mp3 cds?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've just bought an mp3 cd player for my car (link)

How do I go about making an mp3 cd full of albums? Is there a special format or something? What do I do? I want to put about 8-10 albums on each disc I make. The player says something about CD text and the like - is this something that you can encode when you make the mp3 cd?

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby uses Nero, which allows him to use a wizard to give the cd a name and such .Otherwise, Catsby's mp3 player takes the songs detail from the mp3 file itself.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Catsby uses Nero, which allows him to use a wizard to give the cd a name and such. Otherwise, Catsby's mp3 player takes the songs detail from the mp3 file itself.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
On Windows XP:

1. Put blank CD-R into drive.
2. When options come up, select "open writeable folder".
3. Drag and drop MP3s into it.
4. Choose "write these files to disk".
5. Ta-dah !

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Is it really that simple? Cool, I'll try it once the radio is in.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Bollocks. Windows doesn't like writing to my CDR. The only thing that does, is Roxio Easy CD Creator. And its the cheapo version that comes with the drive, so the 'make an mp3 cd' option is greyed out.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
does it have make a "make data cd" option? cos that will probably work too

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive got a Sony mp3 CD player in my car Tom, all my CD's are just bog standard data cd's, none of this creat mp3 disk malarky, just drag and drop the files and burn a data CD.

You can forward an album or a track at a time, and the player displays the MP3 info thats tagged to the file.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
indeed, Wilier has the right of it. most mp3 playing machines don't care what the data looks like. just wack them onto a cd and shove it in your player :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
.Wilier. said:
Ive got a Sony mp3 CD player in my car Tom, all my CD's are just bog standard data cd's, none of this creat mp3 disk malarky, just drag and drop the files and burn a data CD.

You can forward an album or a track at a time, and the player displays the MP3 info thats tagged to the file.

So all I do is copy the mp3 files to the root directory, and away I go? How do I ensure they play in the correct order? Filename numbering (eg 0001***.mp3 0002***.mp3 etc)?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tom said:
How do I ensure they play in the correct order? Filename numbering (eg 0001***.mp3 0002***.mp3 etc)?

do you want them to? imo shuffle play rules, but that's just my taste tbh. iirc you can get away with a *very* lightweight directory design in place to separate your albums. if you want correct order, you'll either have to encode the track number into your ID3 tag (if your player supports that) or rip them to a filename layout with the track number first so your player can sort on it.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
I burn them in /artis/cd/tracknum-songname.mp3
plays ok in my car mp3 player, lets me select dirs and plays all the songs ect...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Ah ok, so I'll just use the album names for directories, and change the ID3 tags (if they're not already done).

I use WMP9 to rip CDs, so I presume using its information gathering software, it will automatically correctly label each track when I rip a CD? Then I have to use the Roxio software to burn it (because the stupid thing doesn't work with any other software).

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Ah ok, so I'll just use the album names for directories, and change the ID3 tags (if they're not already done).

I use WMP9 to rip CDs, so I presume using its information gathering software, it will automatically correctly label each track when I rip a CD? Then I have to use the Roxio software to burn it (because the stupid thing doesn't work with any other software).
Tom try using EAC for ripping, great tool, reads a good few 'protected cds' without problems and highly configurable.
Bit complicated to configure tho.
but one off the best rippers out there

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Did some today as a data cd with folders, works a treat - thanks fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom