite with the Red ring of death flashing.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Stick something hot that needs air flow in a small confined perspex box and watch it melt, same happened to the ps3's on launch demo's :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This was not a launch demo though, we are what, 2 and a half years into the 360's life? Those demo stands are well ventilated at the back, it is an embaressment to have it happen in public, even worse that it got reported on.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
This was not a launch demo though, we are what, 2 and a half years into the 360's life? Those demo stands are well ventilated at the back, it is an embaressment to have it happen in public, even worse that it got reported on.

Proper air flow cooling works by drawing cool air from the front, passing it over the components then venting the hot air out the back. You can be 6 yrs in to life and it will still happen, also if you read the reports they don't state if it's old or new xboxes in the stand so stop making stupid asumptions from stupid media posts

They all have bad days

Does PS3 have a heat issue? | gmrblogs

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yes all;l have heat issue, but i my self am on my 4th xbox 360.

i know of peeps who had thier elites with the front fan on RoDD on them as well.
heat is not just the fucking issue the way the mobo is manufactured is mainly the cuase.

and he wasn't making assumptions from media, he just said it was worse that it this incident got reported on

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Read my post properly before making stupid assumptions yourself bob.

Going on personal experience I have had one red ring of death, and have upgraded from a normal 360 to an elite partly because of not wanting to own a box that was out of it's 3 year warrenty period. Not one person that I know on these forums or personally has had a problem with their ps3's. That is very much not the case with the 360. I have not had a single ps3 back at work that has had a heat issue, I have only had one back that was actually faulty, and that was a problem with the A/v connections. I have had to take back or refer to MS more 360's than I can recall.

Like I said, it is an embarrassment, and is a design flaw. It is something that MS should have sorted, and they should not be trying to save money by using consoles with known design flaws as demo units, nor sending them to customers as replacement refurbed units.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
According to one of the comment replies:

That is not the RROD. The RROD is lights 1,3 and 4. That has lights 2,3,4 which is a cable issue. someone just needs to make sure the cables are plugged in properly. EPIC FAIL of a flame thread.

*shrug*

EDIT:
Re post #20, that actually does have lights 1,3,4 flashing red - since the Xbox is in a vertical position.

Ah :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom