MP3 FM transmiters

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Has anyone got a FM transmiter that plugs into your i-pod so you can tune it in to the car radio??

I'm after one and they all seem to be about under £5, now is it me, but i always think, cheap = crap, or is this about the right price?

Can anyone recomend a good one that they know works and wont fall apart after about a week

Cheers :):):)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I use one called a PodFreq which cradles the ipod. Not sure you can buy them over here but it is the dangly bits!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
ive got one and it works quite well.

iirc you can pick them in comet/currys but not sure of the legalities of them - i got mine through ebay from HK.

Edmond

I think they are quite legal now, i know for a while they weren't. one of those mad laws where you can legally buy it, but hey, dont be caught using it....

I'm sure there is still a law dating back to the Magna Carta that recording off your TV is stiil illegal, so stupid

Amazon sell a few, and i saw some in HMV today, but they were very overpriced compared to Amazon

Edmond

I use one called a PodFreq which cradles the ipod. Not sure you can buy them over here but it is the dangly bits!

Cheers Deebs

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
I used to have one for my 3G ipod, which wasn't great tbh, but I know someone who has an iStuff Autoscan and says that it's really good, so if I buy another for my video ipod, I'd probably get one of those. They're about £25'ish, iirc.

P.S. You're avatar freaks me out, Noel is just plain scarey.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I think they are quite legal now, i know for a while they weren't. one of those mad laws where you can legally buy it, but hey, dont be caught using it....

I remember somebody saying it was something to do with pirate radio laws as daft as that may sound. I managed to get a cd player from Halfords that had a usb port and a card reader built into it so I never bothered with one, but if they're legal now I might get one.

Edmond

I used to have one for my 3G ipod, which wasn't great tbh, but I know someone who has an iStuff Autoscan and says that it's really good, so if I buy another for my video ipod, I'd probably get one of those. They're about £25'ish, iirc.

P.S. You're avatar freaks me out, Noel is just plain scarey.

Thanks

Just been to Amazon and they have it for £16, it looks good, as it finds the clearest FM frequency for you, and it plugs into the cigerette lighter, which some of them run of batteries only, i wonder how long they would last on a long journey

and as for Noel.....blame Deebs, he started it :D :D :D

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
I remember somebody saying it was something to do with pirate radio laws as daft as that may sound.

I believe their initially illegality was due to the laws licensing the fm spectrum, pirate transmitters are ofc unlicensed and thus illegal, and these mp3 transmitters were illegal under the same law.

They are now legal after OFCOM made an exemption for very low powered devices such as mp3 transmitters.

Ofcom flicks switch on iPod FM | The Register

Rubric

Part of the furniture
ot an itri[ works fine but i cn't bloody find it at the mo. its doing my head in :(

Edmond

Thanks for all your help people, Iv'e gone for the iStuff Autoscan that Malecheon mentioned, so i will let you know how it goes

Thanks again

Nate

FH is my second home
If you have trouble with that one, I've got this! Does pretty well, you can either use 2xAAA batteries or plug it in to a cig lighter/power outlet in the car.

Edmond

If you have trouble with that one, I've got this! Does pretty well, you can either use 2xAAA batteries or plug it in to a cig lighter/power outlet in the car.

Thanks Nate, i have ordered the Autoscan one now, but i did look at the Belkin as it was recomended by a friend, but the Autoscan got my vote because of, well, it autoscans

If this one is shit then i will keep it in mind

Thanks

Edmond

Oh, bugger, that looks good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom