Mozilla Firebird.

T

Trem

Put this browser on last night and I love it. Is there anything else I need to add to the plug-ins for it, I did Flash and that works fine. The reason I ask is that on these forums the text box where I'm typing this is half the size it used to be in IE, I also tried to do an image on here last night and that didn't work although the link was good. Thanks for any help you big bunch of lovely tarts.

C

Ch3tan

The text box ehre is still half the size for me, and I've installed loads.

This browser is the dogs bollocks.

Get the tab browser extensions. Acrobat plugin, quicktime etc. As for images, they work fine here, you sure its not some kind of popup/ad killer you have thats not letting you see the images?

T

Trem

No Ch3ts I have never used those as I find they cause problems on certain sites where you have a security pop-up you have to agree to. Well if yours is half the size and its working fine then maybe it was a one-off. It truly pisses all over IE imo though.

J

Jonty

Hi Trem

Just passing thtough, but since I use Firebird I thought I'd answer :)

The reduced size of the text box is, I believe, due to the fact that the code powering the forums isn't particular standards compliant. Whilst Firebird, and other Mozilla browsers, can render non-standards compliant pages, they're not nearly as good as IE in compensating for dodgy code. That's not a criticism of Firebird, fa from it, just an observation.

As for the image, I don't believe that's anything to do with Firebird per se, although without more details I can't be 100% sure. Unlike IE, which by default uses image placeholders to highlight downloading images, Firebird sadly doesn't have this feature. This means that if the image has some alternate textual description (e.g.
) then the description alone will be shown (e.g. My Image). If no alternate text is available, as with 'img' BBCode, then a blank space is simply left. If the link itself was valid, then it could just be the 'img' BBCode was disabled by the forum admin in the instance you were tying to use it (e.g. images in private messages are not permitted). But like I say, without knowing more it's hard to say what caused the problem.

Kind Regards

L

~Lazarus~

where would one find a link to said download?

D

djpringle

Here's one stolen from the Drivers and Utilities thread. Might as well have a go myself.....about the plug-ins though...aha saw them down at the bottom of the download page.

T

Trem

JONTY FOR JEBUS!!!

Thanks alot Jontyz0r, the image in question was on these forums, some geezer did a link to a picture and me being the helpful twat I am thought I would whack the image up for him rather than link to it. So I just put the address in the image option we have on these forums for......well......images. I clicked his link and it worked but the image didn't after putting the address in the box.

L

~Lazarus~

Noob Alert!!!

ok

Downloaded the Firebird.

Unzipped it.

Set to default browser

Now -------- what do I do now?:uhoh: :eek6: :help:

S

Sibanac

Re: Noob Alert!!!

Originally posted by ~Lazarus~