MP crowns

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
201
Probably just whining here but anyone else had really high retry amounts getting MP crowns?

I cant remember ever having to do anything more than 150 retry (I always count) and had lgm crafters ages now. But its not like that with crowns. This far on my list is MP chain crown with 250 retry another MP chain crown with 270 something retry and now the record when im crafting on glas is 341 retry on cloth crown... :) Lucky the last one is cloth so only costed me 4.3p...
 

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
967
/em rubs salt.
Made 1 last week in about 15 tries.
Another took under 20 as well.

Danita
 

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
828
that sucks :( i tried 1 a few days ago when it was orange came out mp first time w00t sadly 40 attempts later still no mp :)
 

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
272
My best advice for crafting mp is the same as when playing blackjack. always stop when you are lucky. When i get an mp i do a few tries more and then i logg and play some toon awhile. I think the random function in daoc often is very realistic, and just as in real life its often better to take a break and do something else after you won. The human psyche doesnt experience random the way random really is, thats important to understand. We all have unrealistic views about our own luck. that is a fact. we register when we "win" more then when we "lose". Human nature does not allow an objective view of our own luck.
 

Miril

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
162
Made 2 mp wreaths in 2 tries (1 leather, 1 cloth), a few days ago. So just randomness <3 :puke:
 

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
272
Miril said:
Made 2 mp wreaths in 2 tries (1 leather, 1 cloth), a few days ago. So just randomness <3 :puke:
Yes its often like that. 2 or 3 within 20 tries. and then 2-300 tries between if you are stupid enough to do those. Just like when playing blackjack or when some RvR. You win a few times and then you spend the rest of the night loosing. my advice is not to. my advice is to always take a break after those rare mp's.
 

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,412
Roalith said:
... don't get me started :p

hahaha this the man who has a right to complain bout crafting. I mean if your second name is unhinged you have seen to much forge
 

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,181
Farbaute2 said:
My best advice for crafting mp is the same as when playing blackjack. always stop when you are lucky. When i get an mp i do a few tries more and then i logg and play some toon awhile. I think the random function in daoc often is very realistic, and just as in real life its often better to take a break and do something else after you won. The human psyche doesnt experience random the way random really is, thats important to understand. We all have unrealistic views about our own luck. that is a fact. we register when we "win" more then when we "lose". Human nature does not allow an objective view of our own luck.
Then again since its random there is nothing to support that you should log or do something else once you got an MP. There is just as much chanse that you will get another MP on the next try as on any other try. But by all means, allow yourself a break after you have crafted for hours or days and finally got an mp ;)
 

Guldske

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
203
Some time ago i had to make 26xx retry's on leather gloves.
Took me forever. i tryed rightnow it and they just told me "pure bad luck"
 

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jun 26, 2004
Messages
1,726
2600? Seriusly? i really cant se that being posible :eek7: , you just cant be that unlucky :m00:
 

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
756
the 2%chance seems to be working quite well to me.
 

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
272
Fana said:
Then again since its random there is nothing to support that you should log or do something else once you got an MP. There is just as much chanse that you will get another MP on the next try as on any other try. But by all means, allow yourself a break after you have crafted for hours or days and finally got an mp ;)
Sorry but you didnt understand what i meant there. I hardly ever craft more then 30 minutes at a time when i craft mp's. Every try there is 2% chance to get an mp, after you pushed the button, but there is also a third possibility. You always have the choice to quit crafting also. Choices are not random.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom