Mrs Browns Boys.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone been watching this on the Beeb? - live audience Irish thing ( Not sure if it actually is in Ireland, but there you go ) - it's pretty funny! :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Welcome to the average Irish household :(

The fella who plays Mrs. Brown is Brendan O'Carrol and is in his 60's the blond lady who plays his daughter is actually his 2nd wife and 2 of the actors playing her/his son's are real life son's :p

Confusing

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And I think it's actually filmed in Scotland.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Agree with Wazz. Dreadful bilge of the highest order. Not even remotely funny.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I like it.. the people who don't find this funny are probably the kind of people who only find animals getting savagely beaten by their owns funny. :D

Gwadien

Tis simple harmless humour, obviously has to have a secret hidden elite agenda in order to be funny these days.

Probably the same crowd that think that Monty Python isn't funny, because its cool not to find it funny.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I like it.. the people who don't find this funny are probably the kind of people who only find animals getting savagely beaten by their owns funny.

No, people who don't find it funny have a different sense of humour to you. It's called an opinion. Personally I disagree with Wazz and Lamp, I actually find this sort of comedy very very funny. I'm sure they find some things funny that I wouldn't, yet I also doubt they find animal cruelty funny in the slightest.....

But don't let me stop you making a twat out of yourself.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
No, people who don't find it funny have a different sense of humour to you. It's called an opinion. Personally I disagree with Wazz and Lamp, I actually find this sort of comedy very very funny. I'm sure they find some things funny that I wouldn't, yet I also doubt they find animal cruelty funny in the slightest.....

But don't let me stop you making a twat out of yourself.
Sorry Sarcasm is hard to sense through text I know.. added a smiley :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It actually makes me ashamed of my countrymen.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Tis simple harmless humour, obviously has to have a secret hidden elite agenda in order to be funny these days.

Probably the same crowd that think that Monty Python isn't funny, because its cool not to find it funny.

You moan and bitch about being ganged up on. It's no surprise when you talk in assumption-conspiracy-bullshit mode half the time.

People have different opinions and different senses of humour. It doesn't have to be "high brow" for me to like it; I just need to find it funny. Considering how it doesn't make me laugh, and makes me cringe and itch for the remote I think it's awful.

Gwadien

You moan and bitch about being ganged up on. It's no surprise when you talk in assumption-conspiracy-bullshit mode half the time.

People have different opinions and different senses of humour. It doesn't have to be "high brow" for me to like it; I just need to find it funny. Considering how it doesn't make me laugh, and makes me cringe and itch for the remote I think it's awful.
Look at the description of the 'conspiracy' do you think I was being serious? lol

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's so hard to tell when you're constantly bitching about it.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
To me, this show is up there with Black Books. Immensely hilarious.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's funny because of the character he constructs, the rest of them are just stooges for the jokes and it falls flat when they're given their own lines..except the next door neighbour.
It's almost the Simpsons TBH.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I watched the first ep of the first series, I guess I just didn't get it. I do find Monty Python very funny btw

That doesnt mean it's shit, mates have told me they think it's great, so I may have to give it another go maybe

Gwadien

It's funny because of the character he constructs, the rest of them are just stooges for the jokes and it falls flat when they're given their own lines..except the next door neighbour.
It's almost the Simpsons TBH.
I think this sort of makes it though, as Punishment said before, they're all related, and they've obviously got some relation to make things funnier, like the son who dresses up failed on saying a particular word, that was hilarious, and the latest one, where he asked him to do the little teapot thing

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Watched it once and it wasn't my cup of tea.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Awful shite. I've actually been surprised since I came to live here how little popular Irish comedy I like; excluding the comedians who've already upped sticks to the UK like Dara O'Briain and Dylan Moran, there's only Tommy Tiernan I'd rate from the local comics, and as for sitcoms and comedy shows; Republic of Telly is OK, but I've not seen anything else that I'd set the Sky+ for. Funniest thing on Irish telly is actually the football (soccer) commentary.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Father Ted > all other Irish comedy.

Mrs Bown's boys is harmless enough and I do chuckle a bit when watching it. Does become a bit predictable after watching the first series.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Father Ted was Channel 4.

So? It was made by Irish people, with an Irish director, Irish cast and Irish writers, in Ireland, and Channel 4 broadcasts in Ireland. I'm not sure it could be more Irish without painting itself green and put a pig under its arm and a pint of guinness in the other.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Utter shite. My sister and broinlaw bought me the dvd for xmas, they think its hilarious. I even hid the dvd when they came to visit incase it sparked a conversation.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So? It was made by Irish people, with an Irish director, Irish cast and Irish writers, in Ireland, and Channel 4 broadcasts in Ireland. I'm not sure it could be more Irish without painting itself green and put a pig under its arm and a pint of guinness in the other.
British production company, British producers, mixed crew and indoor scenes were all filmed in London. Channel 4 may broadcast in Ireland but its British. Irish writers pitched an idea for a comedy set in Ireland to a British company. Obviously it had to have Irish cast. My point is still that it wasn't a home grown Irish show. Rte would probably have rejected the idea, although the rumours that they actually did turned out to be false.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Hardy Bucks was brilliant when it just started out on the internet...probably some of the best Irish comedy to come out in a while. Unfortunately a lot of the show's comedy is subtle and subtlety is something that Irish people by and large don't get at all in comedy. Seems like it has lost it's teeth and gone too broad since it hit RTE just to pander to a wider audience.

God I sound like a hipster whining about a band.

Sar

Part of the furniture
I think Mrs Brown's Boys is hilarious. Then again I'm a low-brow humour kinda guy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom