Mp3 Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the best Mp3 Download program .. I use Kazaa at and im not happy with it .. Any got any better suggestions ?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Uh ho! :flame:

Does that napster do it? I read somewhere, I think on this forum that you can DL from them now as they have started back up but there is a minimal charge!

As tROG said Piracy is naughty thing :m00:

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
You have to be in North America for the iTunes Music Store, Napster, etc.

Although, the European iTMS is supposed to be launching sometime this year. I'm thinking/hoping that it'll launch when the iPod Mini hits the European market, so that Apple snatch up a shitload of sales from people with a new gadget in their hands.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Soulseek is pretty much the best around at the moment as long as you aren't after commercial stuff.

RedVenom

Banned
Scooba da Bass said:
Soulseek is pretty much the best around at the moment as long as you aren't after commercial stuff.

You crazy scratch pirate. Kaazar4lyfe.

: mad :

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:

Thank god for retards and amateur mods!

emot-britain.gif

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Surely all of FH's moderators are 'amateur' by your comment - noone is paid to moderate here and thus can't be considered 'professional' ?

:rolleyes:

As to the KaZaA comment, if you want to riddle your machine with Spyware then go straight ahead, KaZaA lite users get reamed for bandwidth since the changes to the main network transport KaZaA uses back in Janurary, so either way it's a pretty crappy option if you're determined to download unlicensed material.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Why the fuck are you posting single smiley replies? Do you not have anything better to do with your time than repeatedly troll a forum? As for looking down on people for downloading unlicensed material I wasn't aware of a Fatboy Slim song called 'Unknown', and as far as I'm aware legal mp3 downloads are fully tagged, *gasp* could it be that you're a massive hypocrite as well?

Take yourself back off to your Tech(sic)nation forums and stop causing trouble here.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
No, but iTunes has a lovely little rip to Mp3 facility and last time I checked it wasn't teh law to enter all the ID3 details.

Regardless, the issue is with openly discussing means of piracy. People don't use KaZaA to obtain legitimate content, that's what services such as iTunes are there for.

Incidentally Scooba, I've had enough of your little pokes for one day, see you tomorrow.

RedVenom

Banned
Xavier said:
No, but iTunes has a lovely little rip to Mp3 facility and last time I checked it wasn't teh law to enter all the ID3 details.

Regardless, the issue is with openly discussing means of piracy. People don't use KaZaA to obtain legitimate content, that's what services such as iTunes are there for.

Not really. Some CD's are copy protected now, and if I want a backup of my CD (which I'm entitled to) then I have to find the music - which I've ALREADY paid for - elsewhere.

And surely if you want to maintain a backup of your (clearly) legitimate CD's, you shouldn't be putting them into an inferior format? And if you are, you would be tagging them as appropriate. Otherwise you'd use other software - which you've also obviously paid for - to make an exact copy.

You should take your own advice; stop trolling and either answer the question or get out of the thread. :eek:

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I wasn't asked a question, Scooba made an inaccurate accusation. And no, I've better things to do than hand-enter track data for every CD I MP3. The collection on my iPod is pretty static these days so I'm not worried if I don't fill in an album field or something like that. They're sorted by folder anyhow.

Incidentally, that FBS album is 'Live on Brighton Beach' and the mixes, some 13 tracks in total I think, stretch over 14 physical tracks on the CD, not being bothered to identify them correctly, and seeing as I listen to it as a whole I didn't bother entering the names, which would at least in part have been inaccurate.

I don't need to justify any aspect of my music listening habits here anyhow, I was initially referring to the discussion of KaZaA which isn't something we want in the forums, and I've already given Scooba a 1-day ban for his outburst, so unless you want to continue discussing the topic RV I'd suggest you leave this matter alone.

RedVenom

Banned
You were asked a question by replying to this thread. If you can't contribute more than a :rolleyes:, you should think twice before posting at all.

You hardly have to fill in the information for every CD you own. CDDB takes care of everything you may wish to put into an alternative format. The only time you would have to enter the data by hand is if you downloaded the tracks, and they weren't tagged. And you wouldn't do that now, would you.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Xavier said:
I wasn't asked a question, Scooba made an inaccurate accusation. And no, I've better things to do than hand-enter track data for every CD I MP3. The collection on my iPod is pretty static these days so I'm not worried if I don't fill in an album field or something like that. They're sorted by folder anyhow.

I believe that's what programs like this are for.
Oh, and yes, I am very anal about proper tagging of MP3s/whatever.
But that's not on-topic :(

So, err... DC++? Soulseek? As long as you don't use them for naughty things :eek:
CD Copy Protection is a bitch. I buy CDs so that I can listen to them on my comp/mp3 player - and for the Copy Protected ones, I have to end up downloading them to listen to them, anyway.
It's poo.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
RedVenom said:
You were asked a question by replying to this thread. If you can't contribute more than a :rolleyes:, you should think twice before posting at all.

You hardly have to fill in the information for every CD you own. CDDB takes care of everything you may wish to put into an alternative format. The only time you would have to enter the data by hand is if you downloaded the tracks, and they weren't tagged. And you wouldn't do that now, would you.
Or, if I MP3'd the album when I wasn't online. Offline PC's do exist y'know.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
tRoG said:
I believe that's what programs like this are for.
Actually, iTunes has a great mass-tagging option too, but thanks I'll give it a look.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't know, I've been a firm winamp user up until a couple of days ago when my Mini iPod arrived* :D

* Damn, I love to gloat. In your face! Nyeeeah! Reaaaaagh! Bphlzzzzzzzzzrrr! :p

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
*strokes 40Gb v3 iPod*

So I take it you're using iTunes and not MMJB? :D

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
i saw someone using WinMX once and they succesfully acquired a song they were after.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Scooba has a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding copyright issues. Thats fair enough, I can respect his opinion, but it doesn't stop him stealing images for his avatar does it?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, but it's easy to be selective in such matters from your ivory tower...

RedVenom

Banned
Tom said:
Scooba has a bit of a chip on his shoulder regarding copyright issues. Thats fair enough, I can respect his opinion, but it doesn't stop him stealing images for his avatar does it?

Erm, how is his avatar copyright infringement?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
His previous avatars. I don't know what the current one is.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Personally I do not think laying into someone when they are unable to speak for themselves is on. Please can we refrain for doing this thx.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Oh what a surprise. An mp3 thread that has decended into a petty argument. Look at it this way. Everyone does it legally or otherwise so how about we all descend from the peak that is moral highground.

I'm off to download some music using soulseek (my p2p of choice) as it happens. Later.

RedVenom

Banned
leggy said:
I'm off to download some music using soulseek (my p2p of choice) as it happens. Later.

Look out, Xav will get you if you admit to doing something illegal on these forums. We don't want your kind here.

rolleyesbarf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom