Mr. Anderson welcome back ....

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Hnnngrh, to be perfectly honest though, Bane was hardly in the film, to me it's unsurprising some people didn't recognise him.

Smith taking over his body, him trying to kill Neo with a knife, him trying to convince his captain to go find Morpheas, him lying on the table at the end along with a "he ruined the abmush" talk? That not enough? It was Smith with a goatee, was no where near unrecognisable. To have him in it anymore would have runed the build up and made the "zion" is really part of the matrix story a bit too obvious.

S

Sir Frizz

Yes he's in a few scenes, but how long are those scenes eh?

And nath, i think you've sparked a revelation. It would explain alot of things. Created by the machines, as a machine to keep the cycle of Zion being blown up in check, and the minds of the human race re-usable. How he was able to nail the sentinels in the "real" world...

T

Tom

There is a mega-long thread about all this on here somewhere....

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
Yes he's in a few scenes, but how long are those scenes eh?

And nath, i think you've sparked a revelation. It would explain alot of things. Created by the machines, as a machine to keep the cycle of Zion being blown up in check, and the minds of the human race re-usable. How he was able to nail the sentinels in the "real" world...

If you read the mega long thread, Neo isnt a machine, there isnt a real world, Zion is just another part of the Matrix. Its all about control :)

N

nath

Nah, there's no way that zion is just another part of the matrix. That'd be really really lame.

They've also said that that's not the case, but of course they could be lying. But it'd be lame. So I'm fairly certain it's not gunna be as crap as that.

R

ReActor

Haha! I have talked to many people who saw this film and it's amazing how many of them had no clue who Bane was and had completely forgotten his tangle with Smith and the scene with the knife. In fact, a number of people thought it was Cypher!

N

newborn

tbh, i enjoyed reloaded a lot more than i enjoyed the first one first time round. less pretentiuos chatter, more jizz inducing action.

i missed the big long thread discussing reloaded, so i shall put forth my own theory about the ending here. it's slightly left field, but seems just as likely to me as "neo is teh macheen!!!"

we are told in the first movie that the one can change anything in the matrix he sees fit, which infers that (if he is indeed human) he must have control over the machines, otherwise he can't change jack shit. now, i don't remember anything in the first film saying that he would only have this control over the machines whilst in the matrix, so it seems entirely possible that his powers over the machines work in the real world aswell, just that no one informed him of this (perhaps part of being the one is discovering new powers, like the revelation at the end of the first film that he could stop bullets). Perhaps when the sentinels attacked, he knew he had to do something, so tried his powers in the real world and lo and behold they worked.

T

The_Sheriff

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Am waiting for Joel Silver to turn Altered Carbon into a movie more than Matrix 3 tbh.
Is that on the cards then, 'cos the book was a really good read.?

Y

Yaka

heh if any one cuaght the bit where neo an agent smith punch each other in the face in slow mo. looks very much like a scene from this film

soz fer the bad typ0

R

ReActor

Originally posted by newborn
tbh, i enjoyed reloaded a lot more than i enjoyed the first one first time round. less pretentiuos chatter, more jizz inducing action.

Did we watch the same film?

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by Ch3tan
First movie was excellent, pratly because it was something that hadn't been seen before. The plot was more indepth in the second, and it gets better the more times you see it. Agreed it didn't feel the same as the first, but nothing will. The third should be good after all the build up it has had via the reloaded.

Not watched it tons more than once but it did seem a "better" film the more I watched it. I guess I've seen it about 3 times now. The guy's speech at the end makes more sense each time.

S

Sar

***********************START***********************************
The Architect -
Hello, Neo.

Neo -
Who are you?

The Architect -
I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

Neo -
Why am I here?

The Architect -
Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo -
You haven't answered my question.

The Architect -
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: Others? What others? How many? Answer me!'*

The Architect -
The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*Again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: Five versions? Three? I've been lied too. This is bull shit.*

Neo -
There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The Architect -
Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Once again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: You can't control me! Fuck you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me do
anything!*

Neo -
Choice. The problem is choice.

*The scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architects room*

The Architect -
The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche.
If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo -
The Oracle.

The Architect -
Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would
constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo -
This is about Zion.

The Architect -
You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo - Bull shit.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: Bull shit!*

The Architect -
Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

*Scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then back to the Architects room.*

The Architect -
The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo -
You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive.

The Architect -
There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world.

*The Architect presses a button on a pen that he is holding, and images of people from all over the matrix appear on the monitors*

The Architect -
It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

*Images of Trinity fighting the agent from Neo's dream appear on the monitors*

Neo -
Trinity.

The Architect -
Apropos, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo -
No!

The Architect -
Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to the left leads back to the matrix, to her, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

*Neo walks to the door on his left*

The Architect -
Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

Neo -
If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

The Architect -
We won't.

*******************END************************************

Read it a few times, helps too :)

N

nath

It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

Strikes me that's pretty heavy proof that he's a machine. I also just had a thought that perhaps he's not, but since all humans born in the matrix were grown, who's to say the machines can't have some choice in the outcome of the child. Genetic engineering like. They design one child who will have these powers within the matrix, and also design him to have a great deal of compassion for the human race. Thusly when it comes to the crunch, he chooses the door on the left.

S

Sar

Originally posted by nath
Strikes me that's pretty heavy proof that he's a machine.

a profound attachment to the rest of your species

Well, unless the rest of the human race are machines too...

N

nath

Well then go with my other idea of the fact that he's genetically designed. I.e. still a human but designed to a certain spec by the machines.

S

(Shovel)

I dunno Nath, I recon given the depth of plot that is already going on, something that changes the perception of the film (e.g. Zion not real, Neo a machine), isn't going to happen.

The attraction of the film is that Neo is real, a nerd like you me and the rest of Barrysworld (heh). Changing the existance of the central character would ruin all three films.

I think he's certainly human, remembering the thread following Reloaded, the theories about his link with Smith (from the beginning of the burly brawl) are the ones that I recon has the most going for it.

The trailer was good, but didn't have the same "Oh sweet Jesus yes!" reaction as for the Reloaded one.

Users who are viewing this thread